Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2018, 15:14   #151
Team-BHP Support

Re: Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Even on smooth surface and on the speed breakers hear the tak tak sound from the front left.
Front left more likely to be a link rod issue IMO.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 14:00   #152
Senior - BHPian

Re: Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 y

So it was time to pamper the Punto. Long time due detailing session was done on 21st Oct. Gave the vehicle at Max shine, Ghodbunder Road branch (Second outlet in Thane) at 9.30 am, the car was ready by 2 pm. Was glad to see the shine back on the car. Removed the FIAT stickers pasted on the door as well as Live to Drive sticker at the rear as it was totally faded.

Found a few rusting issues which will need some urgent attention.

Pics before the detailing:

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img_20181021_091309.jpg

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img_20181021_091315.jpg

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img_20181021_091325.jpg

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img_20181021_091334.jpg

Pics after detailing:

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img_20181021_161933.jpg

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img_20181021_162106.jpg

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img_20181021_162113.jpg

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img_20181021_162129.jpg

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img_20181021_162214.jpg

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img_20181021_162227.jpg

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img_20181021_162246.jpg

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img_20181021_162339.jpg

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img_20181021_162437.jpg

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img_20181021_162510.jpg

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img_20181021_163356.jpg

Notice the rusting in the engine bay area.

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img_20181021_163159.jpg
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 17:34   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Front left more likely to be a link rod issue IMO.
That's so very correct mate. I showed to a workshop today and they diagnosed to the the front right link rod issue. What they told me was the link rod connection to the stabilizer bar was loose due to loss of oil. The left link rod is also showing the same signs, hence will be replacing as a pair.

In addition a couple of issues observed when the car was raised on the ramp. The brake pads need replacement and coolant leak was observed from one of the hoses. The brake pads were last replaced in June 2016 when the odo was 36k kms. Now odo is 65k kms. The brake pads didn't even last for 30k kms.

When checked the coolant was less than min mark, it was replaced in June 2018 during the annual checks.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 14:14   #154
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend, the following jobs were done on the Punto:
1) Replaced the faulty link rods (left & right)
2) Replaced the Brake pad set. the car had run only 29k kms since last change at 36k kms. I guess the bad roads, bumper to bumper traffic during the last monsoon was the major reason for the same.
3) Steering wheel buttons were serviced as there was some issue in operating the same
4) There was coolant leakage from the EGR assembly which had reduced the level in the coolant tank to less than the min mark. The EGR assy was removed, some hoses were found to be very stiff which were replaced. The metal pipe section had seen severe corrosion but due to part unavailability was serviced and put back. Coolant tank was topped up, will need to closely monitor the coolant level.

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img_20181027_101636.jpg

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img_20181027_101731.jpg

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img20181027wa0059.jpg

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img20181027wa0063.jpg

Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img20181027wa0065.jpg

5) There was some malfunction in the right side turn indicator which was serviced.
6) There was a play in the rear seat mounting which was loose in the clip which holds the seat firmly. The seat section was covered with some tape to ensure a snug fit.
7) The LH Ac vent was damaged during the latest detailing, this will need replacement.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 08:25   #155
Senior - BHPian

Last week was getting intermittent and momentary indication of Insufficient oil pressure message on the display. Checked the Oil level, was surprised to see no oil indication on the dip stick. The oil was last changed in June 2018 during the yearly scheduled servicing. 1 ltr engine oil was topped immediately and the dip stick showed the oil indication.

What could be the reason for the drop in the oil level? Have been repeatedly checking for oil leak below the car in the parking area at home and in office, haven't found any oil spill/leak. Can 1 ltr of oil be consumed in 6 months?
Old 3rd May 2019, 08:38   #156
Senior - BHPian

Had a harrowing experience during my last trip to Pune from Thane. The drive till the start of the ghat section on the Pune e-way was smooth. However during the ghat climb, the car did not pull at all. Experienced the dreaded power loss. Downshifting the gears also didn't help. I had to climb the ghats in 3rd gear with increased RPM till the Lonavala section after which the car picked up the speeds. Still maintained a steady 80 as I was having this chronic unease about the car. Through out the journey I had to raise the RPM till 5k on atleast 5-6 occasions.

The return journey started at about 3 pm. Having crossed a distance of 4 kms from, the red indicator on the oil temperature glowed and the needle had crossed the high mark. Stopped the car and upon inspection, to my horror found the coolant level zero. Spoke to a few Fiat friends and all advised to allow the car to cool down and then add either water or coolant. Luckily the spot where I had stopped an automobile spare stores was available & open although it was May 1st. Arranged for my family to travel back through MSRTC bus till Thane. I bought coolant (concentrated) and distilled water and topped into coolant tank. Immediately noticed a jet spray in one of the coolant hose pipes. I decided to shift the car to my BIL's place which was 4 kms and take a bus back to Thane.
A fiat friend's friend dropped by to check and he suggested two practical tips: 1) Remove the O ring of the coolant tank cap to avoid pressurization
2) Switch on the AC continuously
Managed to reach BIL's place and park the car but could see the leakage trails all through the parking lot.

Now the rant.
I had got the coolant topped up at Vroom Pointe FASS in Koperkhairane in Dec 2018 and got an assurance from FASS that the coolant system is leak free. Before that the coolant pipe connected to EGR was also replaced. It hardly took 4 months for the leak to re-appear.

The most worrisome issue for me is the power loss. The accelerator pedal was touching the metal, yet there was no, absolutely no pick up at all. I was advised the oil pump or the turbo may be the culprit. Now I have to go to Pune to pick up the car and drive back to Thane. What should I get checked before the drive?

Experts need your help and advise here. Sorry for the long post.
Old 18th January 2022, 15:39   #157
Senior - BHPian

Waking up this sleeping thread for one last time. After 7 yrs of ownership the Punto moved to a different home in December 2021. It was an unforgettable association with the Fiat brand, had seen many ups and down during the ownership. However age was catching up fast with the car and the expenses were mounting hence with heavy heart had to part with the car. Sold it to a MH guy staying in Hyderabad and in turn made a permanent good friend with the new owner.

The new chapter begins shortly as the new car already joined the family. More details in the new ownership thread coming up soon.

Mods: request to close this thread.
ghodlur is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks