Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2014, 17:38   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years

Hi Ghodlur,

Forgot to ask one thing. How do you feel about the engine's response post the 15k km service? I can see a marked improvement. The car suddenly feels a lot faster. The turbo spools in pretty well and it does push me back in my seat much more than before. It is almost as if the car is running a different map now.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2014, 21:02   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Hi Ghodlur,

Forgot to ask one thing. How do you feel about the engine's response post the 15k km service? I can see a marked improvement. The car suddenly feels a lot faster. The turbo spools in pretty well and it does push me back in my seat much more than before. It is almost as if the car is running a different map now.
I got the same feeling after 15K servicing of my Linea. Engine response improved and car was faster than before. Also, I think the FE has increased now.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 08:12   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
How do you feel about the engine's response post the 15k km service?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I got the same feeling after 15K servicing of my Linea. Engine response improved and car was faster than before. Also, I think the FE has increased now.
Absolutely correct guys. The car indeed feels fed with steriods. One small push to the pedal and the car roars. The only time I get to rev hard is on my way to work in the mornings on Eastern express highway stretch. I for one have been finding the gear slotting to be a laborious task these days. The slotting from 2 to 3rd gear it seems takes ages. I have been getting an avg FE of 19 for the office runs and any weekend visits to malls brings the FE back to 16-17 range. On highway I have been able to extract 22 on my recent run to Pune post the first service.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 14:55   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Absolutely correct guys. The car indeed feels fed with steriods. One small push to the pedal and the car roars. The only time I get to rev hard is on my way to work in the mornings on Eastern express highway stretch. I for one have been finding the gear slotting to be a laborious task these days. The slotting from 2 to 3rd gear it seems takes ages. I have been getting an avg FE of 19 for the office runs and any weekend visits to malls brings the FE back to 16-17 range. On highway I have been able to extract 22 on my recent run to Pune post the first service.
Thats interesting note that the performance has improved post the first service. My first service is due in a couple of months.

Also, you seem to be getting a great mileage. I hardly get 13km/l in Bangalore city traffic and not more than 16km/l on the highways
NFS2024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 14:58   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Also, you seem to be getting a great mileage.
Thanks to the flexible work hours granted by my office, I travel mainly during non peak hours. Atleast I can enjoy a little of driving then.

I am sure if I drive during the rush hour traffic I will end up with a similar FE.
Old 18th August 2014, 15:27   #126
BHPian

I get 13-14 in city traffic and 20+ on highways.
Old 18th August 2014, 16:27   #127
BHPian

#1 May be resolved by getting greasing done for all power windows (window winders), had got it done for my Linea - all windows (costed ~600)

#2, #3:- Looks like electronics acting up, often these symptoms in Linea/Punto point towards a weak battery, you may want to get your battery checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Few issues cropping up regularly and some mysteriously vanishing too.

1) The driver side window make too much noise while rolling the glass up or down. I guess the motor must need some attention.
2) The radio FM channels keep auto tuning every 20 mins of playing. Yes recorded the timing and it was around 20 mins only. Any pointers
3) The door open indication flashed the other day and door auto locking function was disabled. Upon checking found the side doors OK but boot door was having the issue. Couple of times operations and the doors could be locked and so was the auto locking at 20kmph was working. Anything I must be doing for this or wait for it to happen next time.
4) The inner wind shield seems to be carrying a lot of smudge marks, dont know how it got there the first place. Very clearly visible when it fogs inside during monsoons. The regular car washer couldnt be that generous to clean the inner side of the front windshield. Any recommended ways to clean the smudges?

I am unable to use the dead pedal since it fouls with the clutch pedal. With my shoe size 10 I hardly get any movig space between the two pedals. Anybody with big foot and driving Punto facing this issue?
Autocop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 16:43   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats interesting note that the performance has improved post the first service. My first service is due in a couple of months.

Also, you seem to be getting a great mileage. I hardly get 13km/l in Bangalore city traffic and not more than 16km/l on the highways

Yes the change in performance is very substantial. However by first service, I believe you mean the 15K Kms Service and not the 5K Kms/6 month service.

For me the mileage difference has not been that great, but then I am yet to go out on the highway. Need to travel to Mumbai tomorrow on work and I am almost tempted to drive down just to feel the difference on the highway.

The engine note on the other hand has become slightly gruffier. Not that I am complaining though.

Last edited by vibbs : 18th August 2014 at 17:13. Reason: Correcting Typos
Old 19th August 2014, 00:01   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
not more than 16km/l on the highways
What speed do you drive on the highway? Last week my Linea gave me 22.9Kml on the Bangalore - Chennai stretch(speed 80-100) and during the return journey it was 18.7 Kml (speed 90-120).
Old 27th August 2014, 08:50   #130
Senior - BHPian

Looks like on the door locks is again showing signs of failure. And this time its the rear right door. The locks start operating when the door is opened. The same case when any other door is opened and the rear right is closed, the locks keep operating. The only time they are silenced when the driver side door is shut and doors get autolocked above 20kmph speeds. I am contemplating visit to the workshop to resolve this one and couple of other niggles.
Old 9th September 2014, 09:30   #131
Senior - BHPian

Due to sheer carelessness from my side, the front left window pane in my Punto was left open causing the rain water to seep in and wet the front left seat and the driver seat to a little minimum. I have started the initial remedial of putting in newspapers to start the soaking of the water. What should I do for the water that has seeped inside the seat cushions? Would starting the heater inside the car take car of the issue? Will there be any water spots still left? Any advice for a fast and quick solution is very much welcome.
Old 9th September 2014, 10:27   #132
Senior - BHPian

Try to see if you can remove the seat cover and stuff newspaper. Nothing beats the newspaper in absorbing moisture and dampness. I always keep a bunch of newspapers with me.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 10:32   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Try to see if you can remove the seat cover and stuff newspaper. Nothing beats the newspaper in absorbing moisture and dampness. I always keep a bunch of newspapers with me.
Thanks Raj for the tip.

I had actually stuffed so much newspapers that it looked weird. Had also switched on the heater directing the hot air blast to the seats. The seats has almost dried. Just dont want any one sitting in the co driver seat to experience wetting later.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 17:59   #134
Senior - BHPian

Visiting my ownership thread exactly after two years. The Punto was doing the job it was bought for, ferrying me to office and back and the occasional Pune trips. There hadn't been any long trips so far except for the visit to my Home town Bijapur way back in Dec 2015.

I had made a quick run to Pune this week and observed a strange issue. There was power loss and no acceleration at lower gears. The rpm did not rise above 3500 and accelerating in gears became very difficult. The issue put me in a tough situations when I was in the ghats on the Pune eway. Had to drag along in 40 and 50 speeds. This was happening on the uphill slopes. There was no indication on the MID. After the ghats could cruise at 80 speeds. While coming back there was no such issue, maybe due to downhill slope from Pune to Mumbai. What could be the issue - turbo, clutch plates, adulterated fuel?? There was black smoke when I floored the accelerated in idle.

This is the second time it happened in the 4 yrs of ownership. The first time it happened was during this monsoons, it resolved on its own.
Old 20th November 2017, 08:50   #135
Senior - BHPian

The Michelins were installed in Dec 2016 (refer http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post4119408) and had my first puncture a couple of days back. The culprit was an inch long nail which had somehow found its way inside the rear left tyre. The nail was removed and puncture kit put in its place. The guy was super quick with entire activity taking less than 15 mins.

The Punto was detailed over the weekend at Max shine and was happy with the outcome. Mangesh as usual does a fantastic job. Details here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ml#post4308255
Attached Thumbnails
Petrolhead turns dieselhead - BNW Fiat Grande Punto Emotion comes home. EDIT: 62K km done in 5 years-img1510922348022.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks