Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2013, 23:43   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Fiat Grande Punto: 50 months & 90,000 kms. EDIT: Now sold

Firstly am really sorry to know about your dad's incident. May his soul rest in peace. I was really shaken reading about the whole incident.

Now about the review its an excellent and detailed review. One can really bang on your review to take a decision to buy a Punto. Its a well deserved 5 star thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Being in medical profession here is piece of information about Heart attack (or myocardial infarction/ MI) I would like to share with you all.
First of all thanks a lot for sharing this useful information. I just want to know one thing, in case of a MI will there be any changes in the pulse rate so we can get a clue even before the ecg arrives?

Last edited by Samba : 3rd December 2013 at 23:46.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 23:44   #32
BANNED

Take a bow, What a writing.

Will not comment more as I know Sid and his car so well over the years.

Rated 5 ☆ and Welcome back to T-BHP.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 00:56   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I just want to know one thing, in case of a MI will there be any changes in the pulse rate so we can get a clue even before the ecg arrives?
The heart rate is usually increased, and the regular rhythm is lost. The pulse will be irregular, which is a better indicator that rate.
bravo82in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 02:43   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Being in medical profession here is piece of information about Heart attack (or myocardial infarction/ MI) I would like to share with you all.
The typical presentation of heart attack as popularised by Bollywood movies is Dad or mom of the lead role complaining chest pain or discomfort, with his/her rt hand over chest after an emotional news.
If any pain near the chest which lasted for almost a week but after taking muscle pull pain killers and gastritis medicines finally relieved and pain gone

Will getting an ECG done now when there is no pain, be useful in knowing the reason if it was bcoz of heart issue

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th December 2013 at 02:16. Reason: Please quote selectively as a long quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers. Thanks
namit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 09:38   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit View Post
Will getting an ECG done now when there is no pain, be useful in knowing the reason if it was bcoz of heart issue
Yes, if there are associated risk factors ( family history of heart disease in first degree relatives, high b.p., high cholesterol, age 40+, obesity, smoking, alcohol, sedentary lifestyle etc.)

ECG should have been done at the first place when there was chest pain and gastritis.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 13:02   #36
BHPian

Welcome Back Sid! As usual a great write-up. Looking forward to read more

My sincere heartfelt condolences to you and your family on your fathers demise. May his soul RIP.

Kiran
kiren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 20:37   #37
BHPian

Nice write up and some amazing pics sid!

sorry about your fathers demise.

If i can remember you owned a punto previously too,Right?

Last edited by shantyrocks : 6th December 2013 at 20:37. Reason: sms language
shantyrocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 18:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

Update on the steering column noise issue: New steering column assembly ordered and will arrive next week. Will be replaced under warranty. This noise comes when steering is rotated at parking speeds and is a bit louder than the hydraulic pump noise. It sounds akin to a muted sound of a handpump.

Its a good thing that both Oberoi fiat and Fiat listens to our issues and honours warranty claims, admitting that the part was defective. Only thing they need to do is train workshops more and more on identifying the problem identification parameters at first place. Else, the car is very reliable and trouble free.

Signing off with this pic, clicked from my year old Nokia Lumia 920.

Fiat Grande Punto: 50 months & 90,000 kms. EDIT: Now sold-img-328.jpg

Last edited by sidindica : 8th December 2013 at 19:19.
sidindica is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 19:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

Sid, brilliantly written posts on your thread. Keep it up.
Having seen & read about the way you kept your Santro, I am sure your Punto will be one of the best maintained Fiats in the country.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 22:28   #40
BHPian

Brilliantly penned review Sid. Over the last several months, we have met quite a few times at Oberoi sec 63: normal weekends, service camps, frustrated weekends, and each time, I have said to myself: what an immaculately maintained car! Not only this, several workshop personnel actually know you and your car really well: from a toned down "shorts waaley Saar", to "chhappan satra" to "laal wali nayi gaadi", to "siddharth ji"! In your presence, and, ahem, absence too! Your car is that famous.

Rightly observed, FIAT India, Oberoi, and service GM, Mr. Gopalan: as some of us have observed, have been quite helpful over the months. Consistently. I can only hope it continues, though I hear and read some not so encouraging reviews too.

Little OT: I personally feel, for some Fiat owners, Kashyap Motors/Sharmaji is the place to go while for others, it's Oberoi. For the rest, they don't care much: as long the car runs, they are good! But, the way Oberoi accomodates a car for the smallest of niggles, is really worth mentioning. The sector 63 workshop would have its own body shop in a couple of months, too.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 8th December 2013 at 22:34.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 15:02   #41
BHPian

My heartfelt condolences on your loss. May God give you and your family strength to overcome this loss.

It is always great to see a Punto review, but this one has to take the cake for sheer detail and writing flair. Awesome review.

It is good to see that the Punto performing well and keeping you satisfied. However, concerns seem to be there for the amount of effort and time being spent in sorting out niggling issues, which should have been sorted at the QC level itself.

I think this is where FIAT needs to focus and improve. Having owned an Uno, an Alto and an Accent, Hyundai seems to be the best in this regard, as of now.

Anyways, wishing you very happy miles with the Beluga. Truly, the photographs, which are really good, do not do justice to the overall beauty and road presence of the Punto. I just wish I had taken the plunge when I could have!

Looking forward to continued visual treats and updates.
prateekswarup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 18:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

Great to see you back on T-Bhp Sid. Very sorry to hear about your Dad, but glad you are moving on.

Lovely review of the Punto there. Such stuff can only come from the heart !

The car looks lovely and I wish you a trouble free ownership experience.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 18:11   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Firstly, accept my heartfelt condolences for your father's demise. May god give you all strength to cope up with the loss.

On the ownership review itself, well what to say : Absolutely delightful and comprehensive one Sid. It was just a month before that I managed to see your well maintained shiny exotica Red in flesh in NOIDA while we were on our Anti-clockwise GQ Run with funkykar and alokgunhal!

Great to see you back on Team-Bhp and wish to see many more updates on this thread.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 18:20   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Sid. Nice to see you back with another detailed review. Couple of weeks back was going through the SX4 diesel review by you and was wondering why no updates of late from you.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 20:20   #45
BHPian

Really sorry for your loss Sid.

I would be isolated for weeks if not months after a loss like that.

I have the same car so happy motoring and i hope you have a thick skin cause the service is beyond terrible.
krreddy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks