Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2014, 12:54   #76
J.Ravi

re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!

There is an irritating feature - not a niggle though - in my Purple Cheetah. When I drive solo, obviously the front passenger seat belt will remain unworn as there is no passenger apart from the driver. But, the 'passenger seat belt not worn' warning light will remain on in the central bezel switch bank. There is no way to switch off that warning lamp other than inserting the buckle in the slot and locking it.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0012.jpg

Even after nearly a month, the tyre pressure remains intact in all the wheels. I like this Tiretronics feature.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-screenshot_20140412113055.png

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-screenshot_20140412113248.png

Old 12th April 2014, 13:54   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
There is an irritating feature - not a niggle though - in my Purple Cheetah
Guess it's subjective! Its situated too low for me to even take notice!
Old 12th April 2014, 14:16   #78

Dear Raviji,
Need some quick advice. Is there any benefit in going for the Maxi Care package offered by the dealership. It is costing 13500 but I am not sure whether to go for it.
Old 12th April 2014, 16:38   #79
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishit9999 View Post
Is there any benefit in going for the Maxi Care package offered by the dealership. It is costing 13500 but I am not sure whether to go for it.
No. I don't believe in such paint protection/underbody/engine-bay treatment as I wash, wax and clean my XUV500 myself. None of my past and present cars visited car-detailing centres for such treatment. Even during the first service, my RM tried in vain to sell extended RSA [Road-Side Assistance] and some paint protection/underbody/engine-bay treatment, which I negatived in the beginning itself. I asked him to carry out only such mandatory works specified in maintenance schedule.
  (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 05:42   #80
J.Ravi

Bangalore To Chennai

Purple Cheetah brought us safely and comfortably to our Chennai Royapettah home at 4:10 am today. We had left Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 10:30 pm last night. We had smooth sailing throughout the trip. We were not stopped for checking by RTO/cops/election officials anywhere. We took a break of 20 minutes at Shoolagiri HP COCOO for refuelling and loo. Purple Cheetah recorded the best fuel efficiency of 16.5 kmpl.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-midbangalorechennai18042014.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc02334.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-dsc02335.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-screenshot_20140418042033.png

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-screenshot_20140418042114.png

Last edited by J.Ravi : 18th April 2014 at 05:51.
  (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 08:18   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is an irritating feature - not a niggle though - in my Purple Cheetah. When I drive solo, obviously the front passenger seat belt will remain unworn as there is no passenger apart from the driver. But, the 'passenger seat belt not worn' warning light will remain on in the central bezel switch bank. There is no way to switch off that warning lamp other than inserting the buckle in the slot and locking it.
That's not a very good design. Can you confirm that you did not put any bag or object on passenger seat?

In my Altis the passenger seat belt light will turn on if it detects a passenger sitting (weight sensor) else no light. If you put a heavy laptop bag or grocery bag, the light will cone on.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 09:17   #82
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Can you confirm that you did not put any bag or object on passenger seat?
I checked again just a few minutes back. The warning lamp is always lit even without any weight/bag on it until the belt is buckled.

Old 18th April 2014, 09:27   #83
Team-BHP Support

There has to be a weight sensor. It does not make sense. The vehicle consistently warning about the seat belt not being put on, when there is no one to put. Now that is an odd situation. Has nobody else noticed it? Seems strange.

You may want to check with M&M. Just in case if the sensor IS present but not working.

Last edited by ampere : 18th April 2014 at 09:28.
Old 18th April 2014, 10:08   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You may want to check with M&M. Just in case if the sensor IS present but not working.
Unfortunately that's the way it is. The light will stay on unless buckled up.
Old 18th April 2014, 11:06   #85
Team-BHP Support

That's just thoughtless design. Basically they just have the sensor in the belt buckle with no passenger detection in the seat.
Old 18th April 2014, 16:40   #86
BHPian

Welcome back to chennai. The altitude graph - is it part of the smart phone app? or is it part of the XUV Display Unit? Very interesting feature.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 19:49   #87
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Welcome back to chennai.
Thanks, Seran Manian.

Quote:
The altitude graph - is it part of the smart phone app? or is it part of the XUV Display Unit? Very interesting feature.
Yes, the altitude and speed graphs are from MMI navigator which is again part of dashboard display unit, whereas the Tiretronics, fuel efficiency, etc. can be obtained both on the display unit and smart phones. However, on smart phones, the Tiretronics feature will tell the individual tyre pressure and temperature too, but in display mode, it will just say OK or not OK.

Old 20th April 2014, 12:06   #88
J.Ravi

Rear AC Not working

For the first time, Purple Cheetah carried 7 adults with ease yesterday. But, the tragedy is, the rear [third row] AC stopped working from yesterday. I tried in vain to book for a slot in the next week in the www.withyouhamesha.com website, which did not acknowledge my request for booking. It seems like I have to book the slot by calling India Garage tomorrow.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 20th April 2014 at 12:09.

Old 22nd April 2014, 14:18   #89
J.Ravi

Re: Rear AC Not working

Today, Purple Cheetah and me visited India Garage, Guindy, Chennai, and got the opening and closing message personalized by including my name.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah EDIT: Sold!-welcomemessage.jpg

Quote:
But, the tragedy is, the rear [third row] AC stopped working from yesterday.
It was my silly mistake. Inadvertently, I closed the rear AC vent. So, the rear AC switch could not be operated. With the rear vent open, I could switch on the rear AC successfully.

Quote:
Today, I tried in vain to fix the tow-eye properly into the threaded slot on the LHS of the rear bumper.
I was told that the threaded portion was painted, hence, there was some difficulty in screwing in the tow-eye. The excess paint on the threaded portion of the slot was removed, making the fastening the tow-eye an easy job. I could easily screw in the tow-eye to almost full length without any issue now. But, contrary to the instruction of owner's manual, the tow-eye could be fastened by rotating it in the clockwise direction only and not in anti-clockwise direction.

Thanks to the RM, David Charles, now my Purple Cheetah is back to normal as it was earlier. It goes without saying that all these works were done free of cost.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 22nd April 2014 at 14:34.

Old 23rd April 2014, 10:18   #90
BHPian

Re: Rear AC Not working

Quote:
It was my silly mistake. Inadvertently, I closed the rear AC vent. So, the rear AC switch could not be operated. With the rear vent open, I could switch on the rear AC successfully.
Had done the same mistake on mine. The last row flow control was set to zero and tried to switch on the rear a/c and the light was not coming ON. Had some frustration and then realized that it was my own mistake . Did not post it as the the solution for the problem you mentioned because I thought you might have already tried it.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks