Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2017, 20:20   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: This summer, I'm blessed with a Nissan Sunny XV Diesel

I hope the battery is reaching it's end of life. Takes at least couple of cranks for the engine to get life. I'm planning for audio system upgrade in near future, HU change with amplifier and better speakers. Few people suggested to go for bigger battery when installing amplifiers and high rating speakers. Should I? Please suggest.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 12:35   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
I hope the battery is reaching it's end of life. Takes at least couple of cranks for the engine to get life. I'm planning for audio system upgrade in near future, HU change with amplifier and better speakers. Few people suggested to go for bigger battery when installing amplifiers and high rating speakers. Should I? Please suggest.
You may get the battery checked at any good battery shop about its health. Topping up of distilled water may do the trick of keeping it good for some more time.

A little off-topic but the battery in my Micra had to be replaced after two years only. Your's is 2 years and 9 months. Is this an issue with this twin?

Before installing a bigger battery, confirm it with the A.S.S because when we had to change we were told we can only install a battery of the same rating, from outside as well, otherwise the warranty may get void. Hope you are still in the extended warranty period so its better to check with them.

Regards,
Debrup.
rupdeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 17:00   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupdeb View Post
You may get the battery checked at any good battery shop about its health. Topping up of distilled water may do the trick of keeping it good for some more time.

A little off-topic but the battery in my Micra had to be replaced after two years only. Your's is 2 years and 9 months. Is this an issue with this twin?

Before installing a bigger battery, confirm it with the A.S.S because when we had to change we were told we can only install a battery of the same rating, from outside as well, otherwise the warranty may get void. Hope you are still in the extended warranty period so its better to check with them.

Regards,
Debrup.
Thanks for the response. Let me try to give some more life to the battery as you said.

I'm not expecting an OE battery to last more than 3 years, that too with a slow moving brand like Nissan it's quite likely to have a battery which is far older than the vehicle itself.

Yes, my vehicle is under extended warranty but I can manage even after installing a bigger battery
Old 23rd March 2017, 17:05   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Battery health check done and reported to be "Good", charged it and used for couple of weeks and I felt the performance is degrading again. It takes at least couple of seconds for cranking. I will be replacing it during next service (due in a month)

AC was not performing well and found the filter to be culprit. Replaced it last week.
Old 25th March 2017, 21:06   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Battery health check done and reported to be "Good", charged it and used for couple of weeks and I felt the performance is degrading again. It takes at least couple of seconds for cranking. I will be replacing it during next service (due in a month)
Today while taking my Micra for its 90000 kms schedule service, it refused to start and we had to bring a mechanic from a nearby garage who jump started it. He checked that water level was low and refilled using distilled water and asked us not to stop the engine for at least 30 mins.

There were some signs, for a couple of month, like a bit longer crank time and a few times it didn't fire up the engine just the starter motor tried to start.

After jump starting it, took it to the A.S.S which is around 8 kms from my home and after reaching the place shut the engine down. It restarted on the first try but sounded quite lethargic.

Will check it for a week, if the symptoms continue will replace the battery which is still under 36 months warranty, might get 20% discount on the pro-rata basis. The first battery lasted for around 45000 kms before giving in and this one seems to follow suit.
Old 26th March 2017, 22:33   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There were some signs, for a couple of month, like a bit longer crank time and a few times it didn't fire up the engine just the starter motor tried to start.
I'm on the initial stage, it takes a little longer cranking time to fire the engine. I should get it replaced ASAP before it reaches the end of life.
Old 31st March 2017, 17:06   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Insurance renewal is due in a month (1st May to be precise) and to save few bucks due to the increase in premium effective from 1st Apr, got it renewed yesterday (details as follows)

Service Provider : HDFC Ergo
Plan : Zero Depreciation + Emergency Assistance
IDV : 7L
Premium : 17.8k

For the same package, Oriental Insurance was quoting a little less than 14k, but cashless claim was not possible with Nissan dealership and hence settled for HDFC
Old 30th May 2017, 15:01   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

With 40k on odo, completed 60k service

This summer, I'm blessed with a Nissan Sunny XV Diesel. 5 years / 70k km update-20170530_144853.jpg

Labor cost is almost twice than the part cost Nissan maintenance is not costly actually, but N.A.S.S make it an costly affair compared to M.A.S.S

What is done?
- Consumable change
- Brake cleaning (especially the rear)
- Injector cleaning
- AC vent cleaning
- Battery checked and found to be healthy

What is skipped?
- AC Filter replacement : I got it replaced a couple of months ago
- WA & WB : Why should one get it done when there is no symptoms of vehicle pull / uneven tire wear / vibration or judder? I skipped during last service as well (including tire rotation)

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 30th May 2017 at 15:04.
Old 30th May 2017, 23:45   #69
BHPian

Quote:
With 40k on odo, completed 60k service
Labor cost is almost twice than the part cost Nissan maintenance is not costly actually, but N.A.S.S make it an costly affair compared to M.A.S.S

What is done?
- Injector cleaning
Hi Mr. Boss,

The labor costs at NASS has increased substantially over the years. I went for my 90k service in last week of March and after seeing the labor charge I was quite shocked. I had thought they might be fleecing me and was contemplating about complaining to Nissan India but your service invoice states the rates are real. 2500 rupees (tax included) just for changing four filters and the engine oil is way too high IMHO. Last time they had offered me additional services like engine flush, injector cleaning and EGR cleaning which would have increased the bill by 3000 more but i politely refused. Did they actually removed the injectors and cleaned them or used an injector cleaner to be mixed with diesel?

Two things I noticed missing in your invoice since it was the 60k service : 1> The fuel filter was not replaced (supposed to be changed every 10k kms/ 6 months)
2> Isn't the AC drive belt changed during this service?

I hope they don't make an issue out of it in case you require any warranty claim during the extended period.

Regards,
Debrup
Old 31st May 2017, 09:52   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did they actually removed the injectors and cleaned them or used an injector cleaner to be mixed with diesel?
It's physical cleaning. Additive method should have costed one forth.

Quote:
Two things I noticed missing in your invoice since it was the 60k service : 1> The fuel filter was not replaced (supposed to be changed every 10k kms/ 6 months)
2> Isn't the AC drive belt changed during this service?
1) Fuel filter was replaced couple of months back (along with AC filter)
Driver filled diesel from one of the country side fuel station which I'm not satisfied with and replaced fuel filter immediately and cleaned the injectors during this service.

2) Nope. Checked and found to be "OK"
Old 7th June 2017, 14:27   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Covered a little over 41k km
This summer, I'm blessed with a Nissan Sunny XV Diesel. 5 years / 70k km update-img_4156.jpg

managed to get this FE
This summer, I'm blessed with a Nissan Sunny XV Diesel. 5 years / 70k km update-img_4155.jpg

This summer, I'm blessed with a Nissan Sunny XV Diesel. 5 years / 70k km update-img_4157.jpg
Old 23rd June 2017, 10:13   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

My dashcam failed long back (Chinese one, purchased from Japan) and I was in market for a affordable dashcam. Came across many positive reviews on Viofo A119 and ordered the same from eBay along with GPS mount, CPL, hard wiring kit and fuse tap. Delivery estimated by 2nd week of July.
Old 11th July 2017, 14:09   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My dashcam failed long back (Chinese one, purchased from Japan) and I was in market for a affordable dashcam. Came across many positive reviews on Viofo A119 and ordered the same from eBay along with GPS mount, CPL, hard wiring kit and fuse tap. Delivery estimated by 2nd week of July.
Got it delivered today. Waiting for the fuse tap and CPL

This summer, I'm blessed with a Nissan Sunny XV Diesel. 5 years / 70k km update-20170711_140350.jpg
Old 11th August 2017, 10:59   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest FE figure
MID : 23.2
Tank fill method : 22.8

90% Highway
100% AC
2 on board with boot filled during highway drives

This summer, I'm blessed with a Nissan Sunny XV Diesel. 5 years / 70k km update-20170811_090046.jpg

Injector cleaning during last service is doing this magic?
- Last tank fill was at my regular fuel station
- Tire pressure always maintained 30 Psi
- Route & driving style remains same (based on TAT)
Old 13th September 2017, 10:51   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Update : Dash cam hard wiring completed

For past couple of months I was using Viofo A119 with regular cigar lighter socket and completed the hard wiring last weekend.

Items purchased:

Viofo A119 Dashcam
This summer, I'm blessed with a Nissan Sunny XV Diesel. 5 years / 70k km update-01.jpg

This summer, I'm blessed with a Nissan Sunny XV Diesel. 5 years / 70k km update-02.jpg

Samsung Evo+ 32GB sd card
This summer, I'm blessed with a Nissan Sunny XV Diesel. 5 years / 70k km update-03.jpg

Few fuse taps
This summer, I'm blessed with a Nissan Sunny XV Diesel. 5 years / 70k km update-04.jpg

Fuse tap with 10A fuse and sleeve
This summer, I'm blessed with a Nissan Sunny XV Diesel. 5 years / 70k km update-05.jpg

Hard wiring kit
This summer, I'm blessed with a Nissan Sunny XV Diesel. 5 years / 70k km update-5a.jpg

Circuit tester
This summer, I'm blessed with a Nissan Sunny XV Diesel. 5 years / 70k km update-06.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks