Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2022, 10:53   #136
BHPian

Re: Good things come in small packages - Our Hyundai Xcent SX(O) AT a.k.a Delicate Darling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
ECM on the Xcent cost 22k though my initial estimate given was also around 40k.

Have they confirmed this to be the actual price?
Yes, they did. I did ask them the same and they mentioned since the model is approx 10 years old, they're not manufacturing this version of the ECU anymore and hence the inflated price. 49k is the part + programming included.
Old 21st August 2023, 20:06   #137
Senior - BHPian

Re: Good things come in small packages - Our Hyundai Xcent SX(O) AT a.k.a Delicate Darling!

Quote:
From the last few months - this thread hasn't seen many positive reports. Every time i post, there would be a new complaint to report.
Hey man, It's been a year since the last update. How's it doing? Hopefully well behaved? or has it been sold off?
Old 3rd September 2023, 08:44   #138
BHPian

I remember your and my Xcent SX were purchased around the same time. I should confess that in my experience the Hyundai service have largely been good and almost no complaints. But then my use has been really less. It is now 23k (yes 23k in 10 years)...in fact even some of the plastic sheets have not been removed yet. It is a 'guest' car.

I had a Santro Xing for 10 years before this and was very happy with that ownership as well. And the Xcent has been a wonderful little sedan that anyone who visits our house is happy with.

I notice you have had many sad experiences and it truly feels sad that a good international brand has had this level of callousness.

Hope you have better experiences in the days and months to come.

Fair winds, following seas and God speed

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 18:54   #139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Hey man, It's been a year since the last update. How's it doing? Hopefully well behaved? or has it been sold off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post

Hope you have better experiences in the days and months to come.

Fair winds, following seas and God speed

Cheers
Rajain
Hey guys, sorry I missed these updates.

Good news is that the car has been running ok since then, with only a regular service and a/c coolant refilling required so far. It is still a perfect car for their (parents) usage requirements - so it will continue duties for some more time. Thread has been inactive due to this.

Couple of recent pictures:

Good things come in small packages - Our Hyundai Xcent SX(O) AT a.k.a Delicate Darling!-20230730_205446.jpg

Good things come in small packages - Our Hyundai Xcent SX(O) AT a.k.a Delicate Darling!-20230704_071817.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th September 2023 at 18:56.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 19:55   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Gearbox getting stuck in 3rd gear
Hi,

Can you pls let me know how the gearbox getting stuck in 3rd gear issue was fixed.
rageshgr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 20:24   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
Hi,

Can you pls let me know how the gearbox getting stuck in 3rd gear issue was fixed.
Ended up changing the ECM at a cost of ~33k. Has been running fine afterwards.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 11:10   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Ended up changing the ECM at a cost of ~33k. Has been running fine afterwards.
My 2014 Xcent AT is now facing the same issue. Exploring the options outside. if nothing works out then i have to take it to ASC. It's nearing 90K in Odo. Surprised that issue is popping this late in its life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks