Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2014, 18:04   #76
BHPian

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Just saw the Pajero India website. The 4x2 is getting launched on Nov 14 in New Delhi, followed by rest of India. Two visual differences I see in the new model pics:

1. The exterior grill has been replaced. I somehow seem to like the current one more, but thats just me.
2. The MID system seems to be a standard inclusion, in the center console. Although it does push down the current system a bit down - and if one is navigating using the GPS, one might have to look a little bit away from the road while looking at the GPS screen.

It will be interesting to see the pricing of the new AT model, as well as the new 4x4 model with these updates. I am eagerly awaiting the launch in Bangalore to TD the AT vehicle. Going by the website, it does seem like Mitsubishi is putting in some effort this time around to launch the vehicle.. wishing them all the best!
Old 14th November 2014, 00:02   #77
BHPian

Just curious to know how much of the Pajero Sport is actually made in India? Is it a CKD kit that comes in from a Mitsubishi global plant or does HM actually produce/source parts of this car in India?
Old 15th November 2014, 17:21   #78
BHPian

Pajero Sport AT launched at 23.55 lakhs ex showroom, while the new manual version is now available for 23.80 lakhs, all ex showroom new Delhi. The AT is 4x2 and has a peak power output of 175 HP and 350 Nm of peak torque (as opposed to 178 HP and 400 Nm in the 4x4 version)

http://www.newindianexpress.com/auto...cle2524804.ece

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABbaby View Post
Just curious to know how much of the Pajero Sport is actually made in India? Is it a CKD kit that comes in from a Mitsubishi global plant or does HM actually produce/source parts of this car in India?
The Pajero Sport manual and AT are all made from CKD kits from Mitsubishi Thailand, assembled in HMFCL's Tirupur plant. I don't think anything is made locally, except maybe for the Ganesha idol on the dashboard!
anshuman_v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 10:07   #79
BHPian

General updates (not specific to my vehicle):

1. Saw the Pajero Sport Automatic ad on the last page of the Economic times today.
2. A new dealership is coming up near Hebbal (also reported by Sharpshooter) in Bangalore
3. The Pajero Sport automatic is generating a good number of showroom visits at least in Bangalore

Overall, all steps in the right direction for sure!
Old 28th November 2014, 12:17   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Anshuman. The core vehicle is imported, bit there is some localisation. This is how the price was reduced slightly from the original launch.
Old 29th November 2014, 11:00   #81
BHPian

I believe the windshield, windows mirrors etc are localised.
Old 30th November 2014, 11:40   #82
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
The Pajero Sport manual and AT are all made from CKD kits from Mitsubishi Thailand, assembled in HMFCL's Tirupur plant.
The plant is at Tiruvallur, not Tirupur. Tirupur is famous for banians and underwear.
Quote:
2. A new dealership is coming up near Hebbal (also reported by Sharpshooter) in Bangalore
This is owned by Urs Cars, the Tata Motors dealer at Mysore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Anshuman. The core vehicle is imported, bit there is some localisation. This is how the price was reduced slightly from the original launch.
The price reduction was NOT due to localisation but because of the CKD kits coming in place of CBU vehicles thereby attracting lower import duties.

The localisation at the moment is limited to:

1. Tires.
2. Battery.
3. All glasses except the mirrors.
4. Oils and greases.
n.devdath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 17:38   #83
BHPian

Hi anshuman_v

First up congratulations on your ride (though I am late) and hope you have a hassle free & enjoyable ownership.

How is your ride holding up thus far? Any visits to the service center yet for regular / periodic maintenance?
do share your experience as this would be very useful information.

Thanks

Note from Support - Please do not type in bold font.

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd December 2014 at 19:14.
anvara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 20:13   #84
BHPian

@Anshuman_v- I found this thread and your update very useful to convince myself that PS is the vehicle to buy. And my experience echoes pretty much what you have written.
asinghal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 15:02   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hi 4x4, as Dev has also pointed out and as I noted in my initial posts in this thread - the price reduced when the vehicle started being assembled in India, from the CKD kit. While they should have done this from the start itself, but at least they did do it finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The plant is at Tiruvallur, not Tirupur. Tirupur is famous for banians and underwear.
Thanks, Dev. My bad on the oversight. It would be fun trying to shop for a Pajero Sport in Tirupur for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvara View Post
Hi anshuman_v

First up congratulations on your ride (though I am late) and hope you have a hassle free & enjoyable ownership.

How is your ride holding up thus far? Any visits to the service center yet for regular / periodic maintenance?
do share your experience as this would be very useful information.

Thanks

Note from Support - Please do not type in bold font.
Thanks, Anvara. The ride is very satisfying and superlative. I have had it since mid September, so almost three months now. Have had the first servicing (which is nothing but a vehicle inspection, and they did make the clutch a little easier) done and have taken a couple of highway trips. All experiences are noted in this thread. I do intend to keep updating this thread with any salient info; and Dev and Sh@rpshooter, and Satpalsharma - all of them keep contributing. We will continue of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asinghal View Post
@Anshuman_v- I found this thread and your update very useful to convince myself that PS is the vehicle to buy. And my experience echoes pretty much what you have written.
Thanks, asinghal. Welcome to the Pajero Sports club - you will just love it here!

Last edited by anshuman_v : 4th December 2014 at 15:04.
Old 4th December 2014, 15:27   #86
BHPian

Thank you anshuman_v

Look forward to these updates as these would be helpful in making the final decision of swinging towards the Pajero Sport as opposed to the Fortuner.

@mods - apologies for the bold fonts. Oversight on my part.
Old 4th December 2014, 20:52   #87
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks, Anvara. The ride is very satisfying and superlative. I have had it since mid September, so almost three months now. Have had the first servicing (which is nothing but a vehicle inspection, and they did make the clutch a little easier) done and have taken a couple of highway trips.

Thanks, asinghal. Welcome to the Pajero Sports club - you will just love it here!
Thanks anshuman_v. I think I asked this question in other thread as well. Did you use the car in the 4H mode when driving on highways. Is there an upper limit on using 4H on dry pavement? I know switching between 2H and 4H is to be done at less than 100kmph.
Old 5th December 2014, 09:51   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asinghal View Post
Thanks anshuman_v. I think I asked this question in other thread as well. Did you use the car in the 4H mode when driving on highways. Is there an upper limit on using 4H on dry pavement? I know switching between 2H and 4H is to be done at less than 100kmph.
Yes, I have driven in 4H mode on the highways when it was raining and slushy, and it did add to the stability. There is no upper speed limit to driving in 4H. You only have to engage it below 100 kph. As a rough thumb-rule for the different modes:
  • 2H: Normal city driving, normal highway drives
  • 4H: Highway driving, specially while raining, or wet roads after rains
  • 4HLc: Sandy area, loose gravel. Has to be engaged before start. Should not be used on normal roads.
  • 4LLc: Used for steep climbs upwards of 30 degrees ascent, or absolute slush. Again, should not be used on normal roads, can damage the vehicle if so.

Thankfully, there is a nice handy pic posted on the driver door inside with this information, and I reproduce it here.
Attached Thumbnails
My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-img_20141004_090101_opt.jpg  

Last edited by anshuman_v : 5th December 2014 at 09:56.
Old 5th December 2014, 09:55   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I have driven in 4H mode on the highways when it was raining and slushy, and it did add to the stability. There is no upper speed limit to driving in 4H. You only have to engage it below 100 kph. As a rough thumb-rule for the difference modes:
Thanks @anshuman_v. I have been stuck and not been able to drive it on the highway yet. Hopefully end of this month- will be able to try it out.
Old 5th December 2014, 10:04   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvara View Post
Thank you anshuman_v

Look forward to these updates as these would be helpful in making the final decision of swinging towards the Pajero Sport as opposed to the Fortuner.

@mods - apologies for the bold fonts. Oversight on my part.
Mate, if you need this comparison, there are some very objective comparisons out there.

In a nutshell - the Pajero Sport is a better stand alone product. More composed driving, excellent ergonomics and superior interiors and comfort. It is hit by thin dealer network (which shows signs of picking up, if you see the traffic in the forums). The Fortuner is a very capable vehicle again, bullet proof reliability - and backed by an excellent service network. It does not boast the same comfortable ride and has known issues in braking. And there in lies your tradeoff.

Read up this thread, for an objective comparison, at a sister forum: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...s-crossed.html
anshuman_v is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed