Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2015, 07:26   #61
BHPian

Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

I have done about 5.5 kms in 5 months. A figure I am not boasting about, but just an FYI. It was the same with my swift with around 12-14k kms per Annum. This called for the 2nd Free Servicing. Points to mention.

1. I have started exploring the various other bands of RPM and it's reasonable at the 3-4 RPM band. I have gone upto to 5K for a short run.

2. Brakes behaves well. I simulated an emergency breaking (cannot be as real as a real situation), and it stopped without any circus. Straight line.

3. Maruti scores on keeping customers happy. This extends to tying up with vendors and providing things at a reasonable cost to the customer. I forgot to mention it in my last servicing details. Engine oil. Shell Fully Synthetic which needs a change every 10k kms is available for 1.3K INR for 3.5 ltrs which used to cost me 1.5K/ltr for my swift. Engine oil change is not required for the first 10K kms but I changed it at 1000 and 5000 kms because of the new engine. Not sure if it makes that much of a difference, but definitely do not want to look back and say, should have changed.

4. I recently attended a team-bhp meet with GTs, Skodas etc all around me. Thanks to the bad roads, I could keep up well with them, but it's a long drive where you realize, it lacks the punch. You really have to keep it in low gears and rev up to get the juice out of it. Yes, this is a Rev happy engine and has no qualms in revving up all the way to 5K RPM. Does it smoothly. Thank goodness, I never even considered the "Got BHP?" sticker for the car as in a meet like this with such cars, all it would mean is, "Got BHP?", I need some !!

5. We drove through some really bad roads over the trip and the shockers took it really well but you do not feel that confident at high speeds, taking turns with that kind of setup. So yes, if it's a 1.6 coming soon, they should really re-look at the stiffer shocker setup.

6. Ground clearance is quite good although if the car is fully loaded, you have to go easy on humps else the soft suspension can make the underbelly scrape. I had one instance of it, a mild scrape, and had to patch up the under body with the 3M coating. Thankfully the service center I visit, Suraksha has a dedicated 3M guy who did it for free after the general servicing was over.

7. Mileage is still hovering around 14km/ltr within city. I keep it in the real time mileage mode at times to see how the driving style effects mileage. Heavy on the foot and it drops to 5km/ltr and goes all the way to 30km/ltr on more sane driving styles.

While servicing I met 2 other tBhpians who are in Surakasha because of the feedback they read in teamBhp about them. They are thoroughly happy. They bought cars from other prominent dealers, bad experience, read tBhp and then moved to Suraksha since then. Happy ever after. I go to the Bommanahalli one and it's quite nice.

a) You can walk up to your car and see whats happening. They do not shy away and hide your car for fitting the nuke which nobody should know about.

b) There can always be issues, but if they find them or are told about them, they make sure they rectify it ASAP to your satisfaction.

c) Service manager Lokesh has customers whom he quotes friends since 17 years. I met one of them in this servicing and he was talking about his Marutis and his experience in Suraksha.

d) It's a 24X7 service center. You can find them available anytime.

I am happy with the Ciaz primarily because I knew what I was buying. A sedated car which actually feels like an upgrade backed by a good service network. Expectations set right, things look good !

Last edited by Eddy : 12th June 2015 at 09:07. Reason: Spacing for better readability
abhisheksircar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 21:16   #62
BHPian

And the first issue at 6300 kms on board. Not a major issue but still something that needs replacement.

The windscreen washer pump was not throwing out the water in full pressure, not strong enough to cover the windscreen. Further investigation resulted in the conclusion that the Windscreen Washer pump is weak. A fresh one is ordered and should be here in 2 weeks or so.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 03:02   #63
BHPian

Hi All,

I've been following this thread for the last month and a half now. I too will soon be the owner of a black Ciaz ZXI. I could be one as early as later today (i.e. Friday) if not for my mum's superstitions .

I think the Ciaz is the rational choice in the C Segment. Value for money, great looks, and reliable.

Anyway, I've bought mine from Pratham Motors in Bellandur, Bangalore (i.e. the one opposite RMZ ecospace). I had a fairly pleasant experience. I first walked in to the showroom in early May. Made a few more trips and took a few more test drives and finally paid a partial booking amount on the 15th of May. I managed to hand over the required documents (for loan approvals) only by the 20th of June (There's a new IT return form for AY 2015-16). Between the 15th of May and the 26th of June, I had changed the colour of my car (from the original black) to grey and then to black again. All the while, Mr. Sriram (the person in charge there) was really patient with me.

FYI future Ciaz owners, black is not a very commonly purchased colour hence it takes more time to deliver. While they promise delivery of the black car in 25 days, I would have got delivery of the grey colour within 4 days. However, in my case I got the black car in 15 days (considering I changed the colour back to black on the 26th of June).

In the accessories department, I'm getting (i) sporty pedals; (ii) interior styling kit (i.e. matching wood panels on the door armrest); (iii) door sill guard with illumination; (iv) under chassis coating; and (v) paint protective coating. Got a pretty good deal on these .

As regards the coatings, the under chassis coating in not the 3M one that Abhishek got. Can't quite remember the brand, but apparently the one I'm getting has a 10 year warranty as opposed to the 5 year warranty offered by 3M. I hope I made a good choice here, but then again can't really be choosy when it comes to a freebie.

Well that's all I have to share as of now folks. Will be uploading pics and delivery day experience on the 15th.
Old 14th July 2015, 14:08   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
I've been following this thread for the last month and a half now. I too will soon be the owner of a black Ciaz ZXI. I could be one as early as later today (i.e. Friday)

I think the Ciaz is the rational choice in the C Segment. Value for money, great looks, and reliable.

Well that's all I have to share as of now folks. Will be uploading pics and delivery day experience on the 15th.
Congratulations. This wait period makes you quite anxious ! Hope you did the PDI by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
And the first issue at 6300 kms on board. Not a major issue but still something that needs replacement.
The part came in 10 days approx. It didn't take much time for them to install it. The only blooper that happened was that I got charged for it. It was 250 INR. In short, the service engineer placed the order by forgot to mention that it was to be covered under warranty which requires a separate authorization. The said, they can still make it free when I reached there, although it will take a little while to get the required permissions. I had no patience to wait for another 8-10 days and hence went ahead with the installation.

As of now, the wiper pump is working fine. The water spray with the actual pressure was going everywhere which was then aligned properly by the mechanic and all good now.
Old 17th July 2015, 17:02   #65
BHPian

Hi All,

Finally got my hands on a black ZXI. A few pics for now, in the process of compiling a review.
Attached Thumbnails
Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-front-full-size.jpg  

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-rear-end.jpg  

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-front-sill-guard.jpg  

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-engine-bay.jpg  

Jeevith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 19:53   #66
BHPian

Hearty Congratulations. Looks nice. Get ready with all kinds of three stage protection in your house to keep it in pristine shape.

Do try out the 3M Nomad mats. Of all accessories I put in mine, that's the best of the lot. I am sure you will not regret the buy.
Old 18th July 2015, 04:36   #67
BHPian

Quote:

Do try out the 3M Nomad mats. Of all accessories I put in mine, that's the best of the lot. I am sure you will not regret the buy.
Thanks Abhishek,

Completely agree, your 3M mats are what caught my eye the most. All the more now, because the stock mats (the black ones) have already accumulated a lot of dirt in the driver side and the dirt is all the more visible on the black mats.

On a related note, I have a watchman who used to wash my earlier car everyday. Is it a bad idea to wash the car (with the car shampoo and all) everyday? Or am I better off getting him to just water wash only? Or rather still, just dusting everyday and shampoo wash once a week or something?

As in, is there a downside to shampoo washing or water washing the car on a daily basis?
Old 19th July 2015, 23:00   #68
BHPian

Quote:
On a related note, I have a watchman who used to wash my earlier car everyday. Is it a bad idea to wash the car (with the car shampoo and all) everyday? Or am I better off getting him to just water wash only? Or rather still, just dusting everyday and shampoo wash once a week or something?
Daily washing of any sort is not recommended cause however careful we are, we end up with fine scratches every time we wash the car. I wash it twice a week with a lot of Meguiars NXT car wash shampoo. Definitely not just with water. Always use microfiber cloth. And for mild dust, keep a Japasu duster handy. Just make sure you don't press the duster onto the body but just float it over. It picks up all dry fine dust.

3M mats. Once you start using them, you will never look back on those black mats. Trust me on that.

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 19th July 2015 at 23:04.
Old 19th July 2015, 23:07   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As in, is there a downside to shampoo washing or water washing the car on a daily basis?
Hi Jeevith, all your questions are answered here
Old 21st July 2015, 10:17   #70
BHPian

Do you have any rattling issues?

I have been hearing a vibrating sound from the left dashboard which the service guys are not able to figure out what to do.

Last weekend drove through heavy rain and since then I am getting odd noise from the boot/under chassis when I start and stop the car.

Irritated with the quality of Maruti, after spending 12lakhs I did not expect this.
Old 27th July 2015, 14:04   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
This whole weekend I drove the car with no music and all to focus on rattling sounds alone in the car to answer to your question. I drove within Bangalore only, hence manageable city road conditions. First round and I did pick up some noise which later on turned out to be things within various compartments clicking together to make some noise. Else the car drove without any rattling issues. There is a slight squeek from the glove compartment when the roads are quite bad.

Quote:
Last weekend drove through heavy rain and since then I am getting odd noise from the boot/under chassis when I start and stop the car.
After a proper wash, I get a squeeking sound from the brakes when I break but once it dries up, it's all good.

Away from the previous discussions; after every wash of my car properly, I find some very fine scratch here or there. I don't know how to protect my car from traffic and lack of common sense. People just brush along the car like no ones business. The other day a bike squeezed itself between my car and the front car and managed to leave a mark on the lower side of the bumper. Dark color is indeed not an easy color to maintain. Realized within 6 months. All my efforts of washing, waxing etc goes for a toss, when a lady with an overfilled jute back just brushes past the car body cause she could not otherwise squeeze in. God save my car !

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 27th July 2015 at 14:17. Reason: Few additional texts added.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 13:49   #72

Hi, I own the ciaz in the vxi+ trim. I have a subtle rattling/vibrating sound from the front left hand side of the dashboard . It is only audible when the music system is completely turned off. I suspect it's from the window panel but can't pinpoint for sure. The car has run around 800Kms and i want to get this rectified with the first service. Can anybody please help!
Old 30th July 2015, 18:32   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedDemon1293 View Post
I have a subtle rattling/vibrating sound from the front left hand side of the dashboard
Quote:

I have been hearing a vibrating sound from the left dashboard which the service guys are not able to figure out what to do.
Quote:
There is a slight squeek from the glove compartment when the roads are quite bad.
Guys, I just completed my first service. Was a little late in getting it done (1350 km). Pratham Motors let me watch the entire service (partly because I took the car in 7 30 am, and partly because I asked nicely I guess ). But yea, coming to the point, I noticed him taping the hinge/lock/shank of the bonnet. Upon inquiry he told me that the taping was to remove "ratling noises". This may or may not be the same issues you guys are facing, but worth sharing I guess.

Quote:
Away from the previous discussions; after every wash of my car properly, I find some very fine scratch here or there.............. God save my car !
I feel you bro!
Jeevith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 20:57   #74

Quote:
Guys, I just completed my first service.
====
I feel you bro!
The rattles are from inside the car. To make matters worse i just figured that the bonnet isn't opening. . How does this even happen with a new car!
Old 2nd August 2015, 12:56   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedDemon1293 View Post
The rattles are from inside the car. To make matters worse i just figured that the bonnet isn't opening. . How does this even happen with a new car!
Bonnet not opening ? Did the issues get resolved ?

Most Viewed