Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2015, 08:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My W222 Mercedes S-Class (S350 CDI)

Congratulations on buying an astounding car! An S-class in black is my all-time dream car to have.

Do go ahead and change over to the S500 bumper. That takes the aesthetics of that rear end up a few notches.

I am not sure if the German trio offer a 'badge delete' option from the factory in India, but it sure is popular in Germany. There are rarely any big cars with model names (just the emblem in the middle). They like the clean look and also, badges are magnets to vandals for some reason. Do go ahead and de-badge the rear. It is not as if a W222 S class is going to be mistaken for anything else. And in any case, those in the know, will know.

I am not sure if my eyes are playing tricks, but those new alloys would look much better with the Mercedes hub caps on. I hope you will be fixing them soon. IMHO though, the wheels on the S500 look even better.

Wish you a long and trouble-free experience on this continent crusher!!
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 10:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy, appreciate the fact that you didn't compromise on the looks and got the better looking alloys. I get to see an S350 with the original alloys regularly and it ruins the look of the car, sort of like wearing running shoes with a suit.

Give us a few more pics.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 11:15   #18
BHPian

Congrats Sahil! That's a wonderful looking car.

Just wanted to bring it to your attention: the second or third picture of your car with the protective white wrap on the bonnet, does not appear to have been pasted very well and is wrinkled in certain areas. If water has been sitting trapped inside those air gaps, it may cause clear coat damage when removing the wrap. Please make sure you check the bonnet for this soon so if required you can claim warranty.
Lakshman1645 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 11:33   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you all for the appreciation!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
did you not tried to return these back to Dealer
I did but they flatly refused. Tried with both dealers here- Autohangar and Shaman. I got the alloys from Shaman as I found their parts/accessories team a lot more responsive and cooperative.
You bet MB has winners in all segments besides the E and I feel this is bringing a sense of arrogance into their dealers too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Mercedes still doesn't have the service packages like BMW or Audi right? Even Jaguar doesn't have it I believe.
They all do now. I have mentioned the MB service pack pricing for the S in my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post

A question on the sound system. I was under the impression that the S500 gets the Burmester system with the S350 getting the Bang & Olufsen system. Curious to know which system does the S500 get now that you have mentioned it gets a better system than the Burmester system in the S350.
Nope there is no B&O option even internationally I believe. In India both the S350 & S500 CKD come with Burmester 13 speaker surround version. The launch edition S500 came with 24 speaker high-end 3D sound system.
You can find more details here: http://www.burmester.de/en/Company/B...-Benz-S-Class/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post

I am not sure if my eyes are playing tricks, but those new alloys would look much better with the Mercedes hub caps on. I hope you will be fixing them soon.
The hub caps are on, check out the rear side profile pic I put. The front end side profile pic was right before I put the hub caps on hence you don't see them.
Infact I was planning to order these hub caps:
My W222 Mercedes S-Class (S350 CDI)-415otfykljl.jpg
Not sure how much of a difference they will really make. The ones I have now have the blue crest around them. These optional ones are the ones fitted on the pics of the rims that I put up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
. I get to see an S350 with the original alloys regularly and it ruins the look of the car, sort of like wearing running shoes with a suit.
You hit the nail on the head!! Could NOT have put it in better words!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshman1645 View Post
If water has been sitting trapped inside those air gaps, it may cause clear coat damage when removing the wrap. Please make sure you check the bonnet for this soon so if required you can claim warranty.
Fortunately nothing of the sort. They polish the car during the PDI when the stickers are taken off so probably any residue that may be left is removed completely.

Last edited by Sahil : 19th June 2015 at 11:53.
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 13:40   #20
BHPian

Sahil, congratulations. What I know of the S class is that its an aspirational car for many of the well heeled people. Our family would love to own one someday. You really seem like an aficionado with the detailing and the very apt modifications. Keep the passion going mate, and keep us posted with lots of updates! All the best.
anshuman_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 14:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

They all do now. I have mentioned the MB service pack pricing for the S in my post.
Sorry, my bad. Just missed that line. Is it as comprehensive as the BMW?
My friend planned to buy the S class for his Tourism fleet and I told him about the change of alloys which he wants to do as well. Do let me know the cost if you can.
Old 19th June 2015, 15:27   #22
BHPian

Congratulations !! Truly the best of the best and punches way above its weight class. Good choice on the wheels and rear bumper, the former being an eye sore for sure !

Quick question, do dealers allow you to spec the car with options you want/don't want or does it come pre decided ? I only ask because i was put off with the dealer attitude when we made an enquiry for an ML. (not a launch edition)
Ash_vtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 16:08   #23
BHPian

Sahil, congratulations on buying the best luxo-barge in the market or what it is usually called; The Chariot of Gods. I have seen it in white a couple of times and I thought white was the best color but it looks even better in black.

BTW, the W222 comes with the swipe-your-foot-under-the-boot-to-open-it feature right? Quite a party trick it is Please post a video of the same if you can.

The ambient lighting gives the interior of the car a proper "Vegas-style limousine" feel. Wish you many happy miles with your mighty S!

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 16:43   #24
BHPian

Congratulations Sahil and Best wishes for you and your new Merc.
As most of us agree , The New S is the big daddy and I can firmly vouch for it as I have was an ex-employee of DAIMLER. Been in Stuttgart and personally seen the amount of dedication and love they pour into the making of this beauty. You have made a splendid choice.
Rover2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 06:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on owning one of the finest machines ever made!

I am go glad you got a black instead of white. Some truly tasteful mods with those S500 alloys and the plan for rear bumper. And yeah, just keep the three pointed star at the rear as others have mentioned. The rear will look even better.

And please post some more pictures of this gorgeous S.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 15:33   #26
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

CongratS Sahil on buying the beSt car "in the world"! I am happy you went in for the black color and not any of the lighter colors. Looks full gangsta! If it is legally possible to install sunfilms - please do so and as GTO mentioned, it will look amazing.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 16:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
.. If it is legally possible to install sunfilms...
In March 2013, the Honourable Supreme Court put a blanket ban on usage of tints or any visual light transmission (VLT) accessory (except the OEM tints) that would reduce occupant visibility from outside.

Even if the films on the car were legal earlier (70% VLT for Front & 50% for side glass), they are illegal now. I was fined Rs. 1000 by Gurgaon police based on this ruling. My sunfilms were law compliant when they were installed, but law itself was changed. Total wasted cost 18k approx. (17k for films + 1k for fine)

Now Sahil has two options : to approach Home Ministry for special permission to use sunfilms or apply for 'Z+ security cover' which allows use of sunfilms.
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 20:01   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Sahil. Hope Mercedes will serve you well this time. The front looks great, the rear is yet to grow on me. Interiors are a huge step up from w221 (feels like they skipped one or two iterations).

I hope you don't debadge (or worse up-badge). There is some respect when higher-spec (like AMG) cars are debadged to look sleeper but in all other cases it doesn't do any good. Especially in India, a debadge is always considered a lower spec.
androdev is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 11:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sahil on getting the best Luxury Sedan in the world. You truly have a very envious garage. Do keep it up

All black with black tints will look killer on your S , hope you can work something out with your local cops.

Don't think you really need to de-badge as the 350 itself is already exclusive enough.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 22:56   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Sahil, warm congratulations on your new purchase. Please give us an update periodically on how the car is performing, what the issues are (hopefully none) and the experience of dealing with the Mercedes dealer/service centre. Best wishes, Narayan
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks