Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2016, 09:51   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My W222 Mercedes S-Class (S350 CDI)

That voice amplification feature is very clever. It doesn't matter if it is useful or not but you have to give credit to Mercedes folks for having thought of that.
androdev is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 11:19   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
That voice amplification feature is very clever. It doesn't matter if it is useful or not but you have to give credit to Mercedes folks for having thought of that.
It is actually VERY useful. Full credit to them, I am not sure if other rivals have played catch up to this?

Out of all the "class leading" features the new S has, this has probably been one of the most impressive for me. It's the small things that really count after all. Just like the soft close doors were a small yet impressive feature introduced in the previous generation S and carried forward to this new one.

You get accustomed to these features unconsciously. I was in London last month and ordered an Uber which turned out to be a previous gen S. Once I sat, I closed the doors very lightly to let the soft close feature do it's work as I am used to doing this in my car. The Uber driver promptly smiled and said "I got the base version S mate, no soft close doors unfortunately." In that moment I had not even realized I didn't bang shut the door as I normally do in every other car other than the S. This again comes back to the S charisma, it commands your respect to the treated well.
Sahil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 19:11   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
It is actually VERY useful. Full credit to them, I am not sure if other rivals have played catch up to this?

Out of all the "class leading" features the new S has, this has probably been one of the most impressive for me. It's the small things that really count after all. Just like the soft close doors were a small yet impressive feature introduced in the previous generation S and carried forward to this new one.

You get accustomed to these features unconsciously. I was in London last month and ordered an Uber which turned out to be a previous gen S. Once I sat, I closed the doors very lightly to let the soft close feature do it's work as I am used to doing this in my car. The Uber driver promptly smiled and said "I got the base version S mate, no soft close doors unfortunately." In that moment I had not even realized I didn't bang shut the door as I normally do in every other car other than the S. This again comes back to the S charisma, it commands your respect to the treated well.
My friend checked with the service center here to get the same done but it seems they are unaware of such update. Can you share some more details or PM your chassis no so that we can check the same with Rajshree Motors?
Old 1st July 2016, 09:40   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
My friend checked with the service center here to get the same done but it seems they are unaware of such update. Can you share some more details or PM your chassis no so that we can check the same with Rajshree Motors?
These aren't any updates, they are standard features on every w222 new S class.
Old 23rd November 2016, 19:41   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

One and a half year on, 14,000 kms up and all 4 brake pads need replacement, total damage= 36k parts +6k labour=42k

Given the low mileage on the car I find the wearing out to be rather premature and have asked the service center to escalate the matter to MBIL and request for support.

Moreover, my left front tyre wall edge is beginning to show signs of excessive wearing out of the thread. While driving the car does not seem to have any balancing or alignment pulling to one side issues however the service center says that is the culprit.
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 22:27   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One and a half year on, 14,000 kms up and all 4 brake pads need replacement,
Have you not bought star pack and warranty? Can you still buy a pack before you pay for the repairs or get car serviced?
Old 24th November 2016, 00:57   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Have you not bought star pack and warranty? Can you still buy a pack before you pay for the repairs or get car serviced?
No I didn't buy it because it didn't seem viable compared to what it covered for the price.
I think you can only buy the pack only before the first service is completed, mine got done 6 months ago.
Old 27th November 2016, 16:15   #83
BHPian

Brake pad replacement at under 15,000 KM is premature unless you are an aggressive driver .. should last at least 25,000 KM .. sure the service centre has not made you change these earlier than required ?
Old 28th November 2016, 14:52   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msudhir View Post
Brake pad replacement at under 15,000 KM is premature unless you are an aggressive driver .. should last at least 25,000 KM .. sure the service centre has not made you change these earlier than required ?
It seems to be a Mercedes thing. A friend's new C220 CDI needs new brake pads in 20Kkm, and from what I know of him - he is your average driver (read: not aggressive).
The pads have a sensor in them that throws an error on the MID as they get worn out.
lamborghini is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 14:52   #85
GTO
Team-BHP Support

How many km up Sahil? How's the reliability been? Someone close is considering the S-Class, so additional information would help. Thanks!
Old 5th June 2017, 16:15   #86
BHPian

I have done 32,000 on my E and the pads are good enough for another 5,000 Kms for sure. It all depends on the driving style and also on the delaer ..
Old 5th June 2017, 19:28   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
How many km up Sahil? How's the reliability been? Someone close is considering the S-Class, so additional information would help. Thanks!
Just finished the second service B. Total damage was about 78k but thanks to the generous service discount offered this time I got lucky and paid only 50k.

No real complaints as such. There was some hint of rattle/squeak coming from the rear seats which I think has been addressed in this service as I complained about it.
Sahil is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 20:25   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Someone close is considering the S-Class, so additional information would help
They have updated 2017 Model Year mildly, you now get extended thigh support on the rear like they give on Maybach besides it now get 360 Degree surround camera as well night vision & living objects are highlighted. Currently, ex-showroom in Delhi is around 1,23 and discounts are about 5-6 Lac. There are few 2016 Model Years with MB India which are being discounted around 10-12 Lac. But you can expect little higher in Mumbai. Local dealers here in North are generally lousy.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 20:49   #89
BHPian

Amazing review! How are you enjoying the ownership of your S350?

We have one that was purchased around the same time as yours, and guess what? It's black too! I must say those rims and the rear bumper really enhance the look, as the standard 18 inchers are just awful. I'm considering swapping the alloys out myself.

Any idea on whether Mercedes can source the black AMG alloys? And what did you do with the older rims, did they buy them back or do you still have them? Lastly, did you source the rear bumper from Mercedes themselves?
Old 21st August 2017, 18:52   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
Amazing review! How are you enjoying the ownership of your S350?

We have one that was purchased around the same time as yours, and guess what? It's black too! I must say those rims and the rear bumper really enhance the look, as the standard 18 inchers are just awful. I'm considering swapping the alloys out myself.

Any idea on whether Mercedes can source the black AMG alloys? And what did you do with the older rims, did they buy them back or do you still have them? Lastly, did you source the rear bumper from Mercedes themselves?
Regret the delay in reply, didn't check this thread for a while.

I sold my old rims on OLX for half the price of what I paid for the Maybach rims

Rear bumper is OEM from a friend's S500. He put an AMG kit as soon as he got and was getting rid this. So i got lucky.

Speak to Shantanu at Shaman MB Kurla workshop he handles the accessories/parts and will source your needs.
-———
In other news, car is doing fine. No major complaints besides the rear seat squeaking is back and extremely annoying that for the third time also they can't find a permanent solution!!

Last edited by Sahil : 21st August 2017 at 18:55.
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks