Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2015, 13:46   #91
BHPian

Re: My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha

Thanks sandygordon for the excellent review - gives a lot of information about the car and its drivability in KL locality

One question : do NEXA have a dedicated showroom in Cochin?
BaluJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 14:47   #92
BHPian

Yes there is. Its at pathadipalam near Kims hospital at edapally
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 16:58   #93
BHPian

Congratulations ! Sandeep

I am a bit late with the wishes, but have seen your car in person and it does look good.
My ride features in one of the snaps of your car, it is the silver XUV, beside your car, in the comparison picture. You will notice the team BHP stickers on the car as well..

happy riding
alphadog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 19:28   #94
BHPian

Great news! I just completed a long drive to Palakkad. With full aircon, got an incredible fuel efficiency of 22.03 kms! I didn't cross 100 or keep it at that for long. Mostly the speed was 80-90. First service will be done tomorrow at Trissur. Then another drive to cochin.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 20:24   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool_maverik View Post
Very nice pics. Am longing to do the drive to Munnar myself. Today did a drive from EKM to mundakayam. Some high range roads, car handled it with aplomb. Braking is solid too, instills confidence as you mentioned.
Thanks. Do drive to Munnar. It is an awesome experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
Awesome place is Munnar. In fact Forest Glade was our first choice when we were in Munnar two years back. Had to settle for Tall Trees (which was also awesome) as there were less rooms available in Forest Glade, we were a total of seven families travelling.
Forest glade is good. I would have loved some play area or garden. However the valley view rooms are really good and value for money as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Congratulations ! Sandeep
I am a bit late with the wishes, but have seen your car in person and it does look good. My ride features in one of the snaps of your car, it is the silver XUV, beside your car, in the comparison picture. You will notice the team BHP stickers on the car as well..
happy riding
Thank you sir.
XUV remains a dream. Dr BVM s having a good time with it. Yours being a 4X4 would be terrific I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Great news! I just completed a long drive to Palakkad. With full aircon, got an incredible fuel efficiency of 22.03 kms! I didn't cross 100 or keep it at that for long. Mostly the speed was 80-90. First service will be done tomorrow at Trissur. Then another drive to cochin.
100 to 120 kmph affects the FE really bad. I got 12-13 kmpl on a stretch of 100+ dash (slowing only at 'speed cams') on the Trichur-Cochin highway.

Shall be looking out for 'the blue beauty' on the roads.

Would love your inputs on detailing by 3M. Went to the Cochin 3M. The quoted 8k+ for the CR70 (28k for CR70 on all doors), 6k for the regular 3m RE 30.

I have decided to go ahead with the wax aka uv paint protection (7k) , underbody (4k+1.5k for silencer) and CR70 on the front windshield. Thinking of regular sunfilms (70) from garware on the side windows. Confused about Paint protection films though. Total cost: 21k (29k including paint protection film and 35k with RE30).
Old 12th October 2015, 22:34   #96
BHPian

The 3M Kochi brochure for the s cross 3m detailing
3/5offer
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-3-out-5-offer-maruti-scross-.jpg
If you avail 3of the 5 offers (including ppf worth 7.5k) you ll get 10% discount.
Some very expensive detailing

Can some one guide me regarding other options (other than 3m) for uv protection and antiglare film at Kochi?
Old 13th October 2015, 06:38   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
The 3M Kochi brochure for the s cross 3m detailing
3/5offer
Attachment 1426617
If you avail 3of the 5 offers (including ppf worth 7.5k) you ll get 10% discount.
Some very expensive detailing

Can some one guide me regarding other options (other than 3m) for uv protection and antiglare film at Kochi?
CR70 would be the best bet. Else, check out Garware at Kaloor but they sell the films as a kit so it's expensive.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 18:47   #98
BHPian

Hi Brown Hippo
You could also try VKOOL which is a US based product for the front glass area I am using it for the last 4 hrs on I20 and really helps in keeping the cabin cool as well as improve the AC effectiveness btw my lot I20 AC is quite puny
kkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 20:10   #99
BHPian

Crossed 4000km
Engine is smooth.Day after day I am getting used to the power and riding characterstics. Seems like I wont need a Remap/tuning box now. Milage is hovering around 16 kmpl inspite of wider tires. The Hankooks have not given me a problem yet (touch wood). My friends and relatives are appreciating its road presence.

I have already spent Rs 60 k on mods (Alloys, tyres and components). Potentially 70k more to spend to complete the 'dream package' !! Planning to do them step by step.

Cost breakup of upgrades planned. (70k )

1. 3M (Waxing + Underbody + PPF + CR70 on front windshield) - 28k
2. Spoiler + Illuminated white scuff plates - 10k
3. Pioneer amplifier + Damping of all doors - 16k
4. Wolf Remap vs RD Box (25k vs 20k)

With the audi q5
Maruti 'crossover' and the Audi 'SUV'
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-q51.jpg
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-q52.jpg

Quote:
Hi Brown Hippo
You could also try VKOOL which is a US based product
Thanks, Will try to find out a dealer.

Last edited by ampere : 21st October 2015 at 20:20. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 28th October 2015, 23:36   #100
BHPian

My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446055366.286506.jpg
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446055430.889827.jpg
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446055503.379845.jpg

4600km up
Old 29th October 2015, 15:35   #101
Senior - BHPian

I have been following your thread since day one. Great job keeping both the car and the thread so well updated.

I have also booked the 1.3 Zeta. However, I feel if the difference in the EMI is not going to be much, then I will upgrade to the Alpha variant. Frankly I want to upgrade just for the sheer class of the leather work inside the car. I don't think I will be able to match that finesse if I opt for it as an accessory later on. Great to see the FE figures.

Quite excited to get my hands on my own Hippo !
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 21:27   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaluJ View Post
Thanks sandygordon for the excellent review - gives a lot of information about the car and its drivability in KL locality

One question : do NEXA have a dedicated showroom in Cochin?
Quote:
Yes there is. Its at pathadipalam near Kims hospital at edapally
There's a new one that's opening up at:
https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

Saw 3 S-cross and a ray-blue colored Baleno at the showroom. Is bigger than the one at Pathadipalam.
Old 30th October 2015, 11:27   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
There's a new one that's opening up at:
https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

Saw 3 S-cross and a ray-blue colored Baleno at the showroom. Is bigger than the one at Pathadipalam.
The one near Pathadipalam KIMS is Sai Service Nexa. The new one is Nexa Popular. There is one coming up in Thrissur (Kokkalai). Lot of customers of S Cross are in Thrissur. Many had come to see my car when I took it to my in law s house there.

[quote] Quite excited to get my hands on my own Hippo ! [quote]
Congratulations

Last edited by sandygordon : 30th October 2015 at 11:36.
Old 4th November 2015, 22:11   #104
BHPian

Second Service @ 5000km

Competed 5000km in the first 70 days of ownership.
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-5000.jpg

No problems have cropped up yet.(Touch-wood)
My hippo rides well and sure does have a planted feel

Some points that impressed me

1. Hippo pulls well upto 140 kmph, can keep up with some Germans at triple digit speeds (sure, it takes more time to reach there. I am sure the 1.6 would keep up faster). Seriously thinking of a remap, not to improve the adequate performance, but to have some fun.

2. Ride quality over broken sections of road improves post 40 kmph. No Creta can iron out a wobbly road as good as the S cross. Duster would do it though.

3.The ergonomics are simply awesome. Tilt and telescoping steering with height adjust means I found out that sweet spot for the first time in my life. The door pad cushion now has a dimple, where I rest my elbow. Cruising is so effortless now. I would usually feel a lot more tired in the Dzire. (I don't use cruise control).

4.The AC is an absolute chiller. ACC is awesome. Rear passengers have not complained about the absence of rear ACC vents.

5.The engine sound is bit intrusive.(I wont call it NVH level) Diesel clatter is audible at lower and higher revs. Wish it had a bit more sound insulation like in the ecosport.

6. Gear slotting issues have improved post 2000 km. I now slot it well unless I am pushed. I think it is better after getting used to it.

7. Horn boss has softened up a bit. But honking that horn is still a stretch. I usually switch on the cruise button in the process.

Second service experience
It was really good. Drove the car to Nexa at Edapally.The SA was really nice. He finished the formalities in a breeze, explained the process and delivered the car in time. No issues to rectify were there this time. I opted for the rear spoiler and non illuminated scuff plates.

The rear spolier was ordered and painted in brown. Total cost Rs 5300 including installation.IMO the spoiler changes the look of the car. It changes the 'hatchback-look' rear to an 'SUV ish' rear. My SA told me that two customers who had come for first service ordered the spoiler after seeing it on the hippo (Not sure whether it was another Sai-SOAP). Attaching the picture of the 'enhanced' rear.

SPOILER - GENUINE ACCESSORY
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-spoiler-1.jpg
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-spoiler-2.jpg
sandygordon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 09:56   #105
Senior - BHPian

Re: Second Service @ 5000km

Quote:
Competed 5000km in the first 70 days of ownership.
Attachment 1435521

No problems have cropped up yet.(Touch-wood)
My hippo rides well and sure does have a planted feel
Thanks for sharing the report. It really helps.

The spoiler does look good and adds a wee bit sportiness to the stance of S Cross. 5300/- seems be a little on the higher side, but MGA stuff is known to be a little expensive compared to 3rd party parts. However, its better(safer) to get it from Maruti itself than others, so as to save any kind of pain in the future.

P.S.: Isn't the spoiler covering the stop light at the top of the rear windshield? From the last picture it does look like that.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 5th November 2015 at 09:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks