Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2019, 19:33   #241
BHPian

re: Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!

3 years were up with Celerio, which meant that it had to go back as it was on official car lease program.

With Celerio gone, a new car joins Ciaz as a replacement car lease vehicle.

Swift VXi AGS

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-2.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-1.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2019, 05:24   #242
BHPian

Hey sir,
Couldn't find Liqui-Moly here, bought Valvoline Injector cleaner. Wanted to try it out today but to my bad luck my dad got a full tank of petrol filled
Will get back to you on the results.
Cheers
Old 4th August 2019, 09:36   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Hey sir,
Couldn't find Liqui-Moly here, bought Valvoline Injector cleaner. Wanted to try it out today but to my bad luck my dad got a full tank of petrol filled
Will get back to you on the results.
Cheers
Isn't Valvoline required to be added to 30/35 liters of fuel ? Or you want to add it in concentrated form (in maybe reserve fuel left) ? I have been told by Liqui Molly people to add 250ml in next tankful of 40 liters or so.
Old 4th August 2019, 10:22   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Isn't Valvoline required to be added to 30/35 liters of fuel ? Or you want to add it in concentrated form (in maybe reserve fuel left) ? I have been told by Liqui Molly people to add 250ml in next tankful of 40 liters or so.
The guy at the store asked me to add it before I fill my tank up. Let's see.
Old 16th August 2019, 00:55   #245
BHPian

Took a trip to Udaipur, and it was a delight.

Roads were excellent, weather was awesome - felt like some remote hill station, cold and clouds, cool breeze blowing across. Never felt that I was in middle of Rajasthan !

Total kms driven - 1447
Diesel Spent both ways (tankful to tankful ) - 59.5 ltrs
Mileage - 24.31
(75% AC , speed in the range of 80 to 110 max )
Fuel Price in NCR - 64.74
Fuel Price in Udaipur - 70.98
Toll Tax One Way - 750rs

Following route was taken -

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-route.jpg

Left home at about 4:45 AM - wanted to cross Jaipur as soon as possible. It rained throughout the journey - sometimes light, sometimes heavy rain.

Road was clear, no potholes and with no traffic jam.

Notice 90km/hr speed with just 1800RPM - secret to awesome mileage.

Clear stretches of highway !

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-3.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-4.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-5.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-6.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-7.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-9.jpg

On reaching the farmhouse, its all dirty and full of mud -

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-10.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-11.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-12.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-13.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-14.jpg

On return, before filling the car up, added about 250ml of Liqui Molly Diesel Purge to the tank.

I was in doubt with regards to quantity as I received multiple options.

Liqui Molly customer care from Germany told me to use whole 500ml can in one tankful of 40ltrs.

Liqui Molly distributor from where I bought this can asked me to divide 500ml into three times, so about 160ml per 40 ltrs.

Directions at the back of can advises for 500ml in 75ltrs, roughly 250ml for 35 to 40 ltrs.

I have not driven extensively after adding this - just about 5 kms or so. Lets see if it makes a difference.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-15.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-16.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-17.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 17:42   #246

What are the effects of Liquid Molly?
Taneja I am on 40000 Km now, just wondering when to change the tires, have stock MRF ZVTV 185/65/R15 and planning for earth 1 195/60/R15.Did you change your tires? when is it due.
Old 9th September 2019, 13:39   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caradorer View Post
What are the effects of Liquid Molly?
Taneja I am on 40000 Km now, just wondering when to change the tires, have stock MRF ZVTV 185/65/R15 and planning for earth 1 195/60/R15.Did you change your tires? when is it due.
Liqui Molly has surely improved acceleration, the engine feels a lot more smooth. Can be placebo effect, but it feels a lot better than before.
Noise from the engine is a bit less - not much difference though. Moreover, this is very subjective - so in next refill will install an app in phone to measure the noise.

For tires, I have not yet changed mine - and looks like they still have a lot of tread left.

ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 11:39   #248
BHPian

75 refills done...good to have some stats !!

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-screenshot_20190912113705__01.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 20:40   #249
BHPian

Update !

All of a sudden, car's SHVS stopped working. Along with it noticed that "A Off" light kept blinking. Earlier, during the last 10/15 days had noticed that car was not switching off on being stationary - never thought much about it.

Following was the light which was blinking -

So, on coming back home, disconnected the negative terminal, waiting for couple of mins or so, and connected it back. Light was gone, and everything was normal for about 5/10 kms. And then it was back on, blinking.

I knew beforehand, that since its 4 years + 50K kms, its bound to be battery. Took it to service center, and had them run a diagnostic.
Surprisingly, battery health came out OK.

There was an error though on their console - which even after clearing came back after few starts.

Service Center summarized it that the SHVS is very sensitive to battery health, and any deviation would lead it to disable the SHVS Hybrid System - so even though the battery should last you about 2 to 6 months more, no one can be certain. And with coming winters, its more probable to give you trouble. They shared a tentative cost of Exide battery ( the same model and AH which is installed initially ) and asked me to look for options outside if they are at least 70AH or more.

On inquiring, Amron, SF and Exide Red had models - price was around 1500 to 2000 cheaper than MASS. And with a difference of just 2K after labour charges, went ahead and told the guys to change the battery. Surprisingly, the center did not pushed me even once to get it done from their end - contrary, they did the testing etc without even opening the job card.

New battery comes with 24 months standard + 24 months Pro Rata = 48 months warranty.

Price after old battery buy back = 8658 ( 500 for old battery )

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-4.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-5.jpg
Old 12th November 2019, 18:32   #250
BHPian

So, the car is about to complete 50,000 kms - with some time in hand, got the scheduled servicing done about 500 kms short of 10,000kms mark.

Who said maintaining diesel vehicles is costly ?!
Got a bill under 4K , though dropped a lot of optional items

Excluded these, even though was "recommended" by SA >
1. De-carbonation - probably an additiv.
2. Wheel balancing and alignment - did just rotation.
( FYI - My first car, which has NOT done wheel balancing and alignment even once - car do not move to any side, tread wear is not uneven too. Only go for Tyre rotation every 10K kms. )
3. Replacement of Coolent - color and consistency was OK. Manual also said every 20K.
4. No caliper pin / front brake assembly cleanup done - mine was replaced about 5k kms before only.

Car's ODO reading with regards to age of the car is going almost equal to what I had planned at the time of buying.
Plan to keep it for 8 to 9 years, and about 1 to 1.2L kms on ODO.

Old 24th December 2019, 13:30   #251
BHPian

Kind of late in posting!

Car completed 50K kms couple of weeks back - been driving Swiftie more than Ciaz in last month or so, daily usage has come down.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-img_20191214_113108_copy.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 25th December 2019 at 10:36. Reason: As requested
Old 27th June 2020, 15:37   #252
gus
BHPian

I Know I am late to the party, but I have been facing the calliper rattling problem since long on my Scross. The problem started after my scross clocked 20K kms and since then the problem had been on and off. I visited the service centre multiple times and got the following done by them
1) Greasing
2) Teflon taping on the calliper pins (as told by the service guy)
3) Change of calliper pins
4) Soldering and then shaping (on a lathe) (after this the problem went out for around 30k kms before reappearing again)
The service centre guys told me that the problem is inherent due to bad road conditions in India (I am in Kanpur) so if the problem again comes back then…..

In the mean time, the stock tyres on my Scross needed change and i wanted something which did not shout in my ears every time I was on the road. The stock tyres lasted me over 60k kms and could have gone further but for the noise, bumpy and uncomfortable ride.
After reading on TBHP forums and talking to the local Michelin dealer I decided to give michelin a try. Michelin The tyres were costly (appx 1500/tyre) compared to what the competition had to offer but I took the plunge any ways because of the following perceived strengths of the tyres :
1) Noiseless
2) Better grip
3) Better braking
4) Comfortable tyres (better shock absorption)

And let me Tell you I find that each and every penny spent was well worth it.

If you wondering how does it all connect then let me tell you that there has been No calliper noise since the tyre change.

The service guy told me that the calliper rattling noise mostly occurs when the car is driven over bad road and given the road conditions in India, this can hardly be avoided. Add to that, the Hard rubber compound stock tyres (which were there on the S-Cross) which have extremely poor shock absorption. All that combined together results in a very harsh ride.
From all these I deduced that may be, the problem started at the first place because of the poor set of stock tyres driven over poor roads which took its toll on the calliper and maybe changing the tyres at the beginning itself could have kept the problem at bay to some extent.
Of course the calliper noise could also be due to defective calliper assembly, style of driving or some other reason. This is solely an observation and I may be completely wrong but can others comment on this?
Old 27th June 2020, 15:45   #253
gus
BHPian

I Know I am late to the party, but I have been facing the calliper rattling issue since long on my Scross. The problem started after my scross clocked 20K kms and since then the problem had been on and off. I visited the service centre multiple times and got the following done by them
1) Greasing
2) Teflon taping on the calliper pins (as told by the service guy)
3) Change of calliper pins
4) Soldering and then shaping (on a lathe) (after this the problem went out for around 30k kms before reappearing again)
The service centre guys told me that the problem is inherent due to bad road conditions in India (I am in Kanpur) so if the problem again comes back then…..

In the mean time, the stock tyres on my Scross needed change and i wanted something which did not shout in my ears every time I was on the road. The stock tyres lasted me over 60k kms and could have gone further but for the noise, bumpy and uncomfortable ride.
After reading on TBHP forums and talking to the local Michelin dealer I decided to give michelin a try. Michelin The tyres were costly (appx 1500/tyre) compared to what the competition had to offer but I took the plunge any ways because of the following perceived strengths of the tyres :
1) Noiseless
2) Better grip
3) Better braking
4) Comfortable tyres (better shock absorption)

And let me Tell you I find that each and every penny spent was well worth it.

If you wondering how does it all connect then let me tell you that there has been No calliper noise since the tyre change.

The service guy told me that the calliper rattling noise mostly occurs when the car is driven over bad road and given the road conditions in India, this can hardly be avoided. Add to that, the Hard rubber compound stock tyres (which were there on the S-Cross) which have extremely poor shock absorption. All that combined together results in a very harsh ride.
From all these I deduced that may be, the problem started at the first place because of the poor set of stock tyres driven over poor roads which took its toll on the calliper and maybe changing the tyres at the beginning itself could have kept the problem at bay to some extent.
Of course the calliper noise could also be due to defective calliper assembly, style of driving or some other reason. This is solely an observation and I may be completely wrong but can others comment on this?
gus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 11:51   #254

Just touched 50000Km before lockdown and got the 2016 Ciaz ZDI serviced. Tried the last tankful of the BS4 Diesel after lockdown gave me an average of 24.4 Kmpl with 25% of the time at 120+ Kmph.
Tried BS6 diesel tankful with an 800 Km trip gave me an astounding average of 26.2 Kmpl of course with little toned down driving at 90-110 Kmph at 75% of the time.
The engine seems to be little quite with BS6, but the loss of power is very evident.
First 1000-1500Km after the service vehicle control is impeccable.
caradorer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 20:31   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
All of a sudden, car's SHVS stopped working. Along with it noticed that "A Off" light kept blinking. Earlier, during the last 10/15 days had noticed that car was not switching off on being stationary - never thought much about it.
Yeah, my Ciaz ZDI 2016, has completed 54000 Km it has ran less during the lockdown and the auto light kept blinking for a week. Now i have the option to get it checked whether its the fuse or the battery and then replace the battery.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th August 2020 at 06:46. Reason: Quoted text trimmed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks