Senior - BHPian

re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I will wait for your response for #3

Else, I will try sourcing a brand new whole unit to replace that module

2. The boot is closed without that fast action movement
Already on it.

But if you do order a new one, can you please post detailed pictures of insides and the connectors?

The boot - you mean fast opening action right? The solution for that is to add a little weight (about 500 gm) to the bottom of the lid. (A heavy magnet)

Last edited by samaspire : 18th January 2018 at 15:05. Reason: SMS language
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 15:14   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendation on brand of wires that I should use?
I would recommend using Finolex branded wires all the way.
https://www.amazon.in/Super-1415-Wir...p+relay+wiring
This is a less known but a very good brand and uses Finolex wires. I normally avoid going in for Philips or Hella, since i found the quality of wires to be substandard. Couple of years back, I had bought Roots headlamp relay wiring kit only to find the wires made in China.
P.S- I am using the horn relay and wiring made by the same brand in my SCross and one of my friend is using the above said Relay kit with 100/90 bulb on his Scross. He successfully completed a 7000km road trip without any issues.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 18th January 2018 at 15:22.
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2018, 12:12   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Finally, little disappointing to see this quality from Ford as this should not have happened in the first place even if my usage is bit high as I do a lot of calls from car and also using it for playing music (not the center button, though)
Same button popped out in my Figo Titanium+ three days ago. Details in this post
The ASC replaced the entire steering audio/telephony/Sync control panel as goodwill(normally it is not covered under warranty). You right though...it should not break and pop out like that.
skanchan95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2018, 00:49   #439
BANNED

I like the black alloys on your car. Just wanted to ask whether the paint is chipping from the alloys or any other problem faced by you due to the black paint on the alloys?
Old 20th May 2018, 12:01   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Same button popped out in my Figo Titanium+ three days ago. Details in this post
The ASC replaced the entire steering audio/telephony/Sync control panel as goodwill(normally it is not covered under warranty). You right though...it should not break and pop out like that.
Wonderful to know that. I will also get it replaced under goodwill warranty and if they deny, will show them your thread and will convince them

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil_burner View Post
I like the black alloys on your car. Just wanted to ask whether the paint is chipping from the alloys or any other problem faced by you due to the black paint on the alloys?
There is absolutely no chipping problem. The paint is pretty much intact and happy with the INR 300/- per tyre paint solution
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 11:14   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Due to a dealership connect and invitation from BHPi'an ecosportrules, I had the fortune of meeting the Ford India Managing Director & President (Anurag Mehrotra) over a cup of coffee at Starbucks last Thursday

It was just us 3 Team BHPians (Me, ecosportrules and Shifu) in a casual setting discussing various things related to Ford. It was an interesting and informative conversation where we understood the humongous efforts Ford is putting together to improve its brand image, service levels, safety equipment, customer perception etc

We got a deep insight about all of the above as well as some of their future plans (was shared in confidence by Anurag so will not be able to reveal that).

During this chat, I casually mentioned to him about the quality level and expressed my slight disappointment at the sync volume control button popping out and also mentioned this happened to another BHPian in Mysore (skanchan95) and he said he will look into it as it's not that common or atleast he has not heard of it as a rampant issue

True to his words, I started getting calls from very next day and some senior folks from Mody Ford were following up with me to understand the issue and also check their inventory if that part was available. And, they promised to fix this issue on Monday and was assured that they will come to my home and fix it at my doorstep

Yesterday (Sunday) afternoon, I received a call from Mr. Sanjeev Reddy (GM-Mody Ford) confirming it will be done the same day. That evening which happened to be a stormy and rainy evening, one of their technicians came home and replaced the part. It took the technician 30 minutes tops to remove the steering wheel component and put this new part back in

I was elated to see this service levels from Ford India and hope they continue this with every customer who buys their products and not just because I met the top boss

I texted Anurag to let him know of the resolution and he instantly replied back. Ford needs leaders like him to resurrect it back to get a chunk of glory they truly deserve

Some interesting trivia as shared by Anurag

--Ford SLA is typically averaging 15 minutes to respond to social media queries (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc)
--Ford Spare-parts are the cheapest in their respective segment compared to all their competitors as researched and published by AUTOCAR
--Ford body shell is stronger than any of it's competitor and Anurag was specific not to go by how the doors close as that is not the only way to assess build quality
--Ford will focus more on SUV/UV segment as that is where the entire world is moving towards

I'm in love with my Aspire (Best driver's car that I owned till date) and hope they continue to retain their Fun-To-Drive DNA and make even better cars in future
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-file3.jpeg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-file23.jpeg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-file13.jpeg  

mobike008 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 12:04   #442
BHPian

I just hope they carry the same commitment towards other customers as well. It was also remarkable that Mr. Anurag followed up with this issue so promptly. After reading few feedbacks of this button I use the buttons on the system itself more often to reduce the load ;-)
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 20:28   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

True to his words, I started getting calls from very next day and some senior folks from Mody Ford were following up with me to understand the issue and also check their inventory if that part was available. And, they promised to fix this issue on Monday and was assured that they will come to my home and fix it at my doorstep
It is so heart warming to see Mr Mehrotra taking personal interest in complaints and hope he takes Ford to greater heights.

One great thing that Ford did with the Freestyle launch was to incorporate feature additions in that car based on market feedback and I am sure the MD had a hand in it.

P.S. I am from Mangalore, not Mysore.
skanchan95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 09:39   #444
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys :

Last couple of days, I'm having a hard time connecting to SYNC to listen to music. I mean as soon as i enter the car, my iphone gets connected to SYNC and I'm able to listen to Radio/FM and make and receive calls via, SYNC

However, I'm unable to stream music from Amazon Prime Music to listen to music ( i use to listen regularly in recent past)

I tried as below but, it ain't helping :

Tried disconnecting the Bluetooth and reconnected
Unpaired the phone and paired it again

Just unable to get my music going...And, it is hard for me to drive without music

What could be wrong and resolutions please?
Old 12th June 2018, 09:51   #445
BHPian

May be the music app which you use got updated and hence the issues. Try a different app like Gaana etc to check and confirm that music streams normally. Disconnecting the battery terminal and reconnecting it and trying to stream music is another option which you can try.
Old 18th June 2018, 10:28   #446
BHPian

Avi, I think I spotted your car on Sunday afternoon, going towards DLF junction from Wipro circle. I was in a White Chevy Beat ahead of you on the right lane. Noticed the stickers on your car when you overtook me from the left while waiting for the signal.
Old 18th June 2018, 10:34   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Due to a dealership connect and invitation from BHPi'an ecosportrules, I had the fortune of meeting the Ford India Managing Director & President (Anurag Mehrotra) over a cup of coffee at Starbucks last Thursday
Did you guys happen to have any words with him on whether the real fun to drive models which are sold globally (e.g. Fiesta ST for example, Focus RS etc) are possibilities for the Indian market in the future? Was there any such information forthcoming?
Old 18th June 2018, 16:26   #448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
May be the music app which you use got updated and hence the issues. Try a different app like Gaana etc to check and confirm that music streams normally. Disconnecting the battery terminal and reconnecting it and trying to stream music is another option which you can try.
I tried the first option and still not able to connect. It is a whole week that I'm not able to connect to the SYNC. Will need to try the battery disconnecting option now

Everything else works except the music from my iphone does not stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Avi, I think I spotted your car on Sunday afternoon, going towards DLF junction from Wipro circle. I was in a White Chevy Beat ahead of you on the right lane. Noticed the stickers on your car when you overtook me from the left while waiting for the signal.
Oh! So it was you in the white beat. I was wondering who is driving at such a clip. Should have understood only an ex-figo guy can drive like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Did you guys happen to have any words with him on whether the real fun to drive models which are sold globally (e.g. Fiesta ST for example, Focus RS etc) are possibilities for the Indian market in the future? Was there any such information forthcoming?
I dont think their focus is performance hatchbacks (They just released the Freestyle) or sedans as Anurag clearly mentioned that Ford will be focusing only in UV/SUV segment as that is where the market is shifting

P.S : Ford has publicly announced that they will stop making sedans for the North America market. Again the reason being more and more people buy the compact, mid-size or full size SUVs in US
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2018, 14:56   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the story of my fuel efficiency from my Aspire over the last few tankfuls

As you can see, I struggle to cross 16kmpl so I wonder how other Aspire owners are hitting the ball out of the park (20-22kmpl+)

Not sure if it's my heavy foot that is to be blamed or there is a defect in my car

Whatever the reason, this ain't a complaint
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_1927.png  

mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2018, 14:00   #450
BHPian

Quote:
..... I struggle to cross 16kmpl so I wonder how other Aspire owners are hitting the ball out of the park (20-22kmpl+)
Not sure if it's my heavy foot that is to be blamed or there is a defect in my car....
I guess a major chunk of the distances driven by you is in city traffic. What's the car's mileage for highway trips? It would be a bit on the lower side if the car is returning 15-16KMPL even for highway trips!
Mileage things put aside, the Blue Bombardier must be a hoot to drive even now
espraveen is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks