Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2016, 20:24   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold

Well, I had some time this morning so I decided to pay a visit to my "unofficial garage" which I use for minor stuff and fix small stuff

I showed them the lower bumper lip that came off. The guy just laid out a carpet underneath the car and took a few clips out and just bolted them right back. Voila ! Bumper was back in it's shape. No money charged as it was done in less than 5 minutes

Suddenly I decided that since this work is finished so early, why not just paint the stock alloys in "Matt Black" and they had the Matt finish in stock

After a small negotiation on price, Blue Bombardier went right into the garage and they followed these steps

1. Cleaned the alloys with water

2. Cleaned it with a clean cloth

3. Used some pressure to clean the dust particles from the insides and corners of alloy

4. Wrapped the tyre (rubber part) with newspaper

5. Spray painted the alloys (2-3 coats)

Weather is bit unpredictable out here and also rainy so I was unsure whether to do this or not but, I just took the plunge as when it comes to mind it has to be done

Overall, I was back on the road driving with a Matt-Finish Alloys within a couple of hours

I asked them to spray paint the lower bumper lip as well, not that it may hold good for too long

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-4.jpg

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender.jpg

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-5.jpg

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-6.jpg

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-3.jpg

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-2.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 20:31   #287
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Anyone donating a new LTD sticker?
I have an LTD sticker with me. I bought it for my next car that will replace the Swift.

You can take it now. I'll try getting one somehow later when the replacement car comes.

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st October 2016 at 20:39.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 22:11   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... took a few clips out and just bolted them right back.

I was back on the road driving with a Matt-Finish Alloys within a couple of hours
Let the nut bolt be a temporary solution, because they will rust (unless they are steel or aluminium). Get it replaced with clips atleast before the next monsoon.

The alloys look nice in black. How about adding a nice blue outline - like this.

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-8712407411485865707.jpg

This should complete the look.
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 23:15   #289
BHPian

Wouldn't the paint come off/chip from the lug nuts if they are unscrewed on the event of a puncture? IMO the lug nuts should have been left unpainted(chromed). As samaspire suggested, a contrasting highlight (border) will enhance the look. Right now its too black and the alloy design is difficult to visualize.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 14:12   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Suddenly I decided that since this work is finished so early, why not just paint the stock alloys in "Matt Black" and they had the Matt finish in stock
Sweet update mobike008

I think Ford must offer this as an option for the Figo twins just like they have the Black Edition of the Ecosport.

Personally, I think Glossy Finish will look better thank a Matt black, but that is just me.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 19:51   #291
BHPian

Few stickering job will make it even better. As Samaspire has already suggested you can go for outline stickering of the alloy wheels. Either blue or white fluorescent types should stand out IMHO.
Old 3rd October 2016, 09:37   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Let the nut bolt be a temporary solution, because they will rust (unless they are steel or aluminium). Get it replaced with clips atleast before the next monsoon.
Sorry! I meant it was clips only which had become loose and guy fixed it back and it's now holding good

Quote:
The alloys look nice in black. How about adding a nice blue outline - like this.This should complete the look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Wouldn't the paint come off/chip from the lug nuts if they are unscrewed on the event of a puncture? IMO the lug nuts should have been left unpainted(chromed). As samaspire suggested, a contrasting highlight (border) will enhance the look. Right now its too black and the alloy design is difficult to visualize.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Few stickering job will make it even better. As Samaspire has already suggested you can go for outline stickering of the alloy wheels. Either blue or white fluorescent types should stand out IMHO.
Good Point Blow Horn OK! But, if you leave the nuts unpainted it would stand out like a sore thumb. I'm willing to take the risk of little paint peeling off in the event of puncture situations

And, with regards to adding a contrast lip to the alloy. It is going to happen for sure and it was even tried out. The same body color is NOT looking good and is also not standing out

I'm thinking of the following contrast color

1. Yellow

2. White

3. Red

Which one do you think would look good? I love the Yellow LTD sticker on the blue it goes really well. Don't you think?

I'm tilting towards Yellow and then White for the alloy lip stickering

What say you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Sweet update mobike008

I think Ford must offer this as an option for the Figo twins just like they have the Black Edition of the Ecosport.

Personally, I think Glossy Finish will look better thank a Matt black, but that is just me.
Thanks Vik! In flesh it looks much better than in pictures

Glossy Finish I didnt choose as it might look too gaudy. I wanted it to look understated and funky at the same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I have an LTD sticker with me. I bought it for my next car that will replace the Swift.You can take it now. I'll try getting one somehow later when the replacement car comes.
You are a god's gift to mankind. When and where we meeting?
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 09:54   #293
BHPian

IMO white will look balanced and neutral. Also try out the red. Though it would look best on a black car, not sure about blue.

Just curious, would the paint come off easily to reveal the original color of wheels, if you get fed up of the shade? Or one needs to scrape off and repaint the wheels?
Old 3rd October 2016, 10:31   #294
BHPian

Have you tried Orange? I think it will contrast very nicely with your blue car.
Old 3rd October 2016, 11:04   #295
BANNED

Quote:
I'm tilting towards Yellow and then White for the alloy lip stickering

What say you?
White stickering. Best contrast. Blue car, black alloys and white lip stickering. Wow wow.

Quote:
You are a god's gift to mankind. When and where we meeting?
Will ping you offline. Same place where I met you for the Titanium +?
Old 3rd October 2016, 11:24   #296
BHPian

Quote:

What say you?
I agree with Anurag - white will look good. Any other color will make your car look too, err...colorful!

Quote:
White stickering. Best contrast. Blue car, black alloys and white lip stickering. Wow wow.

We could have the 'sticker handing over ceremony' at the next Hyd meet scheduled for Oct 23rd!
Old 3rd October 2016, 11:39   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just curious, would the paint come off easily to reveal the original color of wheels, if you get fed up of the shade? Or one needs to scrape off and repaint the wheels?
I have done it on my previous car (Pictures below) and they didn't peel off for more than 1.5 years. Even if they peel off, I don't mind trying next what Vik recommended (Glossy Black) as anyways I paid peanuts to get them painted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
Have you tried Orange? I think it will contrast very nicely with your blue car.
Now that's one too many options coming in. How about I sticker each wheel with White, Red, Orange and Yellow and decide which looks the best and then get them all sticker ed accordingly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
We could have the 'sticker handing over ceremony' at the next Hyd meet scheduled for Oct 23rd!
Sure that would atleast ensure Anurag joins but, stickering ceremony would have to wait as I plan to ride to this meet and not drive

Quote:
Done! Gate # 2. Anytime of your convenience

Quote:
IMO white will look balanced and neutral. Also try out the red. Though it would look best on a black car, not sure about blue.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I agree with Anurag - white will look good. Any other color will make your car look too, err...colorful!
Woah!!! Now that's an overwhelming recommendation of White. Will give it a try

Here is what I did with my Cruze in the past

Stock Alloys

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-45436_1369174761615_2331989_n.jpg

Painted them black and got them red stickered. Notice that it's not for full diameter of the alloy....Looked cool eh!

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-_dsc8288.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 11:41   #298
Senior - BHPian

Here's a rough sketch. Red, White, Yellow

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-mobikes-alloys-red.jpg

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-mobikes-alloys-white.jpg

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-mobikes-alloys-yellow.jpg
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 11:45   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here's a rough sketch. Red, White, Yellow
Sam : Much appreciate your effort on the same

Could you please use this image (same color for both wheels; 3 separate images) and do the same for those 3 colors as viewing it from a distance would give the correct picture
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd October 2016 at 11:48.
Old 3rd October 2016, 13:08   #300
Senior - BHPian

Great going avi. Get a remap and the BB will be a sleeper for sure. My suggestion would be get the lip painted with red.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks