Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2016, 14:19   #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
As you can see from the image in post # 265. It is from Tata AIG

It's your personal choice where you buy the insurance from. I have always procured it from outside as it is cheaper
I took a chance and checked in policy bazaar. Got least quote in Tata AIG.. Then called up AIG and Bharati AXA.. Got even a lesser quote. Bottom line is instead of paying 36k at the dealer, am getting one for 20k..
Old 26th September 2016, 16:21   #272
BHPian

re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold

I'm inclined to go for the Titanium Plus variant just for the fact that it has 6 airbags compared to the 2 airbags in Titanium variant. I've a daughter who is not even 1 year old, and hence this car would have 3 occupants most of the times. I'm worried about the safety of those in the rear seat.

However the on-road price of Titanium Plus is 100k more than Titanium variant. This price difference is too steep for the safety and accessories provided. My mind says to go for Titanium Plus, but heart says to go for Titanium. In a dilemma now.

I'm sure the current proud owners of Aspire would have also gone through a similar thought process. Would like to hear from you all. Would really help me in my decision making.
Old 26th September 2016, 18:15   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
I'm inclined to go for the Titanium Plus variant just for the fact that it has 6 airbags compared to the 2 airbags in Titanium variant. I've a daughter who is not even 1 year old, and hence this car would have 3 occupants most of the times. I'm worried about the safety of those in the rear seat.

However the on-road price of Titanium Plus is 100k more than Titanium variant. This price difference is too steep for the safety and accessories provided. My mind says to go for Titanium Plus, but heart says to go for Titanium. In a dilemma now.

Airbags are not meant to protect kids. They should always be properly seated in a child seat in the rear. So think about buying the Titanium plus to make sure you're there for your daughter, when she needs you

That said, when I got my Titanium Plus, I had to pay an additional 70K over the titanium. My value equation math correctly told me that the Titanium variant was overpriced back then, while the Titanium plus was the pick of the range.

Leather seats: 25K
SYNC: 15K
4 airbags: 40K
Better tyres (Apollo): 5K

I think the additional peace of mind with the airbags, and the better cabin ambience with SYNC & those leather seats is well worth the extra cash.
d3mon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 08:57   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
I'm sure the current proud owners of Aspire would have also gone through a similar thought process. Would like to hear from you all. Would really help me in my decision making.
Congratulations for deciding on the Aspire. Well, you can be assured of a wonderful and "thrilling" ownership of it

As D3mon rightly mentioned, it is not just for airbags you are paying extra. So if your budget allows then it's best to go for "Top-End" which is Titanium +

When I picked up the Titanium +, my budget for a car was 15L-18L and nothing in that range excited me (had already owned the most exciting car in that range) so saved a cool 5L-8L as if i recall correctly I picked my Titanium + for 9.70 lakhs.

Now I believe all models of Aspire are a lot cheaper. Besides, if you have a small child it's always best to NOT compromise on safety and get the variant which is loaded to the gill
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 09:29   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

As you all might know that we got crazy rains over the last 2 weeks and it was so relentless that it left a trail of destruction behind in the entire city with multiple areas having water logging, deep potholes and crater like stretches

Though the civic bodies are working overtime to get them repaired but, a few stretches are unavoidable

Due to above, the Blue Bombardier also got slightly effected, I fell twice in the "same" water logged pot-hole where the front left (as seen in picture) went down that tilted the car in a crazy angle and I maneuvered and wrestled it back out of that pothole with a sickening THUD

Long story short, the bottom plastic portion under the front bumper seems to have come off. Is this repairable/a simple nut bolt job or it needs to be replaced?

Need to get it done ASAP as it's scrapping the speed-breakers and other elements of the road quite often
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender.jpg  

Old 29th September 2016, 09:37   #276
BHPian

Apart from fixing that plastic part, get the alignment checked once to ensure that the shock of falling in a big pothole didn't disturb the setting. Often crashing in a big ditch at good speeds disturbs the alignment.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 09:41   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Apart from fixing that plastic part, get the alignment checked once to ensure that the shock of falling in a big pothole didn't disturb the setting. Often crashing in a big ditch at good speeds disturbs the alignment.
Good Point. Actually, I didn't crash into it. It was a slow maneuver but, still resulted the car falling into it due to no space available with divider taking up the other side of space

And, this happened twice! Second time, I thought will inch around it but, still went in

One lady on a 2-wheeler practically went into that pothole and had to be rescued out so that tells the depth of the ditch
Old 29th September 2016, 10:40   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Long story short, the bottom plastic portion under the front bumper seems to have come off. Is this repairable/a simple nut bolt job or it needs to be replaced?

Need to get it done ASAP as it's scrapping the speed-breakers and other elements of the road quite often
That black portion is the Bumper Lip that did not come with my car. Nothing to do with the variant - other Ambientes had it. But I thought it was supposed to be rubber.

Anyway it is attached to the lower part of the actual bumper by 4 or 5 clips. I guess either one or more of the clips have broken off, or worse, the hole in the bumper where the clips fit in, has broken. If it is the first one then just add new clips, if not, then there is always 3M tape or FeviQuick

PS: Looks like some miscreant has damaged your LTD sticker and also cut off the url

Last edited by samaspire : 29th September 2016 at 10:44.
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 11:13   #279
BANNED

Quote:
The plastic part will be held by clips IMO.

Either take out to Ford and replace it or get the part from then and replace it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
PS: Looks like some miscreant has damaged your LTD sticker and also cut off the url
URL is removed by Avinash bhai himself. He doesn't prefer the sticker with URL.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 13:42   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anyway it is attached to the lower part of the actual bumper by 4 or 5 clips. I guess either one or more of the clips have broken off, or worse, the hole in the bumper where the clips fit in, has broken. If it is the first one then just add new clips, if not, then there is always 3M tape or FeviQuick

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The plastic part will be held by clips IMO.

Either take out to Ford and replace it or get the part from then and replace it yourself.
Thanks what you outline makes sense. Do I really have to go to a Ford ASC for this simple job? I assume any car garage can take care of this stuff if it's simple hooking it back with clips etc

I'm not a DIY person and my busy schedule does not allow me to entertain this passion (even if i want to) so need outside help for sure

Quote:
URL is removed by Avinash bhai himself. He doesn't prefer the sticker with URL.
You know me too well. Our driving and riding days helped..Eh?...Haha!

Yes, I dont like the URL and have always removed it to display the LTD part. But, top portion of sticker seems to have come off

Anyone donating a new LTD sticker?
Old 29th September 2016, 13:52   #281
BHPian

Quote:

Has the rubber lip deformed (bent inwards) at the center too? My Figo has this deformed due to an un-noticed stone in an unknown parking space.

The rubber has kind of a dent near the passenger side fog lamp but thankfully nothing has come off. As the lip is for aerodynamic purpose, on the return leg of the journey (after the incident happened) I experienced the car pulling to the right. I knew the lip won't cause so much of a trouble but at the back of mind I was thinking is that causing this or what?

Turns out, it was an wheel alignment issue.
teemus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 15:06   #282
BANNED

Quote:
I assume any car garage can take care of this stuff if it's simple hooking it back with clips
Not really required to visit Ford.

Any garage can do it provided you hey them the spares. Will be 5 minute job.
Old 29th September 2016, 16:12   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks what you outline makes sense. Do I really have to go to a Ford ASC for this simple job? I assume any car garage can take care of this stuff if it's simple hooking it back with clips etc
Any one can fix it, provided they have the right parts. If nothing is broken then even a simple nut, bolt and washer of the right size will do. It can be replaced at the next visit to Ford ASC.

My dealer had told me that a some owners are removing the bumper lip because it tends to get damaged, like yours did. But then, he was just trying to convince me that I did not need it.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 16:41   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
As the lip is for aerodynamic purpose
This was my next question. How can this be a aerodynamic component? Any explanation?

Quote:
Any garage can do it provided you hey them the spares. Will be 5 minute job.

Quote:
My dealer had told me that a some owners are removing the bumper lip because it tends to get damaged, like yours did. But then, he was just trying to convince me that I did not need it.
I do not know about aerodynamic crap they doled out but, I would most definitely have it as it looks
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 18:05   #285
BHPian

Quote:
This was my next question. How can this be a aerodynamic component? Any explanation?

I do not know about aerodynamic crap they doled out but, I would most definitely have it as it looks
Neither did I! But here is a good article which I just now came across. Quoting from the article:

Quote:
Air dams vary from simple lower-front-valance slab-like extensions to complex cow catchers. An air dam’s purpose is to reduce the amount of air flowing underneath the car, which has a number of benefits.

Most cars do not have smooth underbodies–exhaust, drivetrain, and suspension hang down, creating considerable additional drag. In this situation, a front air dam can improve aerodynamics even though it increases frontal area.

More importantly, a front spoiler reduces air pressure underneath the car. Any air remaining under the car is turbulent, just like air behind the rear of a vehicle.

That’s the principle of drafting in NASCAR; guys get hauled along behind the lead car by riding inside its low-pressure wake. A front air dam creates a similar effect under the vehicle,essentially sucking the car into the ground.

Spoilers and air dams work for most vehicles without complex experimentation.
Here's a link.

Last edited by teemus : 29th September 2016 at 18:34. Reason: typos
teemus is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks