Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2016, 22:10   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
How do you get a 73% discount! Your quote with 20% NCB matches what I got with a 65% NCB from Tata AIG
Company lease car so we get preferential treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Here's my manual AC control panel - bland
Woah! This indeed looks really bland. I never realized the interior of the base petrol version is so ordinary looking. Looks like the good 'ol Maruti 800 days
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 08:33   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Btw, I was pleasantly surprised to see the Blue Bombardier featured by Ford India on their Instagram page
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-bb-instagram.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th September 2016 at 08:56.
mobike008 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 07:41   #258
Senior - BHPian

Happy birthday to the Blue Bombardier.
And congrats mobike008 for a very happy first year with the BB.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 09:01   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Happy birthday to the Blue Bombardier.
And congrats mobike008 for a very happy first year with the BB.
Thank you very much for your warm wishes

I knew Blue Bombardier had a anniversary this week but, it just skipped my mind and nice of you to remind me first thing this morning.

Btw, Where is the birthday cake and present? Hint : She prefers "Jet Fuel" for present so she can live up to it's name and start flying

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th September 2016 at 09:03.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 21:51   #260
BHPian

Aspire is really great car. In fact it is a pretty sweet deal for someone looking for a safe car under 10L. For someone looking for a car with 6 airbags under 12L budget, Aspire and Ecosport are the only available options currently.

With the increase in nuclear families these days, there will always be one person (wife or kid) in the back seat. So airbags in the backseat are essential.

I've been planning to get a car with 6 airbags, and the diesel top-end Aspire with on-road price of around 9.5L in Bangalore is my first choice. Ecosport is another contender, but I'm a bit skeptical in paying ~3L extra for EcoSport over Aspire. Ecosport does have some additional features like the engine start-stop button and the reverse parking sensors. But in my opinion, this is not a deal breaker.

However it is really surprising to see Aspire selling in such low numbers. Wouldn't it be a problem to procure the spare parts and accessories if the car will be used for another 7-8 years?
scorpion_blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 22:26   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
However it is really surprising to see Aspire selling in such low numbers. Wouldn't it be a problem to procure the spare parts and accessories if the car will be used for another 7-8 years?
I had a 2006 Getz (i.e. the old design) that went out of production in 2007, and in the last 10 years I never had any problems with spares, even with those specific to the old design (such as the older shape headlights).

Like the Getz, the Aspire doing low numbers should not dissuade you, manufacturers will easily keep spares in good supply. The Aspire is doing low numbers but is not a rare car (like the Mitsubishi Cedia), and is made by a manufacturer with a strong commitment to India.

If the features in the EcoSport don't compel you enough to pay the difference, then go for the Aspire by all means, its a great car. Carrying capacity (both passengers and luggage) of both are pretty much identical!
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 23:03   #262
BHPian

Get the aspire and don't worry about the support. By no means ford will discontinue the aspire or the figo in near future as its fairly new product for them and they would have invested a lot in its development. Its the best looking compact sedan on sale, and the figo too fares good in terms of looks among its competitors. It has a potent engine (diesel) and offers a great safety net. I believe ford will continue to add features and minor improvements over the time to make the package more appealing. Like the touch screen infotainment, reverse parking sensors, different/bigger wheels, major/minor design tweaks etc. instead of ceasing the production.

Also, the engine (apart from the 1.2 petrol) and other bits are shared with the Ecosport, which is a successful model for ford and possibly they will retain the diesel engine in the next generation Ecosport as well. Other major components like suspension and brakes are not such items which are changed for sure in every facelift. So you shouldn't worry on the mechanical front.

Yes, its built light but I believe it's the same across the competition. On the positive side it offers tremendous power to weight ratio and it returns great mileage.

If you lust over the looks, additional features and solid feel of the Ecosport, you can go ahead with it.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 17th September 2016 at 23:24.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 08:54   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
If you lust over the looks, additional features and solid feel of the Ecosport, you can go ahead with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
If the features in the EcoSport don't compel you enough to pay the difference, then go for the Aspire by all means, its a great car. Carrying capacity (both passengers and luggage) of both are pretty much identical!
I never really cared to know the difference in features from the top-end diesel Aspire with a top-end Ecosport

Arun, I believe you own a Ecosport what's the feature and price difference between the top end models of Aspire and Ecosport?

Quote:
Aspire is really great car. In fact it is a pretty sweet deal for someone looking for a safe car under 10L. For someone looking for a car with 6 airbags under 12L budget, Aspire and Ecosport are the only available options currently.

Wouldn't it be a problem to procure the spare parts and accessories if the car will be used for another 7-8 years?
Aspire is a wonderful car as you may have deduced from my ownership report. I have completed one year two days ago and have enjoyed a trouble free ownership.

For someone looking at buying this car for a long-term ownership (Longest ownership of mine is 4 years & 3 months) spanning over 7-8 years they can buy this car without any fear as Ford like any other more popular manufacturers in India (Maruti, Hyundai, Honda etc) will continue to support their products for a very long period (My safe assumption is at least a decade from the date of production) and post which you will still find sources to procure spares and related parts.

I'm saying this with so much confidence is I know people who have been procuring parts for the rarest of rare specimens like an Opel Astra, Fiat 1100 or an RD 350 etc without any problems. You might just have to wait for little longer than usual.

Having said that, availability of spares for a Ford Aspire should be the least of all worries even if you wish to keep it for 7-8 years.

Secondly, with respect to comparison with an Ecosport. I have test driven this at length before buying the Aspire

Ecosport seemed to have similar interior space as Aspire
Ecosport does seem slightly heavier due to it's additional body weight but, this effects it's initial accelaration. Whereas the Aspire takes off like it's pants are on fire
Ecosport handles equally good as the Aspire
Ecoport does look more funky than the Aspire especially in those bright colors

Bottom line : If you have the additional 3 lakhs to dole out for the Ecosport then it's a good car but, the Aspire does almost everything that it can do except not have it's looks

Sep 17th, 2016 marked the 1st anniversary of the Blue Bombardier and when the celebrations ended at night; It racked up 20,250kms for the 1st year which is highest that I ever did in any of my car ownership till date :
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-1.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-2.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 09:44   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Arun, I believe you own a Ecosport what's the feature and price difference between the top end models of Aspire and Ecosport?
Purely in terms of features, the EcoSport has very little to offer over the Aspire. Yes, there are features in the EcoSport like push-button start, auto-headlamps, auto-wipers, ISOFIX child seats, etc., but none of these are big enough to sway a customer on their own.

At the same time, the Aspire has a few features that the EcoSport doesn't: folding ORVMs, perimeter alarm, MyKey. Of these, I'd argue that the folding ORVM is a very compelling feature, the others are not enough to sway a customer on their own.

They both offer similar room for passengers and luggage, and have a lot of kit in common (same diesel engine, 6 airbags, ABS, Sync, leather interiors, etc.).

Honestly? I view the biggest difference between the Aspire and EcoSport as the body - in terms of appearance & styling, ride height, and - arguably - the solid feeling. The bigger tyres on the EcoSport will also make it marginally better in handling smaller potholes. In that respect, it will come down to the individual's preferences and tastes.

On the road in Bangalore, there's a 2.27 lakh price difference between the top-end diesel Aspire and EcoSport, according to Carwale (and a 1.94 lakh difference in ex-showroom price):
Name:  Aspire vs EcoSport Price.gif
Views: 2289
Size:  7.1 KB

Last edited by arunphilip : 19th September 2016 at 09:48.
arunphilip is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 15:21   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Alright, my renewed insurance copy arrived and it's cheaper than the actual price quoted

INR 8,381 for an IDV value of 7. 21 Lakhs
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 22:40   #266

Hi, firstly congrats for completing a joyous year on your BB. I have booked an aspire titanium from Vibrant ford kairathabad branch and as per the sales manager, I will be getting by end of the month. Just wanted to know if you have taken the insurance directly from the showroom or third part one.
Old 23rd September 2016, 09:29   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejus_y393 View Post
Hi, firstly congrats for completing a joyous year on your BB. I have booked an aspire titanium from Vibrant ford kairathabad branch and as per the sales manager, I will be getting by end of the month. Just wanted to know if you have taken the insurance directly from the showroom or third part one.
I would highly recommend you to take the insurance "ALWAYS" from outside for any vehicle that you purchase.It will be cheaper by 30%-50%

And, Congratulations on the Aspire Titanium. Is it one model lower than the top-end? Which color and what's the OTR?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 23:49   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I would highly recommend you to take the insurance "ALWAYS" from outside for any vehicle that you purchase.It will be cheaper by 30%-50%

And, Congratulations on the Aspire Titanium. Is it one model lower than the top-end? Which color and what's the OTR?
Yes, the one lower than the top end. Told the sales guy to block the smoke grey. However hovering between red and blue too. How is the maintenance on your blue one?
OTR is 8.4 Lakhs. Getting a Ford body cover, rear parking sensors, Teflon and the usual freebies.
Can you tell me which insurance you have taken? As a friend in the ford service center told me to go ahead with the insurance offered by the showroom as they have a good tie up with them and generally don't question when the need arises.
Old 26th September 2016, 08:27   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejus_y393 View Post
Can you tell me which insurance you have taken? As a friend in the ford service center told me to go ahead with the insurance offered by the showroom as they have a good tie up with them and generally don't question when the need arises.
As you can see from the image in post # 265. It is from Tata AIG

It's your personal choice where you buy the insurance from. I have always procured it from outside as it is cheaper
Old 26th September 2016, 11:56   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Wouldn't it be a problem to procure the spare parts and accessories if the car will be used for another 7-8 years?
I'd say 'don't worry'! We can always talk about the legal contracts side, but if you put a bit more thought, the below points will make more sense.

1. Aspire's engine / gearbox is the same as Ecosport which is a high selling model, which also means these parts will always be available. I believe this will be the biggest worry for anyone.

2. Aspire has lot of part sharing with Figo / old Fiesta & Ecosport which will ensure the parts availability.

3. Though it sells much lower than the Maruti / Hyundai products, it's still got decent sales and news on Ford bringing facelifted versions after mid-life period is a sign that they haven't really given up.
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks