Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2016, 12:36   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailukitta View Post
And finally,I sold my 7 year old swift and brought in my new companion,The Ford Figo (Ruby Red).Thanks to this thread for making it an easy and obvious decision as to where to put my money and get the best experience possible in return. I took the delivery on 1-Aug and started on a 2000km (round trip) to Wayanad(Kerala) on 3-Aug. That initial experience made it very evident how blissful my coming few years with this car are going to be like.
Congratulations and glad to know that my thread inspired you to by the Aspire

You seem to have done exactly what I did after buying though not exactly that early which is upgrade to Yoko Earths's and long drive to Kerala etc.

Look forward to a small write up of your long drive to Kerala. I mean you liked and what could have been better of the car

Quote:
I already finished 2,700kms and need to take it for the first service.Am planning to take it to the Sanat Nagar Vibrant Ford Service center as it is close to where I stay. Any suggestions on this?.
Service centers of Ford is pretty much spread out in the city and we have no option but, to hand over the car for service at a center that is comfortable to you. I have had great service experience with Mody till date. No complaints at all

Btw, look forward to you joining the Hyderabad-Bangalore Mega meet at Kurnool on Sep 11th. Details here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...mega-meet.html
Old 24th August 2016, 13:20   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Am planning to take it to the Sanat Nagar Vibrant Ford Service centre as it is close to where I stay. Any suggestions on this?.
Congratulations on the car. It looks stunning in this color!

I would highly recommend Vibrant's service center at Balanagar. In my opinion, it is much better managed than the one at Sanathnagar. The staff there is good and the service manager - Shiva is a gentleman. I used to go there for my Figo's servicing and I never came back disappointed. Also, the service center is very close to the main road from where you can get public transport to come back after dropping the car.
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 08:03   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm due for my 3rd/20,000kms service shortly. What all should be taken into consideration for replacing & cleaning? Any inputs?

Have made a mental note of the following things to tell the service advisor when I hand over the car (Planning it for Sep 5th)

Other than replacements to oil, oil filter, air filter...Is there any major component that needs replacement at this km interval?

Some minor issues to be rectified :

1. Rubber beading for rear doors got unplugged ever since we tried to shove in a mattress in the back-seat for a local shifting. I tried to install the beading on its groove but, somehow it keeps coming off. Needs a professional touch to it, that's all

2. Is there a solution for the sudden boot lid release? Might get it fixed it's available

3. Is the extra cost worth in changing from semi-synthetic oil to Fully synthetic oil?

4. Will get the 3M oil sprayed to the gear selector

It's fascinating that I'm almost wracking my brains to come with issues that I need to tell the service advisor. It's an awesome problem to have..isn't it?

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd September 2016 at 08:04.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 09:42   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
3. Is the extra cost worth in changing from semi-synthetic oil to Fully synthetic oil?
No significant advantage, IMO. Go with regular oil that they have.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 09:47   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

2. Is there a solution for the sudden boot lid release? Might get it fixed it's available
The boot release was a very violent in the first batch but was rectified when I got delivery. But after my boot was replaced the open action was sudden again. I asked the service guys to fix it and they tried the springs from various cars. Finally what I have now is slightly better but not like my original.

It's all to do with the tension in the Springs - see if they can solve it. Else get an extra pair of springs, stretch them a bit and see if it works.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 10:25   #231
BHPian

Quote:
.. Other than replacements to oil, oil filter, air filter...Is there any major component that needs replacement at this km interval?
You can get the AC Filter replaced if you feel the AC isn't cooling the car as desired (it's not a must though, the manual says the replacement is at 40K KM)!!
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 14:57   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
The boot release was a very violent in the first batch but was rectified when I got delivery.
Rectified how? By replacing the springs? Don't they know which springs where used in the first place?

Let me try this replacement when I give it for service

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
You can get the AC Filter replaced if you feel the AC isn't cooling the car as desired (it's not a must though, the manual says the replacement is at 40K KM)!!
AC is a chiller and works like a charm. So I think will make a request for them to clean the AC filter and replace it back. Thanks for the reminder

Also, yesterday when driving back from work it was late evening and raining heavily and car fogged too much. How do I fix this issue as I already tried these :

1. Switch on front fog button

2. Switch on rear fog button

3. Try the blower on top of windshield to divert the air flow towards windshield

Most of the time it works, yesterday it was horrible and just couldn't see anything as all around it fogged up. Luckily all the distance I was on an office call so was driving slow/gingerly
Old 2nd September 2016, 15:28   #233
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
........raining heavily and car fogged too much........
Silly question to a seasoned driver, but did you check if the air intake was set to 'fresh' and not 'recirculate' while defogging?
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 15:59   #234
BHPian

Quote:

Is there any major component that needs replacement at this km interval?
I have a question, what about Tyre Rotation?

My Figo has gone through the 2nd service about 2 months ago and the SA didn't do the Tyre rotation. He tried to pull a fast one on me that it's done but later when I confronted he said it's not required.

I have put this in the dealers feedback and also informed to Ford when they called to ask my feedback. Ford representative said it has to be done. He advised me to get it done by contacting the dealership; which I couldn't do due to a personal tragedy.
Old 2nd September 2016, 16:28   #235
BHPian

Quote:
How do I fix this issue as I already tried these :

1. Switch on front fog button

2. Switch on rear fog button

3. Try the blower on top of windshield to divert the air flow towards windshield

Most of the time it works, yesterday it was horrible and just couldn't see anything as all around it fogged up. Luckily all the distance I was on an office call so was driving slow/gingerly
Did you try increasing the temperature of the A/C. This works for me 9 out of 10 times.

OT - but yesterday's rain was just awesome!
Old 2nd September 2016, 17:41   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Also, yesterday when driving back from work it was late evening and raining heavily and car fogged too much. How do I fix this issue as I already tried these :
The defrost button in red is a one button wonder for combating frosting. Does it fail to work for you?
It turns on the rear defogger, sets the temp & the blower to high, switches on the AC, and switches to the defrost vents. After the fog is cleared, I just reduce the temp to a sane value and the fogging never comes back, since it keeps the dehumidified airflow going to the windshield.

In fact, the figo also has a hidden feature - if you switch the air circulation to the windshield, it automatically switches on the AC. And you can't turn it off, even if the display doesn't indicate that the AC is on!

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th September 2016 at 12:10. Reason: Reducing the length of the quote so that post becomes much better to read. Thanks :)
d3mon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 19:39   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rectified how? By replacing the springs? Don't they know which springs where used in the first place?

Also, yesterday when driving back from work it was late evening and raining heavily and car fogged too much. How do I fix this issue
1. They told me that due to customer feedback on the boot action, the spring was fixed in my batch of cars. At the factory.

2. To defog the windshield in heavy rains, I direct air flow to the glass and turn on full heat. The fog dissappears in a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
The defrost button in red is a one button wonder for combating frosting. Does it fail to work for you?
I did not know that the Aspire had a defrost button!!
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 20:22   #238
BHPian

Quote:
The Titanium version has ACC, which has that button
http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Sa...&ssbinary=true
d3mon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 12:08   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Silly question to a seasoned driver, but did you check if the air intake was set to 'fresh' and not 'recirculate' while defogging?
Chetan, I think you caught me. I reckon this is the reason why the whole car (windsheild and all side mirrors was fogging up.

I was so engrossed in the call that I think didn't realize the air circulation was ON ( this is just a guess, not sure) while I was trying every trick in the trade to clear

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
I have a question, what about Tyre Rotation?
As mentioned in my previous post. Wheel alignment, balance and also rotation is executed outside of Ford ASC. I prefer to get it done from a renowned place where I get it done personally and results are outstanding

Please dont get it done from FORD ASC. Also, rotation every 6-7K kms is mandatory (i.e whenever you are getting the alignment and balance done)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Did you try increasing the temperature of the A/C. This works for me 9 out of 10 times.
Yes. Increased temparature to max and it gets super hot within a few seconds and normally works very well to clear the fog as you rightly said

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
The defrost button in red is a one button wonder for combating frosting. Does it fail to work for you? It turns on the rear defogger, sets the temp & the blower to high, switches on the AC, and switches to the defrost vents. After the fog is cleared, I just reduce the temp to a sane value and the fogging never comes back, since it keeps the dehumidified airflow going to the windshield.

In fact, the figo also has a hidden feature - if you switch the air circulation to the windshield, it automatically switches on the AC. And you can't turn it off, even if the display doesn't indicate that the AC is on!
Thanks for sharing the new hidden feature. Will try it next time it rains

I do exactly what you described, I use the front fog button for front window and press the "RED BUTTON"for rear windscreen de-frost and I love this button as it magically clears the rear screen in a few seconds

Quote:
This is surprising, your Aspire does not come with a DEFROST button? Can you share a picture of your front console?

Mine as you know is the top-end diesel (Titanium +) so it has the defrost button as D3mon shared

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th September 2016 at 12:12.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 12:14   #240
BHPian

Quote:
2. To defog the windshield in heavy rains, I direct air flow to the glass and turn on full heat. The fog dissappears in a minute.
I missed this previously - the right way to defog is to use the A/C, not just the heat. I hope you use the A/C as well when you turn on the heat. In fact, just sending cold, Air conditioned air to the windshield will defog the windshield very effectively as well.
d3mon is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks