Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2016, 13:27   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Great going avi. Get a remap and the BB will be a sleeper for sure. My suggestion would be get the lip painted with red.
Remap or Race Dynamics? It will happen for sure as soon as I get bored with stock power. I already feel the Aspire is less powerful than it was before

Btw, Race dynamics have last week launched their LITE version which bumps up the power rating by 20%

So they now have 3 offerings

LITE (14K) : 20% Bump in Power (Launched last week)

Single Channel (19K) : 25% bump in power

Dual Channel (26K) : 30% bump in power and comes with on the fly power changing remote control

Having used both the Single Channel and Dual channel on my Cruze, I must confess the car gets totally transformed and the power increment is simply unbelievable and difficult to handle especially in P2 mode

You can read more about it here :

http://dieseltronic.racedynamics.com/
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 18:24   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Remap or Race Dynamics? It will happen for sure as soon as I get bored with stock power. I already feel the Aspire is less powerful than it was before
[/url]
Lite Or dual channel are the ones to go for. Lite for the cheap thrills & Dual channel for the ultimate punch.

BTW recently, I have been noticing a lot of smoke in P2 mode, and a moderate amount even in P1. Last saturday, I went to the extremely helpful guys at RD and they customized the tune to be less aggressive at lower RPMs. The turbo now kicks in more gradually (vs the old P2), but it still smokes, especially during turbo spool up. I will drive around for another week to see if it has actually reduced enough, or if it needs more tuning. Karthik promised to tune it again if I continued to see smoke in my RVM.

So if you're thinking of an RD box, I'd definitely recommend waiting a bit for me to sort out the smoke issue, so that you can request the latest map as well.

I think a remap is definitely better if you have the cash and don't mind the risk of opening the ECU. You can get rid of the torque (& boost) limiters in 1st and 2nd gears and also up the boost a bit.
d3mon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 19:14   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And, with regards to adding a contrast lip to the alloy. It is going to happen for sure and it was even tried out. The same body color is NOT looking good and is also not standing out

I'm thinking of the following contrast color

1. Yellow

2. White

3. Red

Which one do you think would look good? I love the Yellow LTD sticker on the blue it goes really well. Don't you think?
I also suggest you try out the same blue color of your car. Check out how it turns out using photoshop. My guess it, the blue would go great with the car.

Blue car
Black tyres
Blue border lining
Black alloys

Worth a shot on PS

Note: I do not know much about how to use Photoshop else I would have tried it and uploaded.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 20:21   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Even if they peel off, I don't mind trying next what Vik recommended (Glossy Black)
Quote:

Here's a rough sketch.

White
Quote:

I also suggest you try out the same blue color of your car.
I was so longing for the Blue shade on GT TDI that was available with the regular Polos, but was not even offered as an option. But this Dark Blue Shade offered by VW was soon a thing of the past as soon as I saw the Blue Shade offered by Ford on the Figo/Aspire. In fact, this shade is a close second on my favourites only to that gorgeous Race Blue that was available on the Laura VRS.

With the painting of the rims mobike008, you have only UPPED the Sport Quotient on this road runner.

If you do consider going with the Glossy Black bro, I highly recommend adding that Bright White Lip, as rendered by samaspire.

For that Colour on Aspire, Glossy Black Spokes with White Lip will look Lip-smackingly delicious

Last edited by Vik0728 : 3rd October 2016 at 20:23.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 20:23   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could you please use this image (same color for both wheels; 3 separate images) and do the same for those 3 colors as viewing it from a distance would give the correct picture
I give you 4

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-mobikes-alloys-yellow.jpg

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-mobikes-alloys-red.jpg

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-mobikes-alloys-white.jpg

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-mobikes-alloys-blue.jpg

Maybe you can even paint the discs red

Last edited by samaspire : 3rd October 2016 at 20:26.
samaspire is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 08:53   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Lite Or dual channel are the ones to go for. Lite for the cheap thrills & Dual channel for the ultimate punch.

BTW recently, I have been noticing a lot of smoke in P2 mode, and a moderate amount even in P1.
This is what I was worried about. Having used these products extensively

Used single channel as well as dual channel for Cruze and prior to that had used it in my Accent Viva CRDI (It had a Pete's box and green cotton air filter) and under hard accelaration it would smoke and it was embarrassing to see it in your rear-view mirror

But, if you ignore that embarrassment, it a pleasure to drive these tuned box cars

But, as you recommended I will wait for your suggestions before proceeding to buy one. I know the remap is superior but, i dont like to commit myself to something that cannot be "undone" as I dont know how long I will keep the car

Please keep me posted about the progress in this smoking issue resolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I also suggest you try out the same blue color of your car.
Thanks for the suggestion. As mentioned, I had actually stickered the car in blue and took off the stickers as it didn't go well. As you can see from Samaspire pics too. It is really subtle and gets hidden in the overall black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I was so longing for the Blue shade on GT TDI that was available with the regular Polos, but was not even offered as an option. But this Dark Blue Shade offered by VW was soon a thing of the past as soon as I saw the Blue Shade offered by Ford on the Figo/Aspire. In fact, this shade is a close second on my favourites only to that gorgeous Race Blue that was available on the Laura VRS.

With the painting of the rims mobike008, you have only UPPED the Sport Quotient on this road runner.

If you do consider going with the Glossy Black bro, I highly recommend adding that Bright White Lip, as rendered by samaspire.
Thanks Vik! Yes it's indeed looking very sporty now with blue body color, smoked out tyres and beige leather interiors.

What's your suggestion from the 4 options Sam provided?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I give you 4
Thanks a bunch! I like only 2 which are

Red : I thought red would look guady and would not go with blue body color but, looks great

White : This looks best but, due to the blackness at center gives a feeling of something hollow in between the white border

Now confused between RED & WHITE

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th October 2016 at 09:46. Reason: excluding extra emoticon
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 09:43   #307
BHPian

Great share @samaspire

@mobike008 ->go for RED OR BLUE!!!!!!!!!! btb why not sporty yellow!
You may start a poll

Red/Blue compliments the car

Well, just a thought!!!!!! you may try out radium type ...during the day it looks as yellow (pic1 is good too) and night time it literally transforms!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by novicefreak : 4th October 2016 at 09:47.
novicefreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 11:11   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
Great share @samaspire

@mobike008 ->go for RED OR BLUE!!!!!!!!!! btb why not sporty yellow!
I'd go for blue! Red is also fine, but blue matches with the car colour.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 12:29   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Vik!

What's your suggestion from the 4 options Sam provided?
Well bro, my first car (Santro) was in a similar shade. Following rims were extremely lucrative and I was probably the only guy who was running a Santro on 15"s in Bangalore:

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-pic-1.png

Name:  Pic  2.png
Views: 3046
Size:  1.01 MB

But the shade on Ford Aspire is so much better and heck a lot sportier. And this road runner deserves some good wide foot print, which I am sure you have planned down the line.

For the alloys, my personal suggestion is to get a Bright White Lip, which makes it also look exquisite. If you do decide to go with this change, please also consider a glossy finish on the spokes.

Man, I just can't stop drooling about this iteration from samaspire:

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-white-lip.jpg

Last edited by Vik0728 : 4th October 2016 at 12:33.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 13:01   #310
BHPian

If votes were being counted, I would vote for white or yellow. These two colours stand out and others are not worth the effort of doing it!
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 13:12   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

White pin strip looks the best

If the center appears too dark, why don't you change the hub cabs which have a white/silver base instead of blue? Something like these -

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-capture.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4pcs...f5a6e21e&tpp=1
Dry Ice is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 15:26   #312
CGB
BHPian

Avi, go for white lips where the stickers should be of reflecting type. It provides the best appeal when viewed from side especially in nights.

Beshtu adhe! from the other four
Old 4th October 2016, 17:46   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
You may start a poll
Thanks to the enthusiastic BHP'ians without even setting up a poll, voting is still happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I'd go for blue! Red is also fine, but blue matches with the car colour.
I tried blue. It's so subtle that it is completely underwhelmed by the black rims

Quote:
Well bro, my first car (Santro) was in a similar shade.
I remember this shade. It was not so popular back then but, a few blue lovers like you and me make it popular..LOL!

I agree the Skoda Blue is the best blue in the market and next is Aspire Blue. I dont like the Tata Zest, Xcent, i20 and even the Ecosport blue shades

Quote:
For the alloys, my personal suggestion is to get a Bright White Lip, which makes it also look exquisite. If you do decide to go with this change, please also consider a glossy finish on the spokes.

Man, I just can't stop drooling about this iteration from samaspire
Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
If votes were being counted, I would vote for white or yellow. These two colours stand out and others are not worth the effort of doing it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
White pin strip looks the best
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGB View Post
Avi, go for white lips where the stickers should be of reflecting type. It provides the best appeal when viewed from side especially in nights.
Due to the majority in the poll here, WHITE wins so I will be going ahead with a bright white radium lip sticker which hopefully glows at night (Have it on my motorcycle in green ordered from Ali Express)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGB View Post
Beshtu adhe! from the other four
Nivu Uttama Kannada Matadthiri (you speak good Kannada..LOL!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
If the center appears too dark, why don't you change the hub cabs which have a white/silver base instead of blue? Something like these
Thanks Dry Ice! I didn't like white initially due to the reason that center indeed appears quite dark. This seems to be a good solution.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 11:42   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

@ mobike - The smoked rims are looking great on the aspire & really suiting the body color

Your car finally got the aggression touch it deserved
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 09:47   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys : Firstly, thank you for all your inputs on what color radium sticker would go well and I think you all were right when you suggested WHITE as you can see from the pictures, it's looking gorgeous now, Dashing at the same time quite subtle looking

Special thanks to Samaspire for rendering and sharing real-like photoshop images

Let me know if you think it look alright now?

Wish you all a "Happy Dussera"
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-5.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-4.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-6.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-8.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-7.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-10.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th October 2016 at 09:48.
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks