Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2016, 18:14   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
185 is a correct upsize if you want comfort, almost similar but better handling and feedback as stock size. 185 is what the car should have come with in the first place.

I would say go for 195 if you are going to push the car a lot. Example being hard braking, high speed turns and hurried acceleration.Not that the 185 won't do these, it is more confidence inspiring on with 195.
There will be negatives as well with the 195, like more strain on the steering components on the long run and probably lower mileage.

On my old gen Figo, I ran with the stock 175 for the first couple of months and upsized to 185 which made a world of a difference and now I am on 195 Zlo's just for some fun.
This is SPOT ON

185 for a perfect balance of Ride, Handling and Performance

195 for a performance oriented drives at all times

I wanted to go for 195 as I like to push the car at all times .....but, being my first FORD, I was apprehensive but, ownership till date with respect to car's performance and Ford ASC has been blissful. So, just waiting for the Yoko's to wear out so I can go for 195 section Michelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailukitta View Post
As Mobike008 pointed out,will prefer Michelin though my only concern about these imported ones, as many pointed out in a no of other threads, is regarding the soft rubber not being suitable for Indian roads. As I travel a lot on ghat roads,I am more concerned about the side wall cracks that many have been complaining about.

Are bridgestones more suitable to the Indian roads?. I can't afford to compromise on the peace of mind that comes with that hard rubber as I travel mostly with my better half. Frankly,this is the first time I am even thinking of upgrading the rubber on any of the cars I've ever used and have very limited idea on this topic. Pardon me if my queries are annoying.
I'm a big fan of Michelins and have been using them since 2008-09 and always thought they deserve the premium they demand. Their tyre quality is in a different league. Use it to know it!

I used them for > 1.50 Lakh kms on all kinds of surface and never had a side wall crack problem. But, yeah their life is low at about 40k Kms but, this entire period will serve you with perfect balance of performance and comfort

I skimped this time only for reason that I didn't want to spend additional dough on Aspire but, now that I'm smitten with this car I feel it deserves the best so next upgrade shall definitely be a Michelin

If you are concerned about soft rubber compound of Michelin then play the safe route like me. Yoko Earths' are phenomenal value for money and good for all kind of tarmacs ( as currently proved in my ~15,000kms of usage) but, I'm confident the Michelins will trump it !!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th June 2016 at 18:17.
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th June 2016, 20:14   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Blue Bombardier completes 15,000kms

Despite having a hectic work schedule and a new superbike which did 4000kms in < 3 months this has to be the fastest 15,000kms that I did for any vehicle that I owned till date

It only tell you how much fun this teeny weeny monster is to drive and it puts a smile on my face each time I get behind the wheel of this lovely car

Been a fantastic journey with zero issues and keeping fingers crossed it will continue to serve tonnes of fun in future as well
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_0814.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 18:00   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

I had some time to kill this morning so I decided to finally get a better horn fitted to the car

Went to a friendly neighborhood car décor store and checked out the following

1. Rocksound
2. Hella
3. Minda
4. Roots Windtone

Minda being the most expensive at INR 1400/-

After listening to all I felt the Roots Windtone is still the best in terms of sound clarity, punch and sharpness to overall sound

Bought 2 pairs ( 1 for the BB and 1 for DK)

Removing the front bumper was not an easy task as the person had to spend a good 15+ minutes just to remove the bumper and thereafter it was a matter of removing the stock horns and replacing them.

Blue Bombardier now sounds sweet and people move aside with even a small jab at the horn
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-horn.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-carhorn.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 19:07   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Blue Bombardier now sounds sweet and people move aside with even a small jab at the horn
There is one more model available called as the wind tone electronic. It's basically the one that sounds like the vw ones and smaller than the regular windtone. I have installed them in my car, sounds loud and only needs a slight tap on the horn button.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 20:59   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It only tell you how much fun this teeny weeny monster is to drive and it puts a smile on my face each time I get behind the wheel of this lovely car

Been a fantastic journey with zero issues and keeping fingers crossed it will continue to serve tonnes of fun in future as well
Many congratulations on a niggle free 15,000
This is indeed a fun to drive car. I find myself planning long drives for the weekends - and mine's a petrol. I've just crossed 5000, but the last 2000 were clocked this month
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 21:11   #201

Hi mobike, I too got the roots windtones installed on my figo today, same ones as yours I have a question though for our informed members. The person who installed the roots horn unplugged the oem relay switch from the oem horn, and just left it hanging there. He then spliced the oem horn wiring and connected a 4 mm wire to both the horns, earthing the other end with the car's metal. Is this a setting for direct current drawing from the battery? Are there any negative effects to this kind of setup? The roots horn is rated at 12v/5A.

Please pardon my layman language in explaining all this, I am no electrical expert
Afterburner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 10:23   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

After listening to all I felt the Roots Windtone is still the best in terms of sound clarity, punch and sharpness to overall sound
Congrats mobike008 on one of the many milestones on your BB

With some of the biggest players in automotive market going the 'FE/Mileage' way, it is getting rear to find some mainstream cars with powerful drives. Figo/Aspire 1.5 TDCi is one such machine that offers this along with what others harp for (FE) at an amazing price.

What makes your BB even more desirable is that blue shade, which is the right shade for some eye candy mods

I have been using Roots Windtone from my previous car and is still one of the best/most reliable horns out there.

Drive safe and keep munching many more miles buddy.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 17:45   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afterburner View Post
Hi mobike, I too got the roots windtones installed on my figo today, same ones as yours I have a question though for our informed members. The person who installed the roots horn unplugged the oem relay switch from the oem horn, and just left it hanging there. He then spliced the oem horn wiring and connected a 4 mm wire to both the horns, earthing the other end with the car's metal. Is this a setting for direct current drawing from the battery? Are there any negative effects to this kind of setup? The roots horn is rated at 12v/5A.
Hi Afterburner :

Firstly, I do not think the stock horn comes with a relay but, I'm not entirely sure. If it does come then you should not have allowed the installer to splice the wires as the connection should have given directly

But, if the installer is good and knows what he is doing it should not effect your wiring at all as it's the general practice of clubbing external/new wiring with OEM wiring by splicing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats mobike008 on one of the many milestones on your BB

What makes your BB even more desirable is that blue shade, which is the right shade for some eye candy mods

I have been using Roots Windtone from my previous car and is still one of the best/most reliable horns out there.

Drive safe and keep munching many more miles buddy.
Thanks Vik0728 : Yeah its a super awesome fun car to drive.

I don't really care about mileage but, the FE seems to have dropped even further under my "Iron Leg"

With regards to the blue shade I hardly see any Aspires with this shade (Spotted maybe 2 or 3 at max) as most are either Grey, White or Black. But, I like my choice and think it looks quite sexy

Waiting for the 30,000kms mark then it will be adorned with the following :

1. Racedynamics Box
2. Wider Tyres
3. Alloys
Old 7th July 2016, 19:20   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Waiting for the 30,000kms mark then it will be adorned with the following :

1. Racedynamics Box
2. Wider Tyres
3. Alloys
I'm surprised how you're holding out until 30K Kms for the RD Box. If you ever come to Bangalore, I'll be happy to help change your mind with just one spin in my car
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 20:24   #205
BHPian

Hey man just went through the entire thread. First of all many congratulations on the blue beast (safe to say considering it power). Coming from a cruze and yet impressed by its power, says a lot about this car!

I have been whole heartedly recommending this beast to my friends who are looking for a driver's car under 10 lakhs!

In fact its safe to say that this car is as good as punto abarth at least in a straight line for significantly a lesser price!

Wishing your beast many many miles of driving pleasure!

PS. My cruze is still going strong after 6.5 years. Do you still miss yours??

Last edited by ashish22 : 7th July 2016 at 20:26.
ashish22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 23:02   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
I'm surprised how you're holding out until 30K Kms for the RD Box. If you ever come to Bangalore, I'll be happy to help change your mind with just one spin in my car
Haha! Well 30k kms is just a number that came to mind. I'm very unpredictable and I can do it whenever it comes to mind so don't bank on it

I do come to Bangalore once or twice a month and hopefully one of those trips will ping you to check out your car (incidentally will be there over this weekend as well)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Hey man just went through the entire thread. First of all many congratulations on the blue beast (safe to say considering it power). Coming from a cruze and yet impressed by its power, says a lot about this car!
Hey Ashish : Good to see you and long time no see.

Yes the power of Aspire is just a bit lower than the mighty Cruze and is more linear than Cruze. More than that I'm little shocked that it drives better than Cruze (If you ignore the outright power)

There was one time during a drive to Kerala where I gave a Cruze guy a run for his money on some twisties as the Aspire is much superior in corners

Quote:
I have been whole heartedly recommending this beast to my friends who are looking for a driver's car under 10 lakhs!

In fact its safe to say that this car is as good as punto abarth at least in a straight line for significantly a lesser price!
Yes, it's a great car and I have driven most cars under 10 Lakhs (Except the Baleno and Abarth) and I still love the Aspire and happy with my purchase

In a straight line the Aspire has already beaten the Abarth so I think it says a lot about how it carries speed

Quote:
PS. My cruze is still going strong after 6.5 years. Do you still miss yours??
Wonderful to know that. Do I miss the Cruze? Hell Yeah! That was the most exciting car time of my life and it was simply too special and the trips that I have done in the Cruze is unforgettable. The brutal power of Cruze still gives me tingles whenever I think about it !!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 16:19   #207
BHPian

Quote:

Hey Ashish : Good to see you and long time no see.

Yes the power of Aspire is just a bit lower than the mighty Cruze and is more linear than Cruze. More than that I'm little shocked that it drives better than Cruze (If you ignore the outright power)

There was one time during a drive to Kerala where I gave a Cruze guy a run for his money on some twisties as the Aspire is much superior in corners

Yes, it's a great car and I have driven most cars under 10 Lakhs (Except the Baleno and Abarth) and I still love the Aspire and happy with my purchase

In a straight line the Aspire has already beaten the Abarth so I think it says a lot about how it carries speed

Wonderful to know that. Do I miss the Cruze? Hell Yeah! That was the most exciting car time of my life and it was simply too special and the trips that I have done in the Cruze is unforgettable. The brutal power of Cruze still gives me tingles whenever I think about it !!!
Hey Avi, Its always a pleasure to see you around! I have been bit busy with life and everything else, but i still try to spend as much time as i can on t-bhp!

Fords are always good to drive and you wouldn't fine one which is dull to drive. Coming to Aspire there isn't a car under 10 lakhs and few cars above which can even touch this car be it in a straight line or twisties. This is the FORD i want to see in india and i wish they released more cars like Mondeo, Focus etc. I'm already a big fan of new Endeavour and i think its an awesome product!

Looking at your thread i already feel like selling my dzire and upgrade to Aspire :-P however due to other cars i would hardly get to drive it. Even my cruze has done only 40500 kms so far in these last 6.5 years!

But you have me tempted man!

Last edited by ashish22 : 8th July 2016 at 16:20.
ashish22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 09:49   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

It's been a while that I shared an update.

Well, what should i say? Blue Bombardier has been fantastic as usual and slowly and steadily munching miles and keeping me entertained

Completed 10 months and 2 weeks today and this is what Blue Bombardier has completed till now

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender.jpg

Btw, that is also my trip reading as I calculate FE every tankful. So that's 383kms for a little over half-tankful of diesel and all of my driving is like I have a flight to catch

I typically get about 550kms and when tank is replenished it takes in about 32-33 Litres which is roughly 16kmpl-17kmpl which is good enough

If you are gentle with the Aspire it rewards you with 20kmpl + FE !!!
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 20:53   #209
BHPian

Quote:
.... If you are gentle with the Aspire it rewards you with 20kmpl + FE !!!
I completely agree with you on that. I have the Figo TDCi (bought in Oct-2015). I've just crossed the 27000km mark recently and the average FE stands at 21.8 so far (tankful method, I use a mobile app and have been keeping track of the FE figures since the purchase).
And yes!, like you've mentioned before it's quite difficult to be a sedate driver while one is at the wheel of the Aspire/Figo TDCi
espraveen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 10:26   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
I completely agree with you on that. I have the Figo TDCi (bought in Oct-2015). I've just crossed the 27000km mark recently and the average FE stands at 21.8 so far (tankful method, I use a mobile app and have been keeping track of the FE figures since the purchase).
And yes!, like you've mentioned before it's quite difficult to be a sedate driver while one is at the wheel of the Aspire/Figo TDCi
Holy Moly! You seem to have spent most part of last year behind the wheel

Can you share the mobile app details and is it available for iPhone?

I never got beyond 18kmpl till date due to my heavy foot and my car idles (~ 1-2 hours every tankful with AC)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks