Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2016, 09:30   #181
BHPian

re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Restraints Control Module (RCM) is part of the airbags software and apparently there is some glitch in them that can cause malfunction of airbags in event of a collision.Ford made this recall a voluntary exercise and this software update was just a 15-20 mins job and was done free of cost. Good service by FORD
Oh yeah, I now remember this. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Nice. As handle suggests, I'm also a motorcycle lover

Have you seen review of my new toy?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ght-begin.html
Have I ? Oh I have drooled over this thread for sometime now. Did not know it was you. I almost booked the Versys but it ended up being too big for the shorter me.
Old 17th May 2016, 09:15   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

During the mid of last week, myself and cousin who came down from Delhi were having dinner and over that course it was decided that on weekend lets drive down to Tadoba Andheri Tiger Reserve (TATR) located near Chandrapur, MH and is about 500kms from Hyderabad

As some of you might know, it's not easy to get accommodation and tiger safari at such short notice as many book online 4-5 months ago

Thankfully, I knew some forest officials and after several phone calls got through a VIP quota and off we went on Saturday morning at 5:30am

While going I took some help on route threads on forum but, we made a mistake of following google and took a "wrong turn" and that turned out to be super hellish as for almost 200kms Blue Bombardier loaded with 6 people and luggage went through some really bad terrain and first time ever scraped its bottom sickeningly twice during this stretch

Thanks to my cousin, he called in some of his subordinates in Nizamabad and we had some hot breakfast hand delivered from a famous eatery right on the highway bypass which was enjoyed under the shade of trees with food splayed out on the boot

Even then we did 500kms to Tadoba in 7 hours despite 200kms of really bad stretch that slowed us down considerably and the immense heat (47C ) didn't help much

We had a fabulous stay in the resort where the accommodation and food was awesome and during the safari we really got lucky and spotted 3 tigers in a span of 1 hour (including Wagdoh; largest male tiger in India). I still have to download pictures from camera so will share it in a couple of days

Return trip started at 1:00pm and reached home at 7:30pm after a sumptuous and spicy lunch break somewhere near Adilabad

Route taken while returning was correct and we experienced 90% fabulous and 10% good roads

Not to highlight, yet again the Blue Bombardier which was loaded to it's gill for first time performed as usual flawlessly under severe heat, loaded with 4 adults and 2 kids and lot of luggage.

It was an amazing and blistering drive of 1000kms over the weekend and cannot help but continue to fall in love with this pocket rocket !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-1.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-2.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_6756.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_6757.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_6793.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_6800.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_6791.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_6854.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_6856.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_6858.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th May 2016 at 09:17.
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 09:21   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
During the mid of last week, myself and cousin who came down from Delhi were having dinner and over that course it was decided that on weekend lets drive down to Tadoba Andheri Tiger Reserve (TATR) located near Chandrapur, MH and is about 500kms from Hyderabad
Great going Avi. How did the AC perform with 6 people on board and the sweltering 47deg temp?

Last edited by noopster : 17th May 2016 at 12:34. Reason: Please don't quote a large post in its entirety- makes things difficult for our small screen users
Old 17th May 2016, 17:35   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Great going Avi. How did the AC perform with 6 people on board and the sweltering 47deg temp
It was so hot that it was simply unbelievable. I mean when you step out of car in Tadoba, there was a hot air blowing on your face and if you stay outdoors for too long there is a strong chance of even the strongest person to faint

To be honest, AC was struggling to perform in this extreme heat condition

We were at full blower speed with ACC turned down to lowest (15.5 C) and then it good relief

If the blower was turned down even 2 points down then it would start getting hot (Just for rear passengers while front ones were OK)
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 12:30   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh! A funny anecdote I forgot to share

When we were having breakfast on boot of Blue Bombardier, we got out the Ford given tissue holder ( a lovely leather bound unit) to use the tissues

Wife forgot the holder on the boot and we drove off and realized it after a couple of kms. I stopped on the side to check if it was still there

Must have flown off the boot when the car went into motion
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 12:56   #186

Mobike008, I have been following your thread from day 1 and your feedback and review was one of the main reasons to go for Figo Aspire. I recently became the proud owner of a Tuxedo Black, Figo Aspire Titanium TDCI and I thought my first post on Team BHP should be a thank you note to your thread. Hope to catch you around Nanakramguda sometime.

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th May 2016 at 16:37. Reason: corrected my handle name :)
croupier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 16:40   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by croupier View Post
Mobike008, I have been following your thread from day 1 and your feedback and review was one of the main reasons to go for Figo Aspire. I recently became the proud owner of a Tuxedo Black, Figo Aspire Titanium TDCI and I thought my first post on Team BHP should be a thank you note to your thread. Hope to catch you around Nanakramguda sometime
Congratulations and Welcome to the Club. Glad to know my thread helped in your decision-making

How about you listing out some of your likes and dislikes of the car? A few pictures that you can share here? How much you clocked till now?

Hope to see your ownership thread soon and also bump into you in and around Gachibowli/Himayathnagar area
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 18:46   #188

Quote:
Congratulations and Welcome to the Club. Glad to know my thread helped in your decision-making
=====
Hope to see your ownership thread soon and also bump into you in and around Gachibowli/Himayathnagar area

Glad to be a part of the club.
I have started compiling picture and my thoughts on my ride. I should have the review up in a week or two.
Old 23rd June 2016, 14:04   #189

Quote:

How about you listing out some of your likes and dislikes of the car? A few pictures that you can share here? How much you clocked till now?

Same is the case with me.Have been following your posts and getting my ford figo delivered mostly in the first week of July and this thread is testing my patience as I am unable to wait to get my tiny beast esp after seeing all the fun you have been having in your BB.

The first thing I will certainly be doing after the delivery is the tyre upgrade.
Now,I have 3 options in mind.

Stock : 175/65R14

Option 1 : 185/65r14
Pros : Increased ground clearance
Cons : The overall diameter increase is beyond what experts adviced.

Option 2 : 190/60r14
Pros : Increase in the overall diameter is within the permitted range.
Cons : Not much of a difference in the ground clearance.

Option 3 : 195/60r14
Pros : Increase in the overall diameter is within the permitted range and a little improvement to the GC.

Cons : Wider rubber might hit the body while cornering.?!

Please enlighten me on this.

Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 21:34   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailukitta View Post
Option 2 : 190/60r14
Pros : Increase in the overall diameter is within the permitted range.
Cons : Not much of a difference in the ground clearance...
I doubt you'll ever find a 190 profile tyre. So your best bet is either 185 profile or a 195 profile.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 23:35   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I doubt you'll ever find a 190 profile tyre. So your best bet is either 185 profile or a 195 profile.
So true.Have checked only after you have mentioned.So now I have only 2 options to choose from. In fact, the debate between these 2 options of 185/65 R14 and 195/60 R14 is as old as figo itself.

Though 195mm is sure to add some high speed stability and road grip, will it effect the agility and chuckability?.Will it be an overkill?.

I am quite happy with the 185/65R14 on my swift.But will that quarter century extra power that comes with the figo need little more disciplining through tyres??
sailukitta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 13:58   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am quite happy with the 185/65R14 on my swift.But will that quarter century extra power that comes with the figo need little more disciplining through tyres??
As you might have read on this thread. I have changed my Aspire tyres to 185/65/R14 of Yokohoma Earth and they have been phenomenal till date

There is a huge improvement in all parameters-Ride, Handling, Grip and Noise levels

I'm just suspecting Michelins in above size would give an even better experience
Old 24th June 2016, 14:07   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So true.Have checked only after you have mentioned.So now I have only 2 options to choose from. In fact, the debate between these 2 options of 185/65 R14 and 195/60 R14 is as old as figo itself.

Though 195mm is sure to add some high speed stability and road grip, will it effect the agility and chuckability?.Will it be an overkill?.

My 2 cents;

185 is a correct upsize if you want comfort, almost similar but better handling and feedback as stock size. 185 is what the car should have come with in the first place.

I would say go for 195 if you are going to push the car a lot. Example being hard braking, high speed turns and hurried acceleration.Not that the 185 won't do these, it is more confidence inspiring on with 195.
There will be negatives as well with the 195, like more strain on the steering components on the long run and probably lower mileage.

On my old gen Figo, I ran with the stock 175 for the first couple of months and upsized to 185 which made a world of a difference and now I am on 195 Zlo's just for some fun.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 15:36   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
My 2 cents;

185 is a correct upsize if you want comfort, almost similar but better handling and feedback as stock size. 185 is what the car should have come with in the first place.

I would say go for 195 if you are going to push the car a lot. Example being hard braking, high speed turns and hurried acceleration.Not that the 185 won't do these, it is more confidence inspiring on with 195.
There will be negatives as well with the 195, like more strain on the steering components on the long run and probably lower mileage.

On my old gen Figo, I ran with the stock 175 for the first couple of months and upsized to 185 which made a world of a difference and now I am on 195 Zlo's just for some fun.
Well,in that case 185mm should be good enough for me plus the ground clearance advantage.As Mobike008 pointed out,will prefer Michelin though my only concern about these imported ones, as many pointed out in a no of other threads, is regarding the soft rubber not being suitable for Indian roads. As I travel a lot on ghat roads,I am more concerned about the side wall cracks that many have been complaining about.

Are bridgestones more suitable to the Indian roads?. I can't afford to compromise on the peace of mind that comes with that hard rubber as I travel mostly with my better half. Frankly,this is the first time I am even thinking of upgrading the rubber on any of the cars I've ever used and have very limited idea on this topic. Pardon me if my queries are annoying.
Old 24th June 2016, 16:37   #195
mxh
BHPian

I wouldn't consider "increased ground clearance" a bonus, especially for a sub 4m car. Think carefully before you do that, since you are compromising the handing and safety of the car by allowing more air to flow below the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks