Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2016, 18:27   #241
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
I missed this previously - the right way to defog is to use the A/C, not just the heat. I hope you use the A/C as well when you turn on the heat. In fact, just sending cold, Air conditioned air to the windshield will defog the windshield very effectively as well.
This is correct when the fog is on the inside. Sometimes when it has just rained very heavily, a layer forms in the outside of the glass which will go only with hot AC air.
Old 4th September 2016, 18:40   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
This is correct when the fog is on the inside. Sometimes when it has just rained very heavily, a layer forms in the outside of the glass which will go only with hot AC air.
If the fog is on the outside, isn't it easier to turn on the wipers for one sweep i.e. mist mode?
Old 4th September 2016, 18:46   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
If the fog is on the outside, isn't it easier to turn on the wipers for one sweep i.e. mist mode?
That works but only temporarily - for a few seconds after that sweep. I don't know if it's fog but that layer goes for good only with heat.
Old 6th September 2016, 08:37   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Blue Bombardier comes back from it's 20,000kms service and boy o' boy was this service an adventure or what?

Till date, I never visited the Ford ASC personally and have always got it picked up and delivered back. Since the Ford ASC that I was using (Mudfort Branch) in the past shut down and got merged into another bigger one (Bowenpally) which was much farther to my home

I was on a motorcycle ride yesterday and get a call around 9:00am when I'm riding back on highway and was some 50+kms away from home.

Incidentally, my ride was on same route crossing the Ford ASC (it's on outskirts of city) wherein I cross the service center onward towards the highway.

Despite being 50Kms away on other side, I reached before the driver to home by around 10:15am and handed over the car to him with a list of 10 complaints. Excellent service by driver and thanks to him I saved little money

What happened will get unfold in next post....Keep tuned

Excellent service of keeping the owner updated via. Text messages. Yes, that amount was the final bill. But, what i paid is not that amount

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_8492.png

Aspire/Figo Service Intervals...Important as reference to my next post

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-1.jpg

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-2.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 16:38   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

20,000kms (3rd Paid Service Report) of Blue Bombardier a.k.a Ford Aspire

Here is the adventure of my 20,000kms service

Driver drove off with the car after I listed out 10 complaints/issues to be sorted

1. Slight rattle in front passenger door

2. Refill the Windsheild Wiper water

3. Fix spring action of the boot

4. Reaffix one of the reverse sensors that slightly came out after a biker touched it

5. Fix rear door rubber beading which had come out during a matteress hauling trip

6. 3M Oil to Gear shifter

7. AC Filter replacement (Was cheap so got it replaced instead of cleaned)

8. Fill Nitrogen Air

9. Brake Pads (Remove, Clean and Re-install)

10. Standard Service of replacement of Oil, Oil Filter, Gasket Plug replacement (20K service)

Service advisor calls me at 11:30am and we discuss the above issues and mentions he might not be able to return the car in evening to which I tell him to send me back the car as I gave the car only because of assurance of same day delivery

He consults someone and calls me back and mentions he will deliver late evening which was fine with me. He gives me an estimate of 5.6K and I ask him the break up to which he could not explain. Some details of mandatory work only will be carried out etc. I didn't push him for more details

Driver calls at 7:00pm that he is starting and reaches home in about 45 minutes. I review the bill (attached in the post) and note that there a few things that i did not ask for e.g

1. Engine Waxing
2. Dry Cleaning
3. Brake Bleeding ( I had asked him to clean the pads not sure what they do in bleeding)
4. Brake Fluid replacement

Well as you can see #1-#4 were not asked but, done. When enquired the driver mentions that sales guys have targets and they do lot of unnecessary things to inflate the bill

I decided to not pay for #1 and #2 totalling some INR 775. I was upset and did not want to pay for #3 and #4 as well but, since they were mechanical related I resisted deducting that amount. I'm not even sure if they really carried out this job

Excluded the above and paid INR 4,500/- + INR 100 to the driver for his trouble

Ever since then must have received about 10 calls asking me to pay the amount and offering me free coupons (Free Wash, Wheel Alignment, etc) which i was not interested. Had he mentioned he was carrying out this job, I would have paid the full amount. But, he tried to pull a fast one on me and it bounced back on him !!!

Blue Bombardier now is as good as new. Some of the marked changes :

1. Gear shift action is absolutely butter including reverse gear. Thanks D3mon for your suggestion

2. Spring action they did not fix as excuse given all Aspire's come with same spring action. I didn't want to spend more time on this non-issue

3. Absolutely zero rattle and cabin inside is remarkably silent now

4. AC after the filter replacement chills really really fast

It's time to enjoy this pocket rocket for next 10,000kms

Final bill which was INR 5,275/-

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-1.jpg

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-2.jpg

They give a nice report card that highlights what all tests they carried out. Pretty comprehensive if you see the pen markings. They seem to have taken inspiration from our PDI check list

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-report-card.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 19:43   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yet another feather in the cap of Blue Bombardier

A short write up on how it performed coming up in next post

In the meantime, enjoy a few pics from this trip (And, yeah incidentally it crossed the 18K kms mark too)
Hi.. Please do post more about your Goa trip.Whenever i read your post,I feel like buying an Aspire even though i don't need one .
Yours is definitely one of the best threads for Aspire if not the best one.
rock18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 11:24   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Hi.. Please do post more about your Goa trip.Whenever i read your post,I feel like buying an Aspire even though i don't need one Yours is definitely one of the best threads for Aspire if not the best one.
Thanks for the compliments. I will surely write a brief about my recent goa drive as soon as I get some time

Moving to my thread from official thread as discussing my car's insurance renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
First things first1 Pl ensure whether they are quoting for your TDCi coz here 1st line I see this "Vehicle FORD FIGO ASPIRE AT TIT

P"
An automatic+Petrol Combo. Some thing is not correct here, If I recall correctly yours is TDCi Titanium and the plus (thank a4anurag for wonderful gesture!!!

clap
Yes, I have already highlighted this back to them. Thanks for pointing it out again as it shows keen observation skills

Quote:
2. This, I guess you are very much aware but to put it for benefit of others reading this thread, IDV is fairly simple its 20% of Ex

showroom price in the present context i.e. "Exceeding 1 year but not exceeding 2 years - 20%" more info at this link: https://www.policybazaar.com/motor-<...red-value-idv/
I think that's incorrect. I beileve IDV is calculated as follows (Taken a hyphothetical example of 10 lakhs ex-showroom value)

Insurance when issued on a brand new car of 10 lakhs ex-showroom price. IDV value is taken 5% of this ex-showroom. Therefore IDV value will be 9.5 Lakhs

1st year renewal will be calculated at 10% of last year IDV value which will be ~ 8.55 Lakhs

2nd year renewal will be calculated at 20% of 8.55 Lakhs IDV value which will be ~ 6.85 Lakhs

So and so forth....

Quote:
3. NCB varies from person to person and max is capped at 50% basis my understanding and I had transferred my earlier NCB of 50% and holding

on to same this year too
This again is incorrect. NCB is decided by IRDA including the cap. Below is the NCB given assuming there are no claims in previous year

1st Year : Max 20%

2nd Year : Max 25%

3rd Year : Max 35%

4th Year : Max 45%

5th Year : Max 50%

After 5th year, it continues to remain at 50% maximum.

Quote:
4. I am not too sure about this "Bundle Add-on Premium" at eye popping 8543+ taxes.
Here is the explaination of each of these covers

Depreciation Reimbursement : In simple terms, Zero Dep

Consumable Expenses : Reimbursement of expenses related to consumables like oil,nuts, bolts etc which otherwise is not covered (Not sure how true this is)

Return to Invoice : If the car is totaled, it is not paid on depreciated value but, will be paid on the ex-showroom value of the car + all taxes that you paid on top of that like registration etc

Engine Protector : In the event of natural disasters like earthquakes, floods wherein the engine is severely affected/seized then insurer will pay for the repair/replacement charges

Key Cover : If you lose your keys it will be covered under this clause

Road Side Assistance : IRDA's new policy is to ensure every vehicle gets free RSA for first 2 years. Hence, this is a moot benefit

Above seems like a complete peace of mind but, at an expensive premium.

However, I decided to skip the above and requested for a new quote from the insurer (Tata AIG) with only Nip Depreciation as the additional cover

They reverted back with following quote

I'm going ahead with the simple standard comprehensive insurance

Btw, I was told that 73% is the highest discount you can get on the original quote
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-insurance-quote.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 9th September 2016 at 11:27.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 11:41   #248
BHPian

Thanks for detailed post.

Quote:
I'm going ahead with the simple standard comprehensive insurance

Btw, I was told that 73% is the highest discount you can get on the original quote
Congrats for "super fast" decision!!! Just like Aspire TDCi!!!

Regarding clarifications on IDV, thanks for pointing out.

Regarding NCB, that is true and and I must have explicitly put out year wise figures for more clarity!

Enjoy TDCi-ing!!!
novicefreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 20:02   #249
BHPian

Quote:

How do you get a 73% discount! Your quote with 20% NCB matches what I got with a 65% NCB from Tata AIG
Old 12th September 2016, 08:13   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is surprising, your Aspire does not come with a DEFROST button? Can you share a picture of your front console?
Here's my manual AC control panel - bland.

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-20160904_194333.jpg
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 09:23   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This again is incorrect. NCB is decided by IRDA including the cap. Below is the NCB given assuming there are no claims in previous year

1st Year : Max 20%

2nd Year : Max 25%

3rd Year : Max 35%

4th Year : Max 45%

5th Year : Max 50%

After 5th year, it continues to remain at 50% maximum.
Incidentally, the only exception to the 50% maximum is for those who had renewed their policies between July 1, 2002 and June 30, 2003 and had accumulated an NCB of 55% or 65%, as per the tariff prevailing before July 1, 2002. Such people are allowed to use and carry forward this higher NCB until there is a claim under their policy.

Post the claim, the NCB will reduce to zero and after that the current NCB grid will come into force at policy renewals for such policyholders too.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 09:55   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Here's my manual AC control panel - bland.
You can defog your windshield using a 3-step procedure which does the same thing as the red defog button on the ACC:
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-20160904_194333.jpg
  1. 1. Enable fresh air mode / disable recirculation mode
  2. 2. Turn the temperature knob to the warm side
  3. 3. Turn the direction control to the rightmost position, with the windshield icon
This will blow hot air over the windshield, which will evaporate the moisture formed.

The other way of removing fog from the inside is to turn on the AC until the temperature inside the car matches the outside - this will prevent fogging of the windshield and other windows, but can be very uncomfortable due to the cold in the car.
arunphilip is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 14:06   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
You can defog your windshield using a 3-step procedure
That's how I do it, as I have posted here a few posts back.

I also try to teach this to others as I've realized a lot of people don't know how to defog their windscreens correctly. Their solution is to roll down the windows a bit even in heavy rains - which explains the sale of window visors
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 15:32   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
You can defog your windshield using a 3-step procedure which does the same thing as the red defog button on the ACC:
  1. 1. Enable fresh air mode / disable recirculation mode
  2. 2. Turn the temperature knob to the warm side
  3. 3. Turn the direction control to the rightmost position, with the windshield icon
This will blow hot air over the windshield, which will evaporate the moisture formed.

The other way of removing fog from the inside is to turn on the AC until the temperature inside the car matches the outside -
If fogging is too high to go away with the above mentioned steps, I turn on the ac after step 1,2 and 3. That is, turning the ac on while the air is directed towards the windshield, airflow set to fresh air mode and the temperature knob set to hot. This works even when the airflow is set to recirculation mode.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 15:36   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
If fogging is too high to go away with the above mentioned steps, I turn on the ac after step 1,2 and 3. That is, turning the ac on while the air is directed towards the windshield, airflow set to fresh air mode and the temperature knob set to hot. This works even when the airflow is set to recirculation mode.
Excellent point! The AC dehumidifies the air (i.e. removes moisture). By doing so, it reduces the amount of water vapour available to condense.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks