Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2007, 13:11   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_moorthy View Post
NIce review !!. I have done 12500 Kms. I also understand that you have replaced the Head lamps. Did you have to insatll a cut out when you changed the lamps. How much did you pay for the lamps
Arun, Glad you liked my review. Are you still running on your stock lights? If yes, then please change it soon. Yes, you need a cut out for installing higher wattage bulbs. Phillips blue vision is great

I paid 1.5K for bulbs + Cut-out
Old 29th January 2007, 13:15   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp 1 View Post
#mobike008 - That's a real cool review. And boy, its been just 3.75 months, and you've already driven her places. That is fun !
Hey, get those rims replaced by alloys (R14) and a boarder set of tyres.
It will compliment the looks of the car and it's brilliant red.
Thanks, I know my mobile pics arent doing justice to the brilliant red and regarding tyres, as mentioned will replace them to potenzas by this year end. Want to drive for a year with stocks to really enjoy the pleasure of broader tyres later on
Old 29th January 2007, 14:08   #18
BHPian

he avi! thats a great review u have put up here! good on ya! happy u are enjoying ur drive real good!
Old 30th January 2007, 11:00   #19
BHPian

Hey Avinash,
Nice Review, inspised me to write my car Review in some days. Aint good at it, though, i l try my best.

I know Accent Viva is a gr8 car to drive, execpt for its rattling sound in idle at traffic signals....

How can we ever feel that sound having that music in your car?

I drive Viva CRDI alot, its tapping torque is coool.....
Old 6th February 2007, 23:04   #20
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic review man. Obviously you are damn satisfied... and it shows. You probably got the last of the few Vivas... Its an amazing car. Except for that slightly noisy engine (3 pot kaa kamaal), which is anyhow no big deal for any diesel head, its really superlatives all the way.

In 4 months you have definitely covered some distance. Another sign of your satisfaction and driveability of the car. By the way Hyd-Goa-Hyd was 2300kms?!! How? Which route did you take buddy? I am myself planning a trip to Goa next month.
Old 7th February 2007, 13:15   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
In 4 months you have definitely covered some distance. Another sign of your satisfaction and driveability of the car. By the way Hyd-Goa-Hyd was 2300kms?!! How? Which route did you take buddy? I am myself planning a trip to Goa next month.
Zappo, thanks for your appreciation. Check your pm, sent a detailed message on routes.

HYD-GOA-HYD: 1600KM
Local: 700KM over 6 days, we did cover every inch of goa
Old 15th May 2007, 15:40   #22
BHPian

Hey mobike008,

I did Hyd-Pune-Hyd over the weekend.
Mileage Hyd-Pune (ac on 90%) - 18kmpl
Mileage Pune-Hyd(ac off) - 22kmpl
I'm sure I would have touched 23 kmpl on the return, but the traffic on the Pune - Solhapur stretch was a bummer. Didn't get any open road on this stretch. The Solhapur - Hyd stretch was a beauty. Was able to touch 120kmph.
Now I'm praying they split that road soon. I can see that they're working on it in the AP stretch, but no signs of road work in MH part.
The car now has ~ 12000 km on the odometer. Have changed oil and filters at 6000 and 11000 km.
Old 15th May 2007, 16:23   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis View Post
Hey mobike008,

I did Hyd-Pune-Hyd over the weekend.
Mileage Hyd-Pune (ac on 90%) - 18kmpl
Mileage Pune-Hyd(ac off) - 22kmpl
I'm sure I would have touched 23 kmpl on the return, but the traffic on the Pune - Solhapur stretch was a bummer. Didn't get any open road on this stretch. The Solhapur - Hyd stretch was a beauty. Was able to touch 120kmph.
Now I'm praying they split that road soon. I can see that they're working on it in the AP stretch, but no signs of road work in MH part.
The car now has ~ 12000 km on the odometer. Have changed oil and filters at 6000 and 11000 km.
That was a pretty good mileage that you extracted. I got the best mileage till date was 20.5kmpl on a scorching trip to Basar ( 430kms in 6.5 hours) and my city mileage is about 14kmpl, never got even 15kmpl till date , i am always changing gears at 2k-2.5K rpms and above that too sometimes.

I have 9k on the odo and did the second service with oil change at 8K and plan to do the 3rd service at about 15K-16K.

Whats your city mileage?
Old 15th May 2007, 17:56   #24
Team-BHP Support

arre yaar guys... ek baat bataao. what is the kind of price we pay for a CRDi Accent now in hyderabad? I think Viva is not available anymore... The site still shows the old rate (pre-verna days) of 6.92lacs for Accent CRDi and 6.78lacs for Viva CRDi. I believe nowadays it is available for much lesser. Any ideas on this?
Old 15th May 2007, 18:02   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
arre yaar guys... ek baat bataao. what is the kind of price we pay for a CRDi Accent now in hyderabad? I think Viva is not available anymore... The site still shows the old rate (pre-verna days) of 6.92lacs for Accent CRDi and 6.78lacs for Viva CRDi. I believe nowadays it is available for much lesser. Any ideas on this?
Yes, i have noticed it too.

Firstly, both models are not available for sale. However, i still see some T/R registration cars recently in hyderabad. Either they are selling these models to only few well known customers or just clearing the stock as per priority of bookings. Our tbhp member, Suren was looking for a viva crdi, he was told, no stock and no more production.

In either case, both these cars are not openly available for sale.
Old 15th May 2007, 18:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Great heartfelt review. My only observation is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
What is wow!!
Power, Power, Power, need I say more? The more I drive, the more I get addicted to this car. Pulling power of this car is astounding etc etc
Quote:
Wish list
Blah
Blah
Another 16bhp (going to fit a tuning box in near future)
Some more torque (hope it won’t do any wheels spins)
etc etc
Proof that mankind is always greedy for more.
Old 15th May 2007, 18:53   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Great heartfelt review. My only observation is:

Proof that mankind is always greedy for more.
Thanks for your kind words. After all even i am a human being so the greed is but natural
Old 15th May 2007, 19:26   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, i have noticed it too.

Firstly, both models are not available for sale. However, i still see some T/R registration cars recently in hyderabad. Either they are selling these models to only few well known customers or just clearing the stock as per priority of bookings. Our tbhp member, Suren was looking for a viva crdi, he was told, no stock and no more production.

In either case, both these cars are not openly available for sale.
Is that so? I was under the impression that they stopped the Viva CRDi and Viva petrol along with Accent GLS. However the GLE and CRDi Accent is still available. In fact as you said, although brand new Vivas have stopped being sighted but fresh out of the showroom Accent CRDi cars are seen regularly on the roads!
Old 15th May 2007, 20:00   #29
Team-BHP Support

great review man, which brand of fuel do you use?
Old 15th May 2007, 20:03   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
great review man, which brand of fuel do you use?
Thanks Jaggu. I use the normal diesel from HP. Planning to try the normal diesel from IOC and BP to see if any change in mileage.

No pumps from IOC in my driving vicinity

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks