Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2007, 12:37   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Accent Viva Crdi- 6000kms Ownership Report

Well, it’s been a wonderful and ecstatic 4 month journey with my red Viva CRDi, I treated her well and she too reciprocated back real nicely and hope this affair goes on for a long time.

I drove on a pretty mixed city and highway conditions and I just cannot stop getting amazed at its highway performance. I feel it’s a real pity driving in city as you need to really control the urge to pedal the metal. This car feels absolutely at home on highways and its power (Awesome), ride (Good) and handling (Good) is proven on highways. Overtaking is absolute joy and many times I mentally smile by thinking of the look of disbelief of other drivers when I overtake them and disappear within a few seconds from their sight

Over this period, I have continuously tested this car on all aspects throwing the worst at it and it just comes back stronger.

Performance

Power is available in all gears and due to its short throwing gearshift, it’s a pleasure to throw it in fast shifts and never miss a gear. Had some problems initially when reverse wasn’t working that well, now it’s perfectly fine.

I feel the power is really peak in 3rd gear and the stab in the back that you get is mind boggling and the same punch is sometimes felt in 4th gear as well.

Handling

I have taken many dangerous curves at high speeds to test its handling and was amazed to feel that I am gripped to my seat like glue and this improves if you have some passengers but may not be its best if driving alone.

Ride

I also drove over some real rough patches on a few highway drives to test its ride and results are not too bad. There is definitely some uncomfortable ness when the road vibrations are transmitted but, it ain’t that bad too

I am giving this feedback in a similarly simplistic way as a fellow tbhpian:-

Details on usage
3.75 months old,
Odometer Reading
6100KMS
Daily
Approximately 30km
Weekends
100km-150km

Out-Station Trips till date
HYD-GULBARGA-HYD
550KM
HYD-GOA-HYD
2300KM
HYD-NAGARJUNSAGAR-HYD
330KM
HYD-BASAR-HYD
420KM

Mileage –City (Before 4000Kms)
13kmpl to 14 kmpl (30%-40% AC)

Mileage –City (After 4000Kms)
14.5kmpl to 15.50 kmpl (30%-40% AC)

Mileage- Highway (Before 4000 Kms)
16.5kmpl to 17.5 Kmpl (100% AC)

Mileage- Highway (After 4000 Kms)
19.5Kmpl (100% AC) doing very high speeds. During this fill, touched a personal best record of covering 56kms in 30 mins flat!!!!

Major problems till date
Fuel Indicator not showing properly. It is not yet rectified due to my hectic schedule and time constraints. I intend to get this rectified in my next service by asking them to replace the float of the fuel system

Minor problems
Auto-cut off indicators doesn’t turn off immediately. It will turn off only after the steering completes almost full rotation. Strange, don’t know if the feature of car is like that or a problem with mine.

Comfort
Extremely High

Ride
Extremely comfortable, the back gets a little uncomfortable on rough patches but, nothing so much to worry about

Punctures till date
1 (Rear left side) due to a big steel nail

Cleaning schedule

Cleaner’s Job
Daily wet cloth wipes and washes tyres. Twice in a week clean the interiors (mats, seats, complete dusting).

My job
Once a month, I wax the car thoroughly to maintain the gleam and shine and also to ensure that my weight is reduced to a slight extent

Bumps and scratches
Only one nasty scratch on the front left door, that I promptly got painted.

Next (second) service due
@8000km. Manual says 10,000km

Run-in process
Avoided > 100kmph and > 2500 RPM for first 3000Km. After 3000 Km, revved it to redline and in all gears

Driving style (City)
Very fast and always looking to overtake but, always smoothly and not in spurts and bursts. AC turned on only if I am driving between 11:00AM to 8:00PM. Otherwise, I prefer gazing and leering at my fellow drivers with my windows down. Also, I feel claustrophobic with windows continuously shut

Driving Style (Highway)
I keep up very high speeds on highways and touched 175kmph and my average speed is 120kmph-130kmph (provided the roads allow me too). AC turned on 100% during highway drives.

Could be better
Handbrake is quite loose and need to pull it all the way up to get it functioning its best.
Would have liked seatbelt indicator
Getting in and out of the car is a hurdle since I am quite tall. It has the low seating profile
Rear view mirror is too close to the face
ABS should be part of the package but, it’s not even an option. Brakes are quite nice, but don’t instill confidence on high speeds. There is a creaking sound from brakes when stopped in downhill or gradient. Need to check this up during my next service

What is wow!!
Power, Power, Power, need I say more? The more I drive, the more I get addicted to this car. Pulling power of this car is astounding and especially steep roads ( Hyderabad has quite a few- As a matter of fact, Hyderabad is all ups and downs roads) it effortlessly climbs these steeps in 4th gear sometimes even in 5th gear.

Handling is also superb, with just stock tyres; I never felt any scary situation. I have done steep turnings at 80kmph. There is one on Road No. 1, Banjara Hills on way to Jubilee Hills, I love that curve, very curvy and almost 250 Degrees

AC chills you to the bones

Wish list
Dimmer Lights
Boot Opener on remote
Another 16bhp (going to fit a tuning box in near future)
Some more torque (hope it won’t do any wheels spins)
Lights weren’t that strong, so replaced the stock (55/60) with Phillips Blue Vision (90/100) and now we are talking

Overall I really love this car and the most fun-loving car to drive. Like they said somewhere, “this car is meant to be driven not being drived” I will update this report after another 5000KMS

Future upgrades during this year

Fatter Rubbers (Potenzas III), Tuning Box, Free Flow and Better Igniters!!!
Old 27th January 2007, 13:19   #2
BHPian

Great fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Well, it’s been a wonderful and ecstatic 4 month journey with my red Viva CRDi, I treated her well and she too reciprocated back real nicely and hope this affair goes on for a long time.

What is wow!!
Power, Power, Power, need I say more? The more I drive, the more I get addicted to this car. Pulling power of this car is astounding and especially steep roads ( Hyderabad has quite a few- As a matter of fact, Hyderabad is all ups and downs roads) it effortlessly climbs these steeps in 4th gear sometimes even in 5th gear.

Handling is also superb, with just stock tyres; I never felt any scary situation. I have done steep turnings at 80kmph. There is one on Road No. 1, Banjara Hills on way to Jubilee Hills, I love that curve, very curvy and almost 250 Degrees

AC chills you to the bones

Wish list
Dimmer Lights
Boot Opener on remote
Lights weren’t that strong, so replaced the stock (55/60) with Phillips Blue Vision (90/100) and now we are talking

Overall I really love this car and the most fun-loving car to drive. Like they said somewhere, “this car is meant to be driven not being drived” I will update this report after another 5000KMS

Future upgrades during this year

Fatter Rubbers (Potenzas III), Tuning Box, Free Flow and Better Igniters!!!
Good review Avinash. You are getting full pleasure of driving. A diesel power house is the right fit for your driving style and distances you travel. I think hand brake needs some adjustment to make it tight. There may be a section in your manual saying how many clicks are suggested to engage the hand brake well.

Your rear seat passengers must be having a tough time, especially the ones behind driver.

What are the stock tires you run on, 185/60R13 ?? How do you find going above 3K RPM at high speeds, does the pull drop down compared to lower RPM band ? Do you find enough power surge for overtaking above 100+ KMPH ? good pix, of course the car and interior look better outside than in pictures.

Checked your bhp garage pix too. Your car has a good interior, worth a few more pix.

Last edited by sreenivass : 27th January 2007 at 13:24.
Old 27th January 2007, 13:30   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Sreenivas,

Stock tyres are 175/70 R13 which isnt that adequate but plan to use it for a year then replace with better tyres.

The power surge is there in from 1800K-3000K rpm range. Best part of this car is, if i need to say overtake somebody when i am 100kmph-120kmph, i dont even downshift from 5th, just press the pedal a bit and i am ahead in no time

Sorry about the pics, they were taken from my mobile phone, i know the red of the car is just so amazing in real. Will update my garage pics after i get help from somebody ( read kkrk2 ) to click some good pics with a nice digicam
Old 27th January 2007, 13:46   #4
BHPian

team BHP stickers

Quote:
Thanks Sreenivas,

Stock tyres are 175/70 R13 which isnt that adequate but plan to use it for a year then replace with better tyres.

The power surge is there in from 1800K-3000K rpm range. Best part of this car is, if i need to say overtake somebody when i am 100kmph-120kmph, i dont even downshift from 5th, just press the pedal a bit and i am ahead in no time

Sorry about the pics, they were taken from my mobile phone, i know the red of the car is just so amazing in real. Will update my garage pics after i get help from somebody ( read kkrk2 ) to click some good pics with a nice digicam
Hey I observed but forgot to ask, where did you get those team-bhp stickers. If you don't mind, may be you can get some for others in the next team-bhp meet.
Old 27th January 2007, 14:11   #5
BHPian

Thanks Avinash for your PM.It is good to hear that you are happy with your new found red love.And most importantly she is reciprocating it.In most of my known cases one gets bored with the diesel machie after some time and becomes petrol headers.But,I amsure you will stick to your love.
And what about your ICEing?Please fix some pics in your next mail.Wish you a very happy time with your viva but only with a note of caution.Be careful about revving her too much.In the same Nagarjun Sagar highway I know about accidents where the whole family was washed out only to save a dog.So,dear be careful.Regards.
Old 27th January 2007, 15:14   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Boy, thats some detailed review. I can tell you are smitten by the fabulous torque thats inherent to diesels.

How do you find the back seat in the Viva?
Old 27th January 2007, 15:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

Very comprehensive review. That CRDi powerplant is the sole reason why I like Hyundai these days. That torque is addictive. What tyres are you using currently?
Old 27th January 2007, 15:22   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Boy, thats some detailed review. I can tell you are smitten by the fabulous torque thats inherent to diesels.

How do you find the back seat in the Viva?
Thanks GTO, I am completely smitten by its torque . Back seat is pretty ok space wise, if the front seats are pulled a little front. However, under thigh support is not that good. My mom was there in back seat during the Gulbarga trip and she found it quite comfortable

I sat for over 200kms in back seat while my cousin was driving during our trip to goa, i am was quite comfortable except for slight road vibrations transmitted when on rough patches, otherwise no complaints

@Sreenivas, i got the stickers custom job. PM me for more details.
Old 27th January 2007, 15:23   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Very comprehensive review. That CRDi powerplant is the sole reason why I like Hyundai these days. That torque is addictive. What tyres are you using currently?
Thanks Dippy, I am still on my stock ( Bridgestones 175/70R 13), only changed the rims to same size imported chrome alloys
Old 27th January 2007, 16:18   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Forgot to add : Any car with a Team-BHP sticker ROCKS!
Old 27th January 2007, 19:48   #11
BHPian

any possibility of getting more stickers mobike ??
Old 29th January 2007, 12:08   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
You can get stickers made from any local shop which deals with computerized number plates.

#mobike008 - That's a real cool review. And boy, its been just 3.75 months, and you've already driven her places. That is fun !
Hey, get those rims replaced by alloys (R14) and a boarder set of tyres.
It will compliment the looks of the car and it's brilliant red.

Last edited by scorp 1 : 29th January 2007 at 12:20.
Old 29th January 2007, 12:09   #13
BHPian

Hey Mobike008,

That's a very nice and detailed review man. You have covered almost all the aspects. You covered 6k in 3.5 months, that's amazing man. Way to go....CRDi is real addictive and you need not worry much about the fuel bills either with those decent figures you are getting.
Old 29th January 2007, 12:11   #14
BHPian

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp 1 View Post
You can get stickers made from any local shop which deals with compterized number plates.

#mobike008 - That's a real cool review. And boy, its been just 3.75 months, and you've already driven her places. That is fun !
Hey, get those rims replaced by alloys (R14) and a boarder set of tyres.
It will compliment the looks of the car and it's brilliant red.
Thanks for the info mobike & scorp_1. As I have never got such things done before I was not sure. I'll take your clues and go forward. That was a real cool sticker..
Old 29th January 2007, 12:28   #15

Quote:

Wish list
Dimmer Lights
Boot Opener on remote

NIce review !!. I have done 12500 Kms. I also understand that you have replaced the Head lamps. Did you have to insatll a cut out when you changed the lamps. How much did you pay for the lamps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks