Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2007, 10:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Silky Smooth Petrol Innova G3 - Now Sold!

Hi Team,

Review about my Innova G3 Blue Petrol!

Please visit http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/375926-post56.html
to read why I picked up Innova.

Why Petrol: I roam a lot but average yearly travel distance is around 14,000Km maximum so Petrol makes lot of sense not bothered about resale value. I felt brand new Innova is overpirced so searched for used Innova for months and decided to buy this blue one in November 2006 although this color is closed dark colors look great with Innova!

I purchased Innova in last week of november 2006, and car had clocked 8400km, within a week done with 1st service. I had noticed while buying this car jack is missing. so I have baught that during 1st service.

1st Service bill -> RS 5300/- (Jack (aprox rs. 2900), mud flaps (rs. 400), Oil change and 5 tyre rotation/balancing/alignment(aprox. rs. 2000 ) )

Accessories : After 1st service made a list of accessories I need and did some enquiry and here is the list and price:

Rear bumper -> 2200/-
Antena -> 375/-
Fog Lamps -> 4800/-
Rear Spoiler -> 4200/-
Foot Steps -> 5600/-
Biege color cotton Seat Covers -> 3200/- soon might buy pink/orange too
Cooling Paper -> 3200/-
JVC MP3 Player Remote -> 600/-
Big Sticker -> 1900/-
Extra Foot Mats -> 600/-
Deoderant -> 250/-
Glass Cleaner (Vista): 60 rs.

Total cost for the car, Accessories, 1st service has come nearly 7 lacs.

I have baught quality accessories since I know few good accessories shops in bangalore. Now this car looks awesome, my driver cleans and washes it very well regularly. Once in a month he clean interiors with amway shampoo/brush/vacuum cleaner. All members in my family liked this car very well. Its easy to drive even in congested traffic as well. It has great pick up no need to down shift too much. We travelled on highways between Bangalore - kokre bellur, bangalore - chitradurga - sirsi - ankola, also driven this in western ghats/hilly areas. I can see toyota seems to be understanding roads world wide. Even with full load car has great pick up and comfort.

Tyre pressure: 35psi rear, 34psi front when driven just 1km.

Fuel Economy: 7.5 to 8kmpl in bangalore city use based on if AC is off/on, 10.5 to 11kmpl on highway with AC off/on. So far always filled full tank, from here ownards decided to fill only till auto cutoff.

+ve points: Great refinement, quality every where, door close/open so sweet, very nice suspension, sedan type driving pleasure even in congested traffic, great highway cruiser, aerodynamic, very much spacious, good boot too, can fit many accessories so customize it to look nice and many more +ve points just can't type everything.

-ve points: One can't find any thing wrong with toyota Cars. few issues I noticed After driving in bad roads window glasses vibration sound, if driven in bad roads forsometime suspension needs checking and bringing
into show room conditions for every 3000KM I feel. Its common in every car but I feel Safari scores better in ride comfort/suspension among all indian cars for bad roads. few guys reported battery issues with Innova.
Few reported tyre issues I don't have any such issues so far. Performance not like Safari nor Scorpio in hill areas I feel Innova ask for 1st gear sometimes. I feel toyota has not done enough testing for indian roads
mainly for sharp curves and steep hill roads. But all these aspects nothing major. Maruti is very very talented in giving much needed few feayures like OVRM/electirc mirrors.. but Innova comes with mannually adjustable
mirrors except for top end model. No foot rest next to clutch. there are such minor missing things but nothing major.

So far in 3 months I traveled around 3000KM out of which 50% city use.

No modfications done so far wrt filter etc.. I may try K and N air filter in 1 year down the line.

In begining Fuel Bunk guys never agree when I ask for Petrol, they double check to make sure its Petrol. Now anyway they are used to it after I visited more than once!

So far I have filled fuel only n 4 places -> Shell Mysore road(4 times), HP near davangere (only once... 25ltr petrol), BP Nagarbhavi (5 times) and BP Near Gokarna cross (3 times) on NH17.

Please visit my photo gallery to see the pictures of the car!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indiancarpicture-602.html

I will add more pictures soon.

Over all I am satisfied with this car. Innova is one car which gives everything what owner expects!

Best Regards,

Ravi.

PS Any suggestions welcome I can answer/add more details to it. Sorry for the TYPO guys I am in a hurry to write this review.

Last edited by ravibhat : 18th February 2007 at 10:14.
ravibhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2007, 21:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice detailed review.You really love your car.

Regarding driving on the hills,its more to do with the petrol engine characteristics,the diesel innova owners are quite happy actually with its performance on the hills.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 18th February 2007 at 21:17.
Old 18th February 2007, 22:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thank you,
I can see your valid point Rahul about Diesel Innova which has better ability to climb the hill, I noticed couple of Diesel Innova going easily on steep roads and also they over took my car within no time!

May be my driver was too slow as well lol

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 20th February 2007, 09:43   #4
BHPian

Nics pictures and review. Love the color.. Have fun and keep writing.

With Regards,
Sumit
Old 20th February 2007, 13:17   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice review and a very well maintained car. I stumped to know toyota discontinued such a lovely color
Old 20th February 2007, 13:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nice review. Our boss has one in the same colour and it looks great too. Do you drive it often or its done by your driver ?
Old 20th February 2007, 18:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey Thanks Team! When I asked my relative who works for Toyota says they discontiued this color after many customers complained saying its difficult to maintain! I do agree any small scratch will look big on dark colors.

But according to me Innova looks good with dark colors.

Always my driver drives it, He uses Amway Shampo, glass cleaner, many stuffs to keep the car neat and clean. Thats why his visiting I printed for him says his Designation "Office Pilot". I expect him to maintain my car better than plane! He is very lucky to drive Omni->Santro->Swift->Innova
just in 4 years.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 19th March 2007, 01:05   #8
cnu
BHPian

Ravi,

I heard that the tyres need to be replaced at about 20-25K kms. How true is this ? Is there is any suggestion made in the owners manual by Toyota ?

Thanks
Old 19th March 2007, 12:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Accoding to Toyota, tyres will last for at least 40,000kms, what I heard is
Bridgestone tyres work great with Innova.

Goodyear tyres not so great, yes more complaints heard from toyota owners with goodyear.

2 weeks back I noticed bulge portion with rear left goodyear tyre of my Innova and sent that to showroom for checkup. They said in couple of weeks they will get back to me if they can replace it or repair it.

I have seen Innova tyres still going strong after clocking 40,000kms may be it depends on the roads we use to commute etc..

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 12th April 2007, 20:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

Just continuing this thread

This is about Intermediate service I decided to do at 13600km. I did my first my service at 8600km and decided to do service this week although expected rain in bangalore but planed to go head and serviced it.

I usually service my cars once they clock 5000km. Took appointment from Ravindu Toyota and gave them list fo things I want them to check.

Regular check up with the list and toping up the stuffs under the bonnet and Full Wash in and out (wash and vaccum).They did fair job and bill came around 618 rs including tax. They addressed all the stuffs I asked for.

While taking the delivery I had to wait for 1 hr although I went 1 hr late after calling them and they said car is ready.

Talked in loud/bad voice with them there because they checked my patience waiting waitng waiting and I called their Manager and he realized in 10 minute I will create some damage on their image and addressed my case in 5 minutes and then had a in door meeting with him with suggestions.

He agreed on training Service Advisors once in every week and bringing all the points I mentioned. Anyway its good at the end of the day work is done.

Their few of Service Advisors came from TATA, FORD etc.. so no suprise for that attitude.

I advised hm to pull few guys from MUL team because according to me MUL employees are excellant in attending customers but lack of quality and no luxury product I hate MUL.

He smiled and agreed on If Toyota dealers improve customer service their customers will be more happy since already they have great quality cars.

Over all I am happy with Ravindu Toyota and Innova. Almost every car has glass rattling which is present in Innova/Corrolla as well. Main reason indian bad road.
They fixed glass noice for some extent.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 12th April 2007 at 20:39.
Old 14th April 2007, 09:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ravi...

"if driven in bad roads forsometime suspension needs checking and bringing
into show room conditions for every 3000KM I feel." .. this is little scarry ... fixing the shocks every 3000 kms would be a pain..it does not sound practical.....i feel bolero is a better vehicle in that case know many who have been using it on all kinds of raods withy lil maintainence....even i was planning to go for innova after somepoint of time.. since i use car mostly on hi way.... this has made me think...
Old 14th April 2007, 11:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hi Lohitrao,

What I mean is its common with every car because of bad indian roads including Bolero, show room guys checked and told me there is no problem with suspension at all no leaks. My Innova came with goodyear tyres which are not so good. I need to upgrade my tyres soon.

If you plan to go for Innova go head its great car!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 6th August 2007, 17:50   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hello Team,

I am back with My Silky Smooth Petrol Innova - 8 months of experience and very soon will be posting the detailed report about this.

For now I would request you to read cost of ownership for this Car. Please follow this link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/523494-post21.html

Untill then take care bye!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 12th December 2007, 21:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hi Team,

I have completed 1 year of travelling, covered around 14,000km which involve 40% highway travelling.

Only issue so far bad tyres. Already 1 tyre has bulged portion so kept it as stepney and another tyre is loosing its shape so rotated it.

Added few accessories: K&N filter cost: 5500/- and phillips 90/100 h4 bulbs.

I am done with 2 free services and future services will be paid ones.

so far 2 puctures costing 146/- rs each with 4 hours wait in toyota service centre Ravindu toyota.

What I noticed is even service due with respect to 1 year or 10,000km is coming I enver feel car needs service, so this is mirror to good quality and brand name of Toyota.

FE fugures: between 7 and 11 in city/highway driving conditions with AC on. Shell is best fuel so far I tried. i noticed when I fill Shell Premium I get nearly 1km extra as FE.

I will post few pictures soon.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 12th December 2007, 21:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
few guys reported battery issues with Innova.
Tell me about it. We've had battery issues atleast 5-6 times already (infact, the battery is down as i type this post) LOL. Seriously, need to get a better one. Which one do you guys suggest?

Shan2nu
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks