Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2007, 19:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hey abhi, good review, congrats on those alloys and tires man, looks cool, keep driving.
Old 15th May 2007, 19:27   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Abhi,

Thats more comprehensive than Maruti's datasheets - good writeup
Old 15th May 2007, 19:57   #18
Team-BHP Support

good review and excellent write up. my suggestion do the mods for power and keep the looks stock
Old 15th May 2007, 20:37   #19
BHPian

Abhi,
Good review, really admire you for accounting your Car expenses and milage in such a detailed fashion.
Looking forward for some more "Lets go trip" from you.
Keep travelling and keep enjoying your Alto.
Old 16th May 2007, 01:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thats a very well written review.
Nice choice of colour for the car.

Godfather
Old 16th May 2007, 01:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hey man good review i am thinking of writting about my alto to its done about 60K in about4 years
Old 16th May 2007, 06:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
good review and excellent write up. my suggestion do the mods for power and keep the looks stock
I will try to do that....

Abhi
Old 16th May 2007, 07:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
WOW! That was fantastic Roy!!. Excellent report. The Fuel data is great. How do u manage to keep such details (I see there are other sheets too). I too own an Alto 2005 Lxi (New Shape) and keep records of maintanance and expenditure but never did with the Petrol part. May be I should do so now.
B'Lore - Kolkata was a bold trip to make. I had been planning for a TVM - Pune trip in my Alto for some time but couldnt make it so far. I was apprehensive about the outcome since I have to drive alone all the way. Perhaps I'll rethink once wifey gets her driving license.
Dhar's, It hardly takes a minute to do it. I always fill petrol on a weekend or a day before a long trip (when I am not in hurry) and before 7AM, immediately write the distance covered in the slip itself while in Shell...and copy it in the excel on reaching home....

As for multiple fills during long journeys, I keep on adding the amount of fuel put in and finally fill in from the same fuel pump/pipe after return either during return or the next day. Net fuel and total distance give me the gross mileage of the entire trip...

Regarding ur trip to TVM, just do it boss, you can very well do it single handed driving. Take adequate breaks. You have the option of coastal highway and pass through breathtaking scenaries and enjoy the drive...

Abhi
Old 16th May 2007, 10:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Regarding ur trip to TVM, just do it boss, you can very well do it single handed driving. Take adequate breaks. You have the option of coastal highway and pass through breathtaking scenaries and enjoy the drive...

Abhi
Hi Roy,
This Aug-Sep, I'll sure give it a try. Hope to post it in travelouge too. My only concern is that since I'm 6'1", Ive no clue about fatigue factor.

Regarding, Fuel data, I'm inspired. Ive already started working on it. I need to to be organised now.

G'day
Old 16th May 2007, 11:28   #25
BANNED

Wow!
It's a nice writeup. Enjoyed reading it.
Well done.
Old 16th May 2007, 11:30   #26
Senior - BHPian

Well done AK!!! Nice writeup & review!
Old 16th May 2007, 11:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Well maintained log shows that the owner really cares for the car as well as where the buck is going. good review akroy.
cheers
Old 16th May 2007, 11:55   #28
Team-BHP Support

Nice writeup Abhi...
I also follow a similar maintenance of record for my Ikon. Will put it up when i finally write my LTR.

I really love that colour on the ALto. It also happens to be the most popular Alto colour in Kerala, where nearly all Altos you see belong to that shade.
Old 16th May 2007, 12:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
Hi Roy,
This Aug-Sep, I'll sure give it a try. Hope to post it in travelouge too. My only concern is that since I'm 6'1", Ive no clue about fatigue factor.

Regarding, Fuel data, I'm inspired. Ive already started working on it. I need to to be organised now.

G'day
Don't worry, I am 6 footer too...Never got fatiqued in my long drives...
Start early morning around 3AM... Enjoy your drive... If you are driving longer then take small breaks (of 5-10min)....have nice sleep in night during intermediate drives at some good hotels...

Frankly speaking Pune - TVM is nothing yaar...just do it..
Pune - Hosur (first day)...there is a nice hotel on NH7 near the flyover...avoid bangalore...u can easily do this in 14hours if u start at 3AM...
Hosur - TVM (next day)
------------------------
If u want to chill out....You can do Pune - Goa(first day), Goa - Calicut/Ullal (2nd day), rest in third day...

Abhi

Abhi
Old 16th May 2007, 18:45   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Frankly speaking Pune - TVM is nothing yaar...just do it..
Pune - Hosur (first day)...there is a nice hotel on NH7 near the flyover...avoid bangalore...u can easily do this in 14hours if u start at 3AM...
Hosur - TVM (next day)
------------------------
If u want to chill out....You can do Pune - Goa(first day), Goa - Calicut/Ullal (2nd day), rest in third day...

Abhi

Abhi
I did once drove from Pune to TVM in a M800 (No P/S, No. A/C). Well that was 10 yrs ago. I was younger, less obligations and responsibilities ....... and was with friends. The trip didint go as we planned. We started off late, by around 6am from Pune, reached B'lore by night 11pm, had to roam around a little to find my friends sister's house where we were supposed to stay (still dont know which area it was). Then slept all the way through next morning and woke up by 10am!!!. Left B'lore by 2pm, took the wrong route through Mysore to Calicut (Shouldve taken the Salem route). Had to stay in Calicut and the 3 rd day reached TVM. But I never got tired of driving those days.
I'm sure going to make the trip this year. Now with the new highways, the trip should be a much easier. Onward via B'lore and Return Via Goa.
Wow. its going to be a great vacation!!!

Most Viewed