Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:58   #61
Senior - BHPian

Hey Abhi,
You have been lying low off late maybe busy with work and about how many kms does one go for a decarbonization? Just wanted to know and the possible reasons for it as my ODO is around 30K and was just wondering about the same.
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:19   #62
Team-BHP Support

Abhai, a post from you after a hiatus. Looks like the little one is keeping you quite occupied.
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:23   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Hey Abhi,
You have been lying low off late maybe busy with work and about how many kms does one go for a decarbonization? Just wanted to know and the possible reasons for it as my ODO is around 30K and was just wondering about the same.
Not busy with work, but busy with my new born baby
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...kroy-papa.html

As far as decarb is concerned Lokesh (of Surakshaa) told me to do it at 20K but I couldnt do it, I think you can also do it now then afterwards keep a 20K interval between decarbs...

Abhi
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:32   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Abhai, a post from you after a hiatus. Looks like the little one is keeping you quite occupied.
Ya fully occupied
Hopefully I will revive my drives soon...

BTW, did a Mysore Palace dash a week back with all the parents (inlaws + my mom) as they never saw the Palace and also for a change after their regular nightouts with the kid...

Abhi
Old 22nd January 2008, 15:20   #65
Senior - BHPian

Even my ALTO battery give me problem once in a while,when checked there was no water in the battery so filled.the same problem has occurred but there was water in the battery,I suspected went to MASS,they told to replace the battery with a new.its an 2006 ALTO and has clocked 16K.

guys pls help me what could be the problem,and hope the new battery server atleast for 2-3 years.
Old 22nd January 2008, 17:02   #66
Senior - BHPian

Oopsie ! I missed that thread big time as i was busy with my marriage as well, anyways congrats once again and its better late than never.

And regarding the decarbonization, will check out as you pointed and wishing you again happy parenthood
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:18   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Even my ALTO battery give me problem once in a while,when checked there was no water in the battery so filled.the same problem has occurred but there was water in the battery,I suspected went to MASS,they told to replace the battery with a new.its an 2006 ALTO and has clocked 16K.

guys pls help me what could be the problem,and hope the new battery server atleast for 2-3 years.
I too have been finding the battery water going low many times in the last few months. I keep battery water handy and top up. I think its time to change, Run 20000kms from June 2006.
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:36   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I too have been finding the battery water going low many times in the last few months. I keep battery water handy and top up. I think its time to change, Run 20000kms from June 2006.
I too observed the same thing this time. Never ever so much water was poured in my battery during service. I dont track the battery water either during my long drives.

Although I have never faced any problems due to this but I think the time is near for a battery change . I will give another 2-3 months to the battery and replace with Amaron - maint free.

Abhi
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:36   #69
Senior - BHPian

My car is close to 30k now, havent check the water yet, need to check that asap. Btw no issues on battery front felt so far.
Old 22nd January 2008, 20:17   #70
Team-BHP Support

excellent writeup akroy. you really are a good writer and I envy your accountancy skills. also its good to see that you kept your head cool while buying the car and not going for the Baleno which I could not (though I have no regrets about that ) . The alto is an extremely reliable car with adequate performance (without the ac). My wife has an alto and she has done 30K kilometers. She has been used mostly within cities with occasional highway drives. the longest she has done was a Kolkata-Sikkim-Kolkata run in 2006 and she performed beyond my expectations. The only problem I face is that my back starts aching after 100 odd Kms, perhaps due to my slipped disc problem. otherwise the car is just awesome .
By the way, when are the mods coming?

Last edited by BlackPearl : 22nd January 2008 at 20:21.
Old 23rd January 2008, 08:54   #71
Senior - BHPian

FE and other expenses report during ownership:

Old 23rd January 2008, 17:48   #72
Senior - BHPian

mail4ajo & akroy...does the battery fails only for 20K...guess some thing wrong with the ALTO battery....

Technocrat is lucky on this....

by the way.... can all four of us check the BRAND name of the battery used in our cars and come to conclusion....because all our cars are 2006 model except Technocrat 2005 model....correct me if i'm wrong.

hope Technocrat would be having different BRAND name....let wait.
Old 23rd January 2008, 18:11   #73
Senior - BHPian

Yes its an Oct 2005 Alto. If my memory is correct Mine is an Exide Maintainance free. Will confirm again.

Btw since last two days there is slight difference in horn's sound I hope its just a tuning issue

Anyways my car battery does additional job of running dual horns, 90\100 W bulbs & ICE Amplifier
Old 24th January 2008, 09:01   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
mail4ajo & akroy...does the battery fails only for 20K...guess some thing wrong with the ALTO battery....
Ramsagar, my battery didnot fail yet, neither it has given any indication of failure...For me it is just a proactive thought as I do a lot of long distance highway / high speed drives...

BTW, just checked during service, the service guy told that the battery is fine (it is 2005 make battery, but my car is 2006 make), I was just more cautious as he pour little more water than he always does...

Mine is an Exide battery as well...

Abhi
Old 24th January 2008, 09:26   #75
BHPian

Our Alto's ( Feb 04) Exide Battery went kaput just three months after the delivery.The dealer replaced it with a brand new Exide and till today it is running fine without any issues.

With the initial battery,the solution inside bubbled and came out spoiling the entire engine bay and the paint peeled off.But,when the new battery was replaced the entire engine bay was given a fresh coat of paint + some anti rust treament.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks