Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2009, 18:38   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsme View Post
This thread's been a real beacon on Alto. Being an Alto owner since Nov-07, I have found a depressing issue in my car which is otherwise superb.
The car started off by giving 15.5 kmpl in city driving in Mumbai east/harbour side (wadala - Colaba) but after 1 month I got 1st free service (Sai Service Lower Parel) and the mileage slipped to 13kmpl - all at 30% AC.
SInce then I have tried to tell these ppl at every single service and still mileage remains stuck at 13-13.4kmpl - 30% AC
Highway mileage is ok - I have got 19kmpl - 21 kmpl max always
Pls help out what to do to get it back to 15-16 as I can see Alto should easily give atleast 15 and it was giving??!!!Is it possible that these ppl do some tinkering with fuel injection etc. to keep mileage low to help the engine longevity etc....???
Please....any observations or comments on this issue.
I think I should demand more mileage out of my alto.
Driving style is also average. No great rusher or halter.
Old 6th March 2009, 20:49   #137
Senior - BHPian

after the FFE work done i am getting 20kmpl on highways @ average speeds of 100 kmph with full load and luggage. this drop downs to 18-19 on highways with 100% AC on. city average is continuous 16.5. its all about the way you drive in city.
Old 9th March 2009, 15:08   #138
gpa
Senior - BHPian

If you drive sedately, with a light foot between 50-65 kmph, you will get the maximum mileage from your car. Also as you drive, try and anticipate road conditions ahead so that you don't have to frequently speed up and slow down. Try these tips and you will see a marked difference in your car's overall FE.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 11th March 2009, 10:17   #139
BHPian

Hello Mr. Abhi,

I have been going thru your posts now for more than a year and truly, you are the king on travelogues as described by the fellow bhpians.

Today morning, i had the opportunity to see you at the k.r.puram railway station traffic jam. At first, i saw the "Roy's" sticker on the back windsheild and then saw the number "352" and was sure it was you. I was with you from the traffic jam upto the Sarjapur signal where u went right and I went left. I did try to draw ur attention, but was not successful. I did have a close look at your Aura alloys and Michellin tyres (I remembered that u had written "Michellin Rocks" in one of your posts). I was in my 5 speed 800, Coral beige, with "SGR" sticker on the back windshield; i don't think u would have noticed it.

Looking forward for more of your travelogues.

Regards,

Raj
Old 11th March 2009, 11:49   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sada View Post
Hello Mr. Abhi,

I have been going thru your posts now for more than a year and truly, you are the king on travelogues as described by the fellow bhpians.

Today morning, i had the opportunity to see you at the k.r.puram railway station traffic jam. At first, i saw the "Roy's" sticker on the back windsheild and then saw the number "352" and was sure it was you. I was with you from the traffic jam upto the Sarjapur signal where u went right and I went left. I did try to draw ur attention, but was not successful. I did have a close look at your Aura alloys and Michellin tyres (I remembered that u had written "Michellin Rocks" in one of your posts). I was in my 5 speed 800, Coral beige, with "SGR" sticker on the back windshield; i don't think u would have noticed it.

Looking forward for more of your travelogues.

Regards,

Raj
Yes you are right!! I was passing through KR Puram till Sarjapur Rd. Actually was going to Surakshaa for a small denting-painting job (3 days back a biker skidded and hit my car and dented the fender). Took a bus and came back home now. Will go in the evening to pick up the car.

I did notice a M800 overtaking me a couple of times (one with Alloy wheels, was that you?) near Marathahalli !!

You could have put up your hand after overtaking me. We could have met each other at ORR itself

Abhi
Old 11th March 2009, 12:58   #141
BHPian

ya, that was me in the 800 with alloys. I also noticed the dent on the left fender of ur car. Will meet you the next time i spot ur car. Bye for now .

Regards,

Raj
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:07   #142
Senior - BHPian

I got the thuk thuk sound while turning the steering identified. Its the suspension struts. Its out as per the service center. Is the diagnosis correct?

Will lubricating it work or is outright replacement the solution?
Old 6th April 2009, 19:05   #143
BHPian

Alto braking trouble

Alto mates

I have been having some trouble with the alto's braking recently.
9 times out of 10, on depressing the brake pedal, the brakes would bite. But 1 time, the pedal would go right through to the end .

So I go to Adarsha MASS (in brookefield) and the supervisor says, some little component in the rear drum brake assy (one with movable rubber ends, on both ends, sitting between the brake shoes) needs to be replaced. So, got that done. Also bleeding.
The part cost me 351...and adding labor and oil and taxes....paid 777.

Today, I realized (did not drive much after the repair), the issue still exists.
So went back....now he says the master brake cylinder needs replacement. It costs 3600.
I convinced him, I shall pay 3600 minus labor+oil charges of last time, since his diagnosis was wrong.

However, what if his diagnosis is still wrong. Any of you had this issue with your brakes ?

Let me know.

cheers
lazy
Old 6th April 2009, 20:10   #144
Senior - BHPian

lazy, I didnot get any such issue. IF you have not given for brake cylinder, then I would suggest please visit Surakshaa at Bomanahalli and talk to Lokesh, you can refer my name as well.

May be a second opinion with Lokesh would help.

Abhi
Old 7th April 2009, 10:43   #145
Senior - BHPian

I replaced the front shocks, 1150Rs each plus a strut kit including bush etc came around 400Rs. Labour was 400Rs at a local MASS. Steering has become smoother and the ride feel has also changed.

Replaced the clutch cable as it was hard. Freed up the clutch a bit, But not for long.
Old 8th April 2009, 13:00   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
lazy, I didnot get any such issue. IF you have not given for brake cylinder, then I would suggest please visit Surakshaa at Bomanahalli and talk to Lokesh, you can refer my name as well.

May be a second opinion with Lokesh would help.

Abhi
Abhi

Thanks for the pointer. However, terribly busy with work (even weekends) to make time to go to hosur road.
Had given to the same place, replaced, only charged for the new part, quite exp though.

Its braking fine now, even with AC on. Earlier braking with AC on was not as good as with AC off.

Thanks again.

cheers
Old 8th April 2009, 14:47   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
Abhi

Thanks for the pointer. However, terribly busy with work (even weekends) to make time to go to hosur road.
Had given to the same place, replaced, only charged for the new part, quite exp though.

Its braking fine now, even with AC on. Earlier braking with AC on was not as good as with AC off.

Thanks again.

cheers
Thats good and encouraging. Try to go to Surakshaa in the next service and do a thorough check of your car.

Abhi
Old 18th September 2009, 19:57   #148
Senior - BHPian

Akroy, any updates. Last was in April. My car has completed 32,000kms. Rattles have started to set in from many places. Tyres become harder, but still have decent thread remaining. Another 4,000kms, and will upgrade to Michelin. No other issues.
Old 18th September 2009, 20:26   #149
gpa
Senior - BHPian

mail4ajo,

Thanks for reviving the thread. It's about time Abhi did something to his Alto. The last I heard, it was lying in his parking lot (with its battery) dead for the past two months!!

So, when is it likely that you will take her to the doc Abhi?

Regards,
gpa
Old 19th September 2009, 17:49   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Akroy, any updates. Last was in April. My car has completed 32,000kms. Rattles have started to set in from many places. Tyres become harder, but still have decent thread remaining. Another 4,000kms, and will upgrade to Michelin. No other issues.
Ya Ajo, my cars 45K service was due when I left her in bangalore (I was also planning to move to synthetic oil). I am presently in US since early July. I told my sister to keep giving starts in alternate 3 days (as i knew the battery was weak). but one fine week she forgot to start it and the next try the car didnt start. So she had removed the battery (the negative terminal).
I am thinking of calling Lokesh of Surakshaa to come home and take it for service. lets see. if my stay in US gets longer then I might think of selling it. Dont feel like selling it (got very attached with the car though)

Regarding your case, I didnt see any rattles in my car yet and ya change Michelins will do a lot of good to your car. Check it to a good service station.

Abhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks