Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2007, 16:23   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
I am due for a new upgrade of company car and seriously evaluating options. 2 options I have narrowed down in one class are the Dicor and Scorpio. Your report makes the scales tilt in favor of the Scorpio, though many are not very happy with the cornering and braking efficiency.
I own a Mahindra Bolero (2003 model). Comparing the service of Mahindra & Tata, I would definitely say Mahindra is far better (which they have improved in the last 1+ years). See JD Power survey results (Mahindra ranked 3rd and Tata's last)...

For details go to...

CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index)
http://www.indiacar.com/jd_power/csi2006.htm
SSI (Sales Satisfaction Index)
http://www.indiacar.com/jd_power/ssi2006.htm
Old 17th May 2007, 16:57   #17
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on your Dicor man. We are really amassing a huge user base for Dicors here. I am sure these niggles will be sorted out. You just need to find the right dealership. By the way your car is from ASZ series, is it? Heard they sorted out all these niggles from CSZ series onwards. However writing a stinker with the right amount of ego-busters in a soft velvet will sort out all your problems, ekdum fataafat. At least Tatas are known to pass off the benefits of developments even to their existing customers. check it out.
Old 17th May 2007, 17:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review there TD, buttt its really sad to know that the dealership sucks big time. Maybe you should try out another dealer.

P.S Diesel cars have heavy clutches, dont they.
Old 17th May 2007, 17:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats testdrive on your safari. The clutch on my safari seems quite light for an SUV, it is heavy when compared to a car but hasn't caused any problems to my leg in city driving.

Drifter
Old 17th May 2007, 17:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by testdrive View Post
*** Service experience ***
Have not gone for a full service yet. Based on my 2-3 visits to get few things fixed, I would rate Tata's service as the pits! Basically, they treat you like a taxi driver (i'm sure I dont look like one :-). Also, once you've given them your vehicle they automatically assume they own the vehicle. Getting the vehicle back can be a real challenge.

good review testdrive, but very sad that TATA's attitude stinks. Try a different dealer & dont forget to put your tribulations on paper.
Old 17th May 2007, 17:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Write a stinker, I am sure you will get all the retrofits, post CSZ series.
Old 18th May 2007, 10:46   #22
BHPian

hey, why don't steer or some one else who has already went through all these issues before, publish their email sent to TATA customer service. It will help all the new Safari gang !!!
Old 19th May 2007, 13:44   #23
BHPian

Tata Motors contact

Thanks Steeroid for the info...

I sent an email to *deleted*@tatamotors.com on thursday. I got a call from the TASS (Dhingra Motors), asking when can I send my Safari over for repairs/service. They also said the ECU / EGR will be replaced / upgraded as available in CSZ series.

I will be visiting them in the next few days. Will let ya know how it goes.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th May 2007 at 21:20. Reason: email id deleted
Old 19th May 2007, 18:12   #24
BHPian

Great buddy hopefully all issues you are facing should get sorted out.

Why dont TATA guys solve all the issues without forcing the customer to write emails to their bosses, if they know what has to be done. If they do so, they can easily rectify the so called <quality issues> associated with their brand.
OR may be even after the email stinker they shall leave some open problems. I dont know what to say
Old 21st May 2007, 16:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

Bad project management/ Quality methods, is what can be seen in TATA motors although on the other hand they have TCS, but thats the way it is.
Old 21st May 2007, 16:10   #26
BHPian

Safari gone for service / repairs

There is a remarkable change in the behaviour of Dhingra Motors after escalating the issue to Tata Motors.

I gave to safari for the 5000kms/1st service yesterday (Sunday). The regular service and oil leakage problem has been rectified. They have kept the vehicle overnite since Delphi people will be coming to check the black smoke problem today (Monday). They will determine if the ECU / EGR modulator needs to be upgraded etc.

I will be going tomorrow morning (Tuesday) to pickup the vehicle. Will keep ya all posted...
Old 21st May 2007, 16:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

Delphi is based in Gurgaon only, so it should be a quick one.
Old 21st May 2007, 18:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by testdrive View Post
There is a remarkable change in the behaviour of Dhingra Motors after escalating the issue to Tata Motors.
Well, what did I tell you? One mail to the company and the dealer squeals like you have him by his you-know-whats. Expect VIP treatment hereafter.
Old 21st May 2007, 19:03   #29
Team-BHP Support

I think all these A.S.S. issues crop up because of dealer ineptitude. Tatas have probably very clear cut instructions on how to deal with problems. But some of the dealers try to cut corners. A sharp rebuke from the top bosses at Tata puts them up in line.

This chalta hai attitude of the dealers will change only when Tatas start taking a few of them to the cleaners. Maruti cancelled a few dealerships and they all fell in line. Today Maruti dealers know that they have to provide a minimum level of commitment to the customer. Same will happen when Tata starts pulling them up.
Old 21st May 2007, 19:21   #30
BHPian

i agree.tata motors should strike off and cancel all bad service dealers.only this will clean up their image.
its sad how easily a dealer's bad attitude can tarnish a car company and their products.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks