Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2007, 14:50   #46
BANNED

testdrive, your problem sounds very similar to mine with respect to the "Check Engine" light. These posts may help:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post413430

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post414467

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post415695

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post417674
Old 29th June 2007, 15:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by testdrive View Post
- on the brighter side, while the vehicle was at the workshop - got the plastic cladding painted body color.
I hope they did this free - surely you didn't pay them for it did you? Considering their complete inability to fix your oil leak?

OT: Are you a member of The City Club, though I saw your Dicor there a few Saturday's back but wasn't sure?
Old 30th June 2007, 00:19   #48
BHPian

bhailog,which diesel will you all recomend for the dicor.premium,hi-speed.....
Old 2nd July 2007, 19:18   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I hope they did this free - surely you didn't pay them for it did you? Considering their complete inability to fix your oil leak?

OT: Are you a member of The City Club, though I saw your Dicor there a few Saturday's back but wasn't sure?
unfortunately, had to pay for the paint job... 15k to be precise. They were asking for 22k then came down to 18k...16k and finally 15k (tax-paid).

yes! i'm a member of city club... we should meet up sometime.
Old 2nd July 2007, 19:20   #50
BHPian

which diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
bhailog,which diesel will you all recomend for the dicor.premium,hi-speed.....
as recommended by a few people and workshop advisor... it is recommended to use regular diesel along with the System-D additive.
Old 3rd July 2007, 11:29   #51
BHPian

Smoke Probs again

My Friend also has a safari run 9k. It also emitting smoke like a loaded genset. we looked to engine series. i was somthin MTZ.... i am not able to make out. we got the cat converter cleaned. it was gud for 3-4 days then again it is same. anyways the service at nawab sucks. its going good for my indigo but not for my friends safari.

i am thinking of logging a stinker to TATA and see what happens.

Guys anything we should check with safari dealer for smoke probs except ECU/EGR that is in list.
Old 3rd July 2007, 11:33   #52
BHPian

Quote:
unfortunately, had to pay for the paint job... 15k to be precise. They were asking for 22k then came down to 18k...16k and finally 15k (tax-paid).

yes! i'm a member of city club... we should meet up sometime.
hey testdrive, you paid quite a lot of money for it. Normally the price here in bangalore varies between 12k to 13k with all the dealers. After bargain you can get it even for a bit less...i think they have charged you a lot..
Old 3rd July 2007, 17:29   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjun_crsce View Post
we got the cat converter cleaned. it was gud for 3-4 days then again it is same. Guys anything we should check with safari dealer for smoke probs except ECU/EGR that is in list.
Did Nawab check the problem on their own or did someone some LUCAS check the vehicle? You need to get someone from LUCAS check the problem... Also, call up the regional tata customer care for support 0124-[FONT=Helv][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 8th July 2007, 23:53   #54
BHPian

Update - and more problems

Check Engine issue update: After waiting for almost 2 weeks, the wiring harness arrived on July 4th 2007 evening from Pune, 2 days late than committed. The wiring was ordered on June 25th 2007.

I handed over the Safari to Dhingra Motors on July 5th. Was told later that evening they would need 1 more day to fix the problem . One of the wiring connectors was broken in transit. Luckily Tata had this part in-stock in their Gurgaon/NCR warehouse. Anyways, got the vehicle back on July 6th evening. The wiring harness costing Rs.10000 was replaced under warranty (but ofcourse)...Driven the Safari for 2 days and the problem seems to be rectified.

Engine Oil Leakage issue update: Well after multiple visits and oil sump gasket being replaced, the oil still leaks!

The story of the Tata Safari LX problems continues...
Old 13th July 2007, 15:02   #55
BHPian

CheckSheet for Engine Oil Leakage

Well... my safari went in for yet another round of repairs for the oil leakage problem on 10-Jul-07. This time the entire sump was changed. Got the vehicle back the same evening. However, the next morning to no surprise the oil was STILL LEAKING... Have given Tata Motors enough opportunity to solve for this, but they are simply taking me for a ride. I got hold of the following checksheet which they seem to be using (1 by 1).

TATA MOTORS: CheckSheet for Engine Oil Leakage - Symptoms/Cause/Remedy
C/S No: CLT-24
Revision No: R0
May-06

A. - Leakage at upper side of engine
Cause: Leakage from front cam seal
Remedy: Inspect cam seal. Replace if cut or defect due to wrong fitment observed
Cause: Leakage from rear cam seal
Remedy: Inspect cam seal. Replace if cut or defect due to wrong fitment observed
Cause: Leakage from cylinder head cover gasket
Remedy: Inspect Cyl.head cover groove for gasket fitment and gasket also. Clean groove properly. Replace gasket
if cut of defect is observed. DO give proper time to settle the gasket in Cylinder Head Cover.
Cause: Leakage from oil separator
Remedy: Check air filter condition, check oil separator. Replace if necessary.
Cause: Clamp at cylinder head cover/ oil separator not tightened
Remedy: Tighten. Replace if necessary.
Cause: Blow by hose cracked
Remedy: Replace it.

B. - Leakage at lower side of engine
Cause: Leakage from crank shaft front oil seal
Remedy: Replace if not sealing properly
Cause: Leakage from crank shaft rear oil seal
Remedy: Replace if not sealing properly
Cause: Oil feed line (to turbo charger) loose connection at cyl.block end
Remedy: Tighten
Cause: Leakage from oil cooler gasket
Remedy: Replace it
Cause: Leakage from oil sump gasket
Remedy: Tighten sump bolts. Replace gasket if required.
Cause: Drain plug loose

C. - Leakage around turbo charger
Cause: Oil feed line (to turbocharger) loose connection at turbocharger end
Cause: Oil return line loose connection (at turbocharger end)
Cause: Oil feed / return line twisted / damaged / cracked / clogged
Remedy: Fix it. Replace if necessary
Cause: Oil return line clamp dislodged
Remedy: Fix it. Replace if necessary
Old 13th July 2007, 17:00   #56
BHPian

Testdrive, what did they say after it re-appeared. Y don't you try out with some other tata dealers service center, i don't think that will do any harm to the warrenty.
Old 13th July 2007, 17:09   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
Testdrive, what did they say after it re-appeared. Y don't you try out with some other tata dealers service center, i don't think that will do any harm to the warrenty.
I will not help cause anyways the Tata Motors Service Manager has been supervising all repairs. It's not a workshop issue, its a Tata issue!
Old 16th July 2007, 12:10   #58
BHPian

Quote:
I will not help cause anyways the Tata Motors Service Manager has been supervising all repairs. It's not a workshop issue, its a Tata issue!
then what is the remedy to this, what did they suggest you to do. Its better you keep the pressure on them, don't let the matter take backseat.
Old 16th July 2007, 12:37   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
then what is the remedy to this, what did they suggest you to do. Its better you keep the pressure on them, don't let the matter take backseat.
I'm now dealing with Tata Motors directly and making sure all communication with them is in writing. I have asked them to send me in detail what they intend to do next. then only will i send the vehicle for repairs. Also, asked them for assurance that things will be sorted out this time around (even though they have been assuring me in the past)... and what if things are not repairs now - what next?
Old 16th July 2007, 12:43   #60
BHPian

testdrive, its good that you are keeping all your communications in writing. i hope that you don't require them for anything legal since till now we have seen very good service from Tata. I think this time if they can't fix the issue, then they need to give you a replacement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks