Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 12:53   #61
BHPian

Tata Motors - Service Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
...till now we have seen very good service from Tata. I think this time if they can't fix the issue, then they need to give you a replacement.
Well! I would disagree with you on the tata service. Perhaps your experience with your local workshop has been good. For me, its been a nightmare so far... Also, if they are ranked lowest in the JD Power CSI survey - then they definitely are not good in the service dept!

As for a replacement, companies do not give a replacement that easily... they will probably give you an engine replacement only if there is something majorly wrong. Also, dont know if they give you a brand new engine or a previously repaired / reconditioned engine. They are not good when it comes to following good ethics and doing things with integrity. Atleast that's been my experience and what i've heard from others...
Old 16th July 2007, 13:55   #62
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to read about issues, I hate issues with new car. Nothing much can be done for this.

If we shout or be cool at them also work won't be done it will take its own time.

If we go to court the case will get dragged too much.

I feel you should consult the right service centre and right person. Visit more than 2 places and take feedback about the issue.

When I had issues with Swift I had taken BIMAL showroom and Maruti managers for a ride and taught them very good lesson which they will be remember for lifetime!

We should do it with very good planning. Legal, fighting approach won't work here unless we have big political influence. But using that for this silly matters won't worth.

Only solution for this issues approach multiple service stations and take the feedback and have right mechanic address this. If this is manufacturing defect insist them to replace it.

All the best!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 16th July 2007, 14:06   #63
Senior - BHPian

ya Ravi is right,contact some more dealers and contact the higher mgmt of TATA and i'm sure they have the poorest of After Sales Service

i recently had troubles with my 10 month old Dicor and Nawab Motors cared not to relent unless i complained to regional Support then they changed the clutch Assembly and some other small things.

so please contact more people and insist on getting all bad parts changed.
Old 16th July 2007, 15:27   #64
Senior - BHPian

@testdrive.... You can ask for an engine replacement, since they are not able to rectify the leak. Also if sometime later they tell you that they need to open the engine coz they suspect its some engine casting issue would you do it?
Old 16th July 2007, 18:11   #65
BHPian

Tata Motor's response...

Here is one example that reflects to what extent Tata Motors can go to. Instead of addressing the current issue of oil leakage they are just diverting from it and getting defensive. See response below from Tata Motors - Customer Service Manager referring to a previous 'check engine light' complaint that has already been addressed.

"...I agree that the car has gone to the workshop for other repair jobs also, the prominent one was for check engine lamp problem for which we replaced the EMS wiring harness, as it was explained earlier also to your good self, the probable cause of that was due to the fitment of music amplifiers in the car the power for which is taken from the wiring circuit & in general it disturbs the circuitry resulting check engine lamp glowing complaint. Though we never accept these claims under warranty but as a goodwill gesture, the required parts worth 10000/- were replaced under warranty without asking a single question. "

Note that i have a 1000w JVC amp connected to a 10" JBL woofer tube. All other speakers are normal speakers and nothing big. I dont see how the ECU/EMS wiring could be affected by it... more over the wiring problem came up right after i picked up the vehicle from the workshop when the music system front panel was not even connected !

Would love to get your thoughts and comments on this...
Old 17th July 2007, 11:49   #66
BHPian

looks like this is just to please you so that you will not be too harsh on them regarding the engine oil leak problem...but its better you try out once with some other dealer and then ask for a engine replacement.
Old 20th July 2007, 11:57   #67
BHPian

Safari gone for repairs...

Sent my Safari to Dhingra Motors yesterday. This is the 8th trip to the workshop since buying the vehicle in Feb'2007 to solve for the oil leakage problem. Not counting trips made for other problems (wiring / service etc.)

As per the Tata Customer Support Mgr, the oil gasket seal was previous not fitted properly. They kept the vehicle overnight to observe the leakge. I will be getting the vehicle back today evening... Should be able to determine by Monday next week if the problem has been permanently rectified or not.

This was the 4th time the engine oil was drained to carry out the repairs. This time the oil and oil filter has been replaced FOC. On previous occassions the same oil was put back into the engine.

As per Tata engrs the oil is stored in hygienic containers and is therefore safe to reuse. I would however like to highlight here that this should not be done under any circumstances. Specially if its a new engine!

Basically, engines have a magnet at the bottom or in the oil filter that attracts and hold down any metallic particles and prevent them from being recirculated to the pistons etc. When the oil is drained out - these particles come out with the oil or are in the oil filter. Which is why you need to replace both the oil and oil filter. You can now imagine if the same oil is poured back into the engine from the top, how it will damage the engine. These idiots have re-used the oil thrice already. This time however I put my foot down and got them to replace the oil / filter FOC.

Look out for more updates next week...
Old 20th July 2007, 12:11   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by testdrive View Post
Sent my Safari to Dhingra Motors yesterday. This is the 8th trip to the workshop since buying the vehicle in Feb'2007 to solve for the oil leakage problem. Not counting trips made for other problems (wiring / service etc.)

As per the Tata Customer Support Mgr, the oil gasket seal was previous not fitted properly. They kept the vehicle overnight to observe the leakge. I will be getting the vehicle back today evening... Should be able to determine by Monday next week if the problem has been permanently rectified or not.

This was the 4th time the engine oil was drained to carry out the repairs. This time the oil and oil filter has been replaced FOC. On previous occassions the same oil was put back into the engine.

As per Tata engrs the oil is stored in hygienic containers and is therefore safe to reuse. I would however like to highlight here that this should not be done under any circumstances. Specially if its a new engine!

Basically, engines have a magnet at the bottom or in the oil filter that attracts and hold down any metallic particles and prevent them from being recirculated to the pistons etc. When the oil is drained out - these particles come out with the oil or are in the oil filter. Which is why you need to replace both the oil and oil filter. You can now imagine if the same oil is poured back into the engine from the top, how it will damage the engine. These idiots have re-used the oil thrice already. This time however I put my foot down and got them to replace the oil / filter FOC.

Look out for more updates next week...
Hi,
I sympathise with you for the harrowing experience you are having with these jokers!
After having shelled out 8+lacs no one deserves this!
It is not only about the issue but the amount of time and energy wasted by you on this!
Can't it be escalated further?
I think TBHP should start flexing its muscles and write to Manufacturers and delaers in such cases,what say?
I wish you get a speedy solution.
Old 20th July 2007, 12:27   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Sent my Safari to Dhingra Motors yesterday.
... Should be able to determine by Monday next week if the problem has been permanently rectified or not.
Waiting for your report on the oil leakage problem, hopefully atleast this time it will be rectified. Good luck
Old 20th July 2007, 12:36   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per the Tata Customer Support Mgr, the oil gasket seal was previous not fitted properly. They kept the vehicle overnight to observe the leakge.
This is due to the novices that the workshop owners keeps to keep their costs low. Usually 1 to 2 guys are the experts and trained by TATA and the rest are on-the-job-learners. They create such problems.

I still remember long time back when I was in mahindra service station, they were checking the heating problem and I had called the regional service manager from Mahindra to come to the workshop. He asked the workshop guys to change the radiator water flow controller and asked the workman how it would be fitted ??? and he told in inverted position whereas the RSM told wrong, upright position. If the workman would have gone his way, no water would have flown to the engine, causing it to cease. saved!!!!
Old 2nd August 2007, 11:19   #71
BHPian

Oil's still leaking...

The engine oil is still leaking...

Last time around Tata and TASS engrs replaced the gasket and put in adhesive seal to arrest the leakage. It probably worked for 2-3 days, afer which the leakage was back to its earlier state.

Not to mention the dent Dhingra Motors put on one of the doors...

Vehicle has gone to the workshop atleast 8 times in the last 6 months just for the oil leakage problem - without any permanent solution. Let's wait and see how Tata is going to respond this time!!

As for me, I continue to discourage others from buying any Tata product
Old 2nd August 2007, 11:33   #72
BHPian

Quote:

Last time around Tata and TASS engrs replaced the gasket and put in adhesive seal to arrest the leakage. It probably worked for 2-3 days, afer which the leakage was back to its earlier state.

Not to mention the dent Dhingra Motors put on one of the doors...

Vehicle has gone to the workshop atleast 8 times in the last 6 months just for the oil leakage problem - without any permanent solution. Let's wait and see how Tata is going to respond this time!!

As for me, I continue to discourage others from buying any Tata product
testdrive, its better you start asking for a replacement.
Old 12th August 2007, 19:49   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any updates on your safari's oil leakage problem ?
Old 13th August 2007, 12:05   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Any updates on your safari's oil leakage problem ?
looks like it still exists, otherwise the first thing he would have done is to put it here...
Old 14th August 2007, 22:16   #75
BHPian

Oil leakage - update!

Took the Safari to the workshop again last week. Tata Motors wanted to inspect the vehicle one last time to determine if the engine needed to be replaced...

First the engine was checked from below. The oil leakage was visible around the oil sump, leading them to believe the gasket / sump were faulty. However, there is another oil seal directly above the sump area which could be the source. This area is not visible unless the radiator / intercooler is removed. So after removing both these parts they were able to determine that the oil was indeed leaking from above and not the sump/gasket area!!

Got the vehicle back after 2 days. Have been observing it for 5-6 days now and the problem seems to have been rectified

Now need to address other issues that had taken a backseat - like the black smoke problem!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks