Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2008, 11:34   #91
BHPian

Thanks for the nice update. Please Keep posting. I am a newbee to Logan. I never tpouch above 80 now and 100/110 in long run anymore. Being interested in Automobile I would appreciate your report after the issue is sorted out. Mine will reach 1000 Kms next week (Mostly city around Besat Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur, Solinganalloor,Turaipakkam). Yet to go for a Highway trip. Planning for it in May II week. I shall post the 1000 Km update in a day or two.
Old 6th May 2008, 18:53   #92
BHPian

Pugaram,

My FE figures after 1000 Kms: 17 Kmpl for city ride. Average speed 30 Kmph. 22 litres - 375 Kms

Do you have any figures for CITY FE of Yours?
Old 10th May 2008, 18:39   #93
BHPian

Frankly, i have not been able to check the city mileage, as i do not drive much inside the city. My Pulsar 180 is most convenient for the daily office commuting.The diesel remaining in the tank after my out of city drives is sufficient for the city drives. I generally fill up "Full tank" when leaving and re-fuel midway when coming into the city to check the highway mileage. So there is mostly 1/2 tank fuel left when i reach chennai. No need to fill up till the next highway drive.

On the service part, they have replaced the EGR under warranty. Have to take the car out again to check if this was the problem, probably next weekend.
Old 12th May 2008, 11:25   #94
BHPian

I Hope EGR has some thing to with Exhaust recirculation? What exactly was the problem? Did you detect it?
Old 14th May 2008, 22:04   #95
BHPian

Yes - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve has been replaced.

I noticed the lag as told in one of my previous posts. There is no way you can miss the problem. And it was getting slightly problematic overtaking at high speeds.

So called up the service guys immediately. Hopefully the problem is fixed. Just looking for an excuse to take the car on the Highway and checkout for myself. This weekend probably.
Old 31st August 2008, 21:14   #96
BHPian

Pugram, what happened? No updates for a long time. Update us about the EGR problem and whether the issue is totally sorted out now. I'm sure you might have made quite a few highway trips in the last few months. Also please let us know whether you have faced any other problems. Let's have an overall update.
Old 4th September 2008, 07:58   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Pugram, what happened? No updates for a long time. Update us about the EGR problem and whether the issue is totally sorted out now. I'm sure you might have made quite a few highway trips in the last few months. Also please let us know whether you have faced any other problems. Let's have an overall update.
Yes. Its been quite sometime since i posted on the forum.

But my highway runs have been on the rise. I have done >21000 kms till last weekend (Having in-laws at longer distances helps ). I keep looking for the slightest excuse to make it to the highway.

I guess a summary would be useful:

Reading on the Odo: 21180 (80 to 85% on the Highway)

Mileage: Worst 17.5 (Speeds >120)With 100%AC
Best 22 (Between 80 ~ 100)With 100%AC

In my opinion a higher mileage figure is definitely achievable if driven at sedate speeds (say between 70 ~ 80 and the tacho hovering around 1500 to 2000 RPM). "In-gear" acceleration is more on the highway, which reduces the mileage. I just don't hesitate to reduce a gear and overtake.

Build quality: On level roads (Say GQ type) absolutely no rattles or sound
but for the tyre noise.

On uneven roads there are minor squeaks from the seat and
there is rattle from the doors.

Problems faced:
1. Hissing sound in Brake master cylinder - replaced under
warranty.
2. Problem with EGR - replaced under warranty.No further problems

Warranty : I opted for the additional 2 year warranty (Total 4 yrs -
1,00,000 km) costing 12,000 approx.

My suggestions to Mahindra:

1. Wiper to suit to our driving conditions. Can be a pain using it during light drizzle, when the returning blade spills some water on the driver part of the glass, which is irritating, more so during the evenings.

2. Better rubber, i mean the tyres. There is quite a bit of dancing under panic braking conditions and lots of noise.

3. Better NVH - Engine noise is tolerable. But tyre noise is too much. (Can i do anything on myself, like putting an extra carpet?)

Future plans:

1. Replace stock tyres (JK Vectra - 185/70/R14) with something that grips better in the 165/80/R14 range(one of the tyre sizes suggested by Mahindra themselves)(Thinner tyres = better mileage)- Suggestions please

2. Pete'rify the engine . 65bhp 16kgm becomes 85bhp 19kgm. Any idea on costs ?
Old 4th September 2008, 20:44   #98
BHPian

Thanks Pugram for the detailed update. So you have been running around quite a bit .

It's good to hear that you haven't faced any more problems.

I asked for the details as I am planning for the Logan D. But not being able to decide whether to go for the current version or wait for the face-lifted one.

Today I called up the local M&M dealer - that guy got me more enthused / confused by telling that the new version is coming very soon - maybe within 2-3 months. Any info at your place?

Thanx.
Old 5th September 2008, 07:11   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
the new version is coming very soon - maybe within 2-3 months. Any info at your place?
Honestly no idea max.

The "EDGE" was supposed to address certain comfort features not addressed in the regular logan. just playing mix and match.

I sincerely hope they change the wipers in the new model. any new engine on the cards?

I will enquire with my dealer and update.
Old 6th September 2008, 12:01   #100
BHPian

As far as I know there will be no change in engine or any other mechanicals. It's only a cosmetic upgrade - mainly the front bumper and the interiors - the seats, door trims and the dash.

Today morning the sales guy called up on his own and told that it's coming by the end of this month .
Old 11th September 2008, 01:04   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
2. Better rubber, i mean the tyres. There is quite a bit of dancing under panic braking conditions and lots of noise.
.......Future plans:

1. Replace stock tyres (JK Vectra - 185/70/R14) with something that grips better in the 165/80/R14 range(one of the tyre sizes suggested by Mahindra themselves)(Thinner tyres = better mileage)- Suggestions please
You need broader tyres if you want better road grip. The thinner tyres, while giving more mileage, will also reduce handling. Go for Michelin, I find they have improved my Baleno handling and ride noticeably.
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:09   #102
BHPian

16 Months and 28000kms

16 Months and 28000 kms review of my Logan DLE .

The overall experience till now has been gratifying, but for small niggles, nothing that important.

Engine - The best part of the car - Mileage depending on how you drive. Generally 80 to 110 kmph gets you a combination of speed and mileage and it is in this band that i have got my best mileage of 23kmpl, till date. I have not yet tested my patience with going between 70 ~ 80 kmph for a better mileage.

Mileage has been around 19 to 21kmpl.

Niggles:

a) The water jets in the bonnet get clogged frequently and cleaning them with a pin gets their alignment in a toss and they do not spray the jets properly.

b) I have had 3 punctures till now and i can say that highway support for "Tubeless" type of tyres is pathetic and if found a costly affair. Rs.75/= to fix a puncture, without any wheel alignment being done.

c) Slight rattles in the left door when running on rough roads.

Car due for 30,000 or 18 months service by mid of Jan and i guess i would be needing to change my tyres. Somehow i am not happy with these JK Vectra 185/70/R14 tyres.

And i badly miss my old Peugeot 309GLD for that connected steering feel. Hmmmm...

MODS: Please amend the title of this thread accordingly
Old 1st October 2009, 22:04   #103
BHPian

26 Months and 52000 kms later

Its been an eventful and satisfying experience with my Logan till date and my love for the car continues.

I have been hitting the highway constantly during the weekends. Almost 1000 kms being done during each of the drives.

The pull from the engine is still strong and mileage from the engine remains the same, based on inputs from your right foot. I still get around 18 ~ 20 kmpl, on my highway trips.

The 30000 km service cost me around 12k. In this service they change the accessories belt and the tensioner, which cost around 8000 and they changed the brake pads, apart from regular service. The change of accessories belt etc. has been moved to 40000kms as per latest information from service station.

The 40000 km service cost around 4000 (misplaced the bill actually), for the regular service and oil / oilfilter /fuel filter change.

The 50000 km service cost me 8985, as i had asked them to overhaul the AC system, which costs 3800.

Tyres will be changed next week, as i can see the JK Vectras have reached their limits. New footwear would be Michelin Energy XM1+ in the standard 185/70R14 Spec. Price quoted is 3650 per tyre.

Its a bit worrying to see the flagging sales for the Logan. I guess this is due to the second grade treatment that mahindra is giving the logan. All their marketing e-mails are for the Scorpio/Xylo/Bolero and i am yet to get one mail for the Logan, though it is through the Logan relationship that Mahindra got my mail id. I am sure the latest Play model would be the final nail in the coffin and a definite signal to the general public that the company has lost its vision .One dealer has closed shop in Chennai - GMS

I am praying for a miracle from Mahindra-Renault lest this become another "Pal - Peugeot" story.

Mods :- Please change the thread title accordingly
Old 5th October 2009, 13:20   #104
BHPian

[quote=pugram;1510821]Its been an eventful and satisfying experience with my Logan till date and my love for the car continues.
.One dealer has closed shop in Chennai - GMS

I am praying for a miracle from Mahindra-Renault lest this become another "Pal - Peugeot" story.

Mr. Pugaram,

You have brought me to earth with that message. I was a bit held-up in my office routine and was wondering as to why there was no reminder for my 1 Yr service and was planning to some time this week.

Has GMS closed service of LOGAN? I have paid for Extended warranty also. BTW where am I to get it serviced in Chennai? Any Idea?

Seralathan
Old 6th October 2009, 07:13   #105
BHPian

Logan Service centres @ Chennai

Hi,

You can get your car serviced at 2 locations. 1. India Garage (VST) Service centre at Velachery, opposite to Allsec technologies and 2. MPL service centre at Saligramam. These are the only 2 service centres available for servicing our Logan , at Chennai.

I go to the India Garage (VST) service centre at Velachery and their service is decent. I heard from them regarding GMS and that all the cars sold by GMS are being re-directed to IG for service.

You can call up 044-22430327 / 044-64505080 (India Garage) to book an appointment. They also have a pick up and drop service and charge Rs.250 for the same.

Hope this info is helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks