Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 23:14   #61
BHPian

Logan taking me places

Guys,

I had been to the recording studio of BIG FM 92.7, Chennai for recording an user view point of the Logan (Ofcourse -only good things) and that will be broadcast during ad-breaks along with the ICC 20/20 commentary on Saturday 15th of September. Mahindra is sponsoring, but do not know to what extent.

Me and another Logan owner friend of mine went to the studio for the recording.

By the way my car has done 3500 kms till date, 90% Highway
Old 16th September 2007, 02:24   #62

Congratulations for your Logan, I am sure the torque must have been keeping you busy on the roads.

No Offences Altough for some reason I didnt like the BOXY shape of logan. But otherwise Logan sure is fun to drive, I had test driven it at the Express Highway - NH8 Gurgaon - Jaipur, 4KM drive was fun.

Have fun.
Old 16th September 2007, 08:22   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
I had been to the recording studio of BIG FM 92.7, Chennai for recording an user view point of the Logan
Congrats!
Finally Logan has come to the showroom is TVM. Went and checked out the car with family, found the looks to be OK, but both my father and mother were shocked by the space it offered. If it was upto my family to decide on a car, i guess Logan stands a very good chance.

But then, its been two weeks since we requested for a test drive. They haven't even called back. . Seems they have a lot to learn.
Old 17th September 2007, 00:19   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
I had been to the recording studio of BIG FM 92.7, Chennai for recording an user view point of the Logan (Ofcourse -only good things) and that will be broadcast during ad-breaks along with the ICC 20/20 commentary on Saturday 15th of September.
Looks like they are all out to promote the Logan.
I was asked to do the same for the Ikon on some Kannada FM station, here in Bangalore. I dont remember the frequency of the station, and since i dont speak Kannada, obliged them in English.

90% of highway driving ?! You really do seem to be travelling a lot.
Old 18th September 2007, 16:32   #65
BHPian

Started to see Logans here in Cochin too, Not too many but among it one was a Taxi, I suspect its a sign of some thing up to. Personally I like this car but love to have an ABS version after reading this thread.
Old 19th September 2007, 23:10   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir_nyc View Post
Congratulations for your Logan, I am sure the torque must have been keeping you busy on the roads. ......I didnt like the BOXY shape of logan
@ BijuPaul

Torque is excellent, very useful on the highways.

I think my braking issues are also because of this, as i used to drive a 57 bhp Peugeot 309 GLD (don't know the torque figures though) whose torque must surely be lower than the Logan. Just a question of adapting myself to the higher power available.

The design is with a purpose to keep maintenance(& production) costs minimal, as per their marketing statements

I keep repeating. Just park a Logan and New Honda City, side by side and see for yourself. The NHC is slightly curvy
Old 26th September 2007, 12:20   #67
BHPian

read in economictimes today, that Logan is offered at Rs. 40,000 discount. Why such big discount ?
Old 7th October 2007, 12:16   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
read in economictimes today, that Logan is offered at Rs. 40,000 discount. Why such big discount ?
I think this is for boosting corporate sales.

Enquired with the dealer here and got the above reply.
Old 7th October 2007, 12:24   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

But then, its been two weeks since we requested for a test drive. They haven't even called back. . Seems they have a lot to learn.
My experience with Mahindras and their dealers is - they will not sell the vehicle to you. You will have to buy it from them
Old 7th October 2007, 12:37   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
My experience with Mahindras and their dealers is - they will not sell the vehicle to you. You will have to buy it from them
@CrAzY dRiVeR : My experience with India Garage was very good. Twice i requested and on both the times, they were there at the appointed time. We now have 3 logans in our office (ofcourse the employee's) 2 DLE's and 1 DLX. This ultmately boils down to the dealership. I guess (from what i have seen at chennai) a lot of people walk down to the dealership for a TD and hence the TD car is perenially unavailable. Maybe you should barge into the dealership and demand a TD.
Old 7th October 2007, 15:46   #71
Team-BHP Support

hehe. ya.

Any updates? Its been almost a month since the last update, remember?
Old 8th October 2007, 22:58   #72
BHPian

4500 kms over

4500 kms over.

@CrAzY dRiVeR

Minor squeaks in the co-passenger seat, when not occupied.

Yet to find out city mileage. I drive very less within the city.

Acceleration is great and the engine doesn't feel stressed at all. I have pushed the car till 130kmph (on the meter, short period of time on a straight stretch) on the GST rd. Absolutely no stress on the engine and the car feels very smooth and still had power to go further. I am not confident in such speeds and came back to saner speeds around 90~100kmph.
Old 20th October 2007, 18:42   #73

Dear Pugram,
I am also joining the bandwagon of Logan owners. Took delivery of 1.6 GLS Diamond White on 18th. Drive quality of Logan is excellent. I am very proud on my possession.
Old 20th October 2007, 19:31   #74
Senior - BHPian

congrats rk. awaiting your reviews.
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:27   #75
Senior - BHPian

I am not too sure if you have read this or not but LOGAN has been rated as one of the best car outside the USA.

Welcome (Source: Times of India)

‘Logan one of best cars outside US’

New Delhi: Mahindra & Mahindra’s (M&M) entry level sedan Logan, which hit the Indian roads some six months back, may not have set its sales register soaring exactly, but it has been named among the 16 best cars not sold in America by a leading US magazine.
In the list of ‘the best cars not sold in America’, compiled by Businessweek in its latest edition, Logan is the only Indian car along side 15 others being sold in the non-American markets. “The car (Logan) itself is not that interesting by the standards of US consumers—for starters, it has got right-hand drive and the base engine is only 75 hp—but its heritage shows how the world is shrinking,’’ Businessweek said about the car.
Pointing out that Logan is originally a model from Romanian automaker Dacia, the magazine noted, “Mahindra and Mahindra would probably love to export cars to this country (US) some day, but that day is probably several years away.’’
Dacia is part of Renault which was bailed out of the American market way back in 1986. Most of other cars named in the list are from Europe and Japan, such as Opel Zafira, Peugeot 308, Renault Scenic, Citroen C3 Pluriel, Alfa Romeo Spider, Ford Focus, Smart For Two and Mercedes-Benz A Class.
The list also includes a Chinese Car Cherry QQ, Nissan Pino (Japan), Holden VE UTE (Australia) and Seat Altea Freetrack. AGENCIES

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks