Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2007, 12:11   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
The Bill says Painting and labour = 11000 plus taxes

The Dent removal and painting was at 2 places. The panel above the left wheel and the front left door. The breakup is something like 6000 for the front panel and 5000 for the door(since the dent was minimal, i guess)
would it be a replacement job? Take it to a local shop and get it done for less than 5k
Old 23rd August 2007, 22:34   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
would it be a replacement job? Take it to a local shop and get it done for less than 5k
The car is brand new and i did not want to risk it at a local shop. Initially i though it was only the left wheel arch. But later located the problem with the left door, which proved to be costly.

The panel was repaired and painted and so was the left front door.
Old 23rd August 2007, 22:40   #48
Senior - BHPian

So, did you claim insurance ? If so, how much did you have to pay ?
Old 27th August 2007, 14:44   #49
Senior - BHPian

I just have one question, they say that Renault and Mahindra have a JV to produce only 50K Logan's and it might not last after that...what happens to the Logan owners then? who would support them? Mahindra or Renault?
Old 27th August 2007, 15:18   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I just have one question, they say that Renault and Mahindra have a JV to produce only 50K Logan's and it might not last after that...what happens to the Logan owners then? who would support them? Mahindra or Renault?
If Renault decides to pull out it has to be supported by Mahindra obviously as its the Indian counterpart of the JV and production and sale of vehicles are happening in India.
Old 27th August 2007, 15:36   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
Decided to leave the left ORVM as it was.
Why are you leaving it as it is if you are going to claim it through insurance route? Get it replaced.

BTW, overall cost appears slightly on higher side but then recently my friend scrapped his Santro fender and replacement cost was around Rs. 7000/-.
Old 28th August 2007, 11:30   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If Renault decides to pull out it has to be supported by Mahindra obviously as its the Indian counterpart of the JV and production and sale of vehicles are happening in India.

But isn't it a risky situation for someone who had put lakhs of his or her hard earned money...? I guess 50K might get sold in 1.5 year, they way Logan is selling
Old 28th August 2007, 11:34   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But isn't it a risky situation for someone who had put lakhs of his or her hard earned money...? I guess 50K might get sold in 1.5 year, they way Logan is selling
Dont worrry Mahindra is a good brand in India and service will continue even if the JV falls apart. Btw, why are you thinking in a pessimistic way? They may extend this agreement, probably that kind of agreement was drawn only to test waters, you know what i am saying.
Old 28th August 2007, 11:57   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Dont worrry Mahindra is a good brand in India and service will continue even if the JV falls apart. Btw, why are you thinking in a pessimistic way? They may extend this agreement, probably that kind of agreement was drawn only to test waters, you know what i am saying.
I am thinking that way because one of my close pals is planning to buy the Logan. Remember PAL was also a good brand! The French and the Italian connection killed it!!!! though the grave was dug up by PAL itself
Old 28th August 2007, 12:19   #55
BHPian

I saw the Logan this morning on the Outer Ring Road and was not impressed. I hope the interiors make up for the extremely boxy and plain exteriors. Am glad though, since now the attention is likely to shift from the NHC. NHC looks sleek compared to the Logan .
Old 31st August 2007, 07:40   #56
BHPian

Quote:
they say that Renault and Mahindra have a JV to produce only 50K Logan's and it might not last after that...
I think this is 50k LOGAN's per year

@E_L : No - I did not claim insurance. Slight confusion regarding the dent in the door.

@Wheeliej : Just see a Logan alongside the new City, but for the front grill i do not see a big difference in the shapes (IMHO). The logan stands taller and wider and ofcourse the shape is boxy for obvious reasons
Old 31st August 2007, 08:36   #57
Senior - BHPian

I am worried because of this article from BS Motoring. Please read the 3rd paragraph.

Tests - A no-nonsense car, anyone? - Business Standard Motoring

Same is copy pasted below:

So why should Renault offer the Logan to Mahindra? Simple, the French giant could not ignore the Indian market for long and they wanted to learn – with an Indian partner preferably – the skills that are required to build affordable cars in a sustained manner. The current joint venture for building the Logan is for just 50,000 cars, and it may or may not get extended. Perhaps Mahindra will continue to build the Logan and pay Renault a royalty for some time. In the meanwhile, the Renault-Nissan combine will have its own car plant and new small car projects on stream. As for Mahindra, they would have a smooth entry into the passenger car market with a car that is 'right' from day one and they can build on this strength and make more passenger car models in the future.
Old 2nd September 2007, 21:21   #58
BHPian

Quote:
I am worried because of this article from BS Motoring. Please read the 3rd paragraph.
Nope Amtak. I think BSM got it wrong.

Just checkout this link at the MahindraRenault site

http://www.mahindrarenault.com/logan...oad/header.htm

This is a press release and this is what it says

About Mahindra Renault
In February 2005 Mahindra & Mahindra and Renault decided to join forces to produce and commercialize Logan in India. The joint venture is a 51:49 partnership between Mahindra & Mahindra and Renault. An investment of about 100 million euros was made to set a facility with a production capacity of 50,000 cars per year. The Logan rolled out from M&M’s state-of-the-art factory located in Nashik, which offers a stamping shop, a paint shop with a top quality pre-treatment and an assembly line specific for the Logan.

Hope this clears your doubt.
Old 4th September 2007, 11:45   #59
Senior - BHPian

Thank you mate. I am sure BSM has scared a thousand others like this.
Old 12th September 2007, 23:17   #60
BHPian

Weekend drive update

Had been to Madurai this weekend and checked the highway mileage again.

19.50 kmpl is the average with full AC and 5 adults. 19+ seems to be consistent for the highway run.

Some rattling was noticed which i attribute to the present condition of the national highway after TINDIVANAM

Wiper is a pain in mild rain, the returning arm splatters some water drops on the driver side of the windsheild

Brakes bite better when pumped

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks