Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2007, 00:03   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Yes , it has stability issues at higher speeds, if thats what you were asking for.
wat kind of high speed stability issues? does it have an eps?
Old 30th December 2007, 11:14   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
No, the problem is with the soft suspension which makes the Verna feel like a Speed Boat but has fantastic ride quality for city driving.
Old 30th December 2007, 12:57   #48
rippergeo

hey hellstar! just read on one of the other threads that you're peteing your road rocket tomorrow. all the best. and please let us know how it feels. maybe a test drive after peteing for me?

and why are you not going for a CAI?

Old 30th December 2007, 13:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

hellstar

Please dont put petes in your Verna...puhleez have some mercy on others...

Just kidding. Gud luck.. Do post a report after getting pete box..
Old 30th December 2007, 13:47   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
If EPS is electronic Power Steering then no , only the i10's from the Hyundai Stable feature this type of power steering. All other Hundai cars feature hydraulic power steerings ...

If it was a typo and it was meant to be ESP , Electronic Stability Program , i still dont think it is there . But yeah Verna Sure could do with some of this progamming !
Old 30th December 2007, 13:57   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
hey hellstar! just read on one of the other threads that you're peteing your road rocket tomorrow. all the best. and please let us know how it feels. maybe a test drive after peteing for me?

and why are you not going for a CAI?

Sure you can count on the test drive !

Actually i was in cochin yesterday came back to TVM yesterday evening

I belive in taking on thinsg slowly so that i get used to stuff , that way its also easier to eliminate unwanted stuff !
Old 31st December 2007, 10:10   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Sure you can count on the test drive !

Actually i was in cochin yesterday came back to TVM yesterday evening

I belive in taking on thinsg slowly so that i get used to stuff , that way its also easier to eliminate unwanted stuff !
Got it peted?

OT,
if still at TVM, PM me or call me.
Old 7th January 2008, 22:05   #53

Hi, Hellstar, I have a Verna Diesel too and want to change the standard rims to alloy's. I read that you have got 14" alloy's on your car. I know that the PCD for verna is 100, do you know the offset value. Pls reply if you know this info. Thanks!
Old 8th January 2008, 09:29   #54
rippergeo

hellstar! peted yet? I'll be in TVM this weekend with time to spare. what about that test drive? I'll be in my stock verna.

Old 8th January 2008, 09:42   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
hey hell star,

even i have a verna vgt crdi done 20000 km due for 3rd service,without going beyond cochin and tvm.mileage figure i have got till date is 16 kmph max.and i believe mine is the first verna vgt in passion red in kerela.please update on which fuel you are using and which alloys .i am in alleppey now ,can you catch me over phone more doubts,

ram-9847046752
Dont you mean 4th service ?
Old 8th January 2008, 11:53   #56
BHPian

Just got the information from hellstar that he has peted his verna vgt and say it’s a dream come true car for him. Soon he will be writing his experience.

Surely this guy is living his life.
Old 8th January 2008, 17:05   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Just got the information from hellstar that he has peted his verna vgt and say it’s a dream come true car for him. Soon he will be writing his experience.

Surely this guy is living his life.
He is in TVM and a bit busy, expect the report on the petes box to be up soon.
Old 8th January 2008, 17:34   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
He is in TVM and a bit busy, expect the report on the petes box to be up soon.
Just talked to him. He is back at Bangy.

Too much power it seems!

Bangy guys watch out for his car.
Old 8th January 2008, 18:32   #59
Senior - BHPian

Verna VGT Pete'ed at 31000 KMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
dream come true car for him.
Short words for a feeling which is much more than that! Pal, its sure is, so here goes. Let me apologize for the delayed report, staright to the topic of interest now !

It takes about 30 minutes for an absolute first timer to install, if you have the right tools. For removing the engine cover, a size ten T-Spanner would do the trick! Immediate changes noticed after being Peted was a more silent running engine and drop in the smoke levels when the accelerator is floored. My better half also noted the initial silence. Later on a drive along to the Sangumugham Beach in Trivandrum , I really floored the car and my god , the car just took off, glueing all the five occupants of the cars to their seats . And to think that this is the level of performance the car gives, with the stock air filter is amazing. I haven’t got the Green Cotton CAI or the K&N Stock Replacement filter. Primarily coz I have an extended warranty and I do not wish to void it .

There is no major loss in FE. Day before yesterday (6th Jan 2008), I drove from Trivandrum to Bangalore. I don’t have any other numbers coz I don’t have the equipment.

Route Taken : Trivandrum -> Adoor > Thekkady -> Cumbum -> Theni -> Dindguil- > Salem-> Dharamapuri-> Krishnagiri -> Hosur -> Bangalore.
Start time : 0430 Hrs
End Time : 2015 Hrs
Total Distance : 840 KMS ( inclusive of some diversions for personal reasons )
Fuel Consumed : 39 Litres ( HP Turbojet from E-Fuel Pumps, Full tank to full tank)
FE = 21.5 Kmpl ! – so no effect on the mileage !

Agreed Salem – Krishnagiri is absolutely horrible, but in daylight its do-able, I did it at night and it was horrendous

On my way to Bangalore came across alteast 12 different vernas, including two of them which were traveling in the same direction. One of them I saw in the Kumily ghat section and was a VGT and was struggling desperately to keep up with the Peted Verna in the curves. Another one I came across when I was nearing Salem on good straight roads, yep again a VGT . He was doing about 140 KMPH , I passed him like a breeze and immediately , I could see him down shifting from the thick smoke and try to get back , I let him be as with power comes responsibility, but not before letting him struggle for a while to catch up.. hehehe that’s pretty devilish of me I know …after a while he had slowed down and started doing some real crazy stunts so i pulled over for a break and let him pass.

Right now my vehicle is at 31000 KMS and going strong the OEM tyres (175/70/R14 MRF ZVTS) will be up for a change in the next 5000 KMS . I am evaluating 195/65/R14 Tyres for the change .There is a 1.42% change in the circumference, see calculation below.

I am currently on 6J alloys, initially I thought that the car was running 5.5J alloys but while on a recent visit to the tyre balancing centre I found that the alloys were actually 6J. I also calculate that there will be a increase of 4.25 mm in the GC which i think i can use in future

I have taken all care to see that car looks as stock as possible from outside ,no loud noises, no fancy sticker work , no decals nothing no not even the Petes logo sticker at the back . I wanna make my car a real sleeper. The car completed 1 year on 19th Dec 2007 and I even received a SMS from Hyundai Customer service . I had upgraded my HU ( from a Sony MEXR1 to a JVC KD AVX33 HU) and Pete’fied the car , in a way these are the first birthday gifts to my car ! ..Now lets talk about reasons to pimp your ride!

Last edited by hellstar : 8th January 2008 at 18:52.
Old 8th January 2008, 18:59   #60
Team-BHP Support

i suggest you get 195/60 r14. you will have a much wider choice in that size.

and dont worry about the warranty after getting the green filter. it all depends on how well you know the dealership.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks