Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 11:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

@badri - Good to know that you are enjoying your Accent CRDI. Diesels last long and are reliable. Key to their longitivity is to maintain them on a regular basis.
Old 12th February 2009, 13:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Please use one or two tankfuls of normal diesel and report if there's any improvement in FE. Your feedback will be most welcome. I have personally noted an FE increase by 1-1.5km/l when using normal diesel rather than XtraMile.
I have used normal diesel too, while travelling out of Chennai. I always use SYSTEM-D with every tankup. The only noticable mileage improvement was when i used Reliance DIESEL.

Else, I find extramile to be smoother on the engine. The Mileage has always been in variations of +/- 1 kmpl. Reliance Diesel gives atleast 30% more but you also pay more and it works out to a similar cost IMO.
Old 12th February 2009, 21:04   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
I always use SYSTEM-D with every tankup. The only noticable mileage improvement was when i used Reliance DIESEL.
Please try normal diesel of any petroleum co. without any additives for one or 2 tankfuls and let us know. I was filling diesel in exactly the same manner as you, and Reliance diesel, while it was being sold, gave much better performance and FE. None of the Reliance pumps in North India is open nowadays.

Interestingly, I found both Hyundai and Toyota officially advise against using premium diesel fuel in their cars.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 12th February 2009 at 21:05.
Old 12th February 2009, 21:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please try normal diesel of any petroleum co. without any additives for one or 2 tankfuls and let us know. I was filling diesel in exactly the same manner as you, and Reliance diesel, while it was being sold, gave much better performance and FE. None of the Reliance pumps in North India is open nowadays.

Interestingly, I found both Hyundai and Toyota officially advise against using premium diesel fuel in their cars.
Hi, I have used normal diesel too...without additives - More than the reduction in FE, the engine smoothness is not as I expect it to be, hence I stick to Super Diesel and System D additives though it is superlative to use both.
Old 13th February 2009, 06:36   #20
BHPian

@ Headers: I think the problem may not be the engine mountings. If it is the case, the vibration should be there at that rpm even in neutral. I will keep this in my check list for the next service though.

@SS- Traveller: Good to see that you have put some good mileage on your car in a little over four years. I guess a diesel car is meant to be treated that way. Looking forward for your 1 lakh Km review

@aravindr: I agree with you on the point about smoothness. The car may be noisy but the vibration levels are comparable to other 4 cylinder crdi engines especially at cruising speeds.

@dieselfan: Thanks for your words. I completely agree with you on the importance of regular services. In fact i have the tendency to be a little ahead of schedule.

Last edited by badri : 13th February 2009 at 06:37.
Old 15th February 2009, 13:28   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Accent Viva CRDi Engine Mountings Replaced

Had all the 3 engine mountings on my Accent Viva CRDi replaced yesterday - 88.5k km. No major problems, just a vibration/rattling when engaging clutch at idle from standstill. The engine was sitting lower and just touching the sump-guard plate. The front mount had gone (see pic). Time taken - 2 hours. Cost - Rs.2500.
Attached Thumbnails
Accent Viva CRDI 38000 Kms report-abcd0018.jpg  

Old 16th February 2009, 07:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
@ Headers: I think the problem may not be the engine mountings.
Quote:
Had all the 3 engine mountings on my Accent Viva CRDi replaced yesterday - 88.5k km. No major problems, just a vibration/rattling when engaging clutch at idle from standstill. The engine was sitting lower and just touching the sump-guard plate. The front mount had gone (see pic). Time taken - 2 hours. Cost - Rs.2500.
Thats some nice information. Thanks guys for confirming my diagnostics!
Old 18th February 2009, 11:35   #23
BHPian

Hi guys!

I too own an almost 150k (146k as of today) old Accent Viva CRDI. I just love this car. Even After 150K its still got a lot in it to put a lot of big cars to shame on the highway. Will be posting a detailed review asa it touches 150K. BTW its the same model as SS-Traveller's that is December 2004.

Have a lot to write about this gem of a car but short on time. Will do so soon.

Cheers!
Old 18th February 2009, 20:52   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Hi guys!

I too own an almost 150k (146k as of today) old Accent Viva CRDI. ...December 2004.

That's an amazing number of miles in 50 months - an average of almost 3k km each month, or 100 km/day.

Would love to read more about the maintenance issues you have faced over this period. Please post soon.
Old 19th February 2009, 07:18   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys!

I too own an almost 150k (146k as of today) old Accent Viva CRDI. I just love this car. Even After 150K its still got a lot in it to put a lot of big cars to shame on the highway. Will be posting a detailed review asa it touches 150K. BTW its the same model as SS-Traveller's that is December 2004.

Cheers!
Vinay, Thats a lot of kms for a 4 year old car. Looks like the car has already given back your money's worth and still has a lot to go.. Looking forward for your long term review.

cheers
badri
Old 21st February 2009, 11:18   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Was this at the Hyundai A.S.S ? I think I too need to change them. It rattles a lot when I crank the engine and in large bumps too. I inquired at the Hyundai Motor Plaza here in Delhi and they quoted Rs.3300 for a single piece!
Old 21st February 2009, 15:04   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Was this at the Hyundai A.S.S ? I inquired at the Hyundai Motor Plaza here in Delhi and they quoted Rs.3300 for a single piece!
That's why I had it done outside. PM me and I'll tell you where.
Old 12th May 2009, 14:31   #28
BHPian

68000kms-solenoid kaput

Guys,

One of the solenoids ( the one which controls EGR ) has stuck and had to be replaced. The car was spewing smoke when moving from stand still. There was no smoke during cruising or accelerating on the roll.

Damage to the wallet: 8k.

Enroute I underwent a frustrating experience trying to convince the service engineer that the problem is solenoid and not the injectors. He Had lined up my car for removing the injectors.

Will keep you updated if there are any further developments.

Last edited by badri : 12th May 2009 at 14:32.
Old 12th May 2009, 15:57   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

EGR solenoid for 8k? Sounds a little far out... Was this from HMP? Do you have a Hyundai Motor Plaza in B'lore?

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 12th May 2009 at 15:59.
Old 12th May 2009, 17:57   #30
BHPian

Dr SS, We do not have HMP in Bangalore. The price of the solenoid is similar in both the authorized service centres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks