Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2016, 17:05   #136
BHPian

Re: Honda CRV, Update: 80,000 kms and pathetic Honda service!

Let us catch up? Want to have a quick assessment of how my steering, fuel efficiency, suspension is performing (compared to another similar car)
Old 9th May 2016, 10:35   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekrvcse View Post
Let us catch up? Want to have a quick assessment of how my steering, fuel efficiency, suspension is performing (compared to another similar car)
Sure we can.I've been wanting to do the same to see how my car is compared to similarly aged CRV's. My car figures around 7km/ltr (maybe because its an automatic). Steering is absolutely fine. Goes without saying that the CRV suspension isn't exactly tough like the Innova or the fortuner but is good enough for city and highway usage.

My biggest problem is that my seats are ripping everywhere. Looking to get it upholstered.
Old 25th May 2016, 09:29   #138
BHPian

Hello Guys,
I am planning to buy a new Honda CR-V 2.4 AT. The running of my car is not much, my superb has just done 29K kms in 5 years, just looking to buy an SUV for regular Konkan trips and usual city runs. Working in the oil field the car would be idle for half of the year as my wife does not drives.

Would like some input from you guys, especially Jaggu if you can please, as there not many ownership reviews on the forums here.

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 9th April 2018, 10:43   #139

HI All,

Have shortlisted a 2004 honda crv 2.0 AT. Odo reading is 95k with service record. However, at time of test drive, I felt the power delivery to be sluggish from stand still, after 20kmph it went smooth. I am not convinced that an AT with 2.0 has this much sluggish approach from stand still.

Can you please throw some light on this or is it normal for crv to have sluggish approach from stand still.

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th April 2018, 12:24   #140
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeshdamle View Post
Would like some input from you guys, especially Jaggu if you can please, as there not many ownership reviews on the forums here..
Somehow missed this, curious to know what happened though

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmDivine View Post
Can you please throw some light on this or is it normal for crv to have sluggish approach from stand still.

Thanks in advance.
2 liter is under powered but it cannot be that sluggish also, why don't you get it checked at an authorised honda workshop before you take a call? That would be the best option.
Old 9th April 2018, 13:09   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the input, I contacted the ASC who serviced the car regularly and as per them it i because of AT system that you get a bit sluggishness in beginning. I have driven many cars and all of them were manual. This is the first time I drove an AT, I may be wrong here however just wanted to get your opinion, when compared to manual does AT vehicle are slow to move from standstill.

Apart from that is there any other specific thing to look forward before buying an AT CRV 2.0 which is more than 14 years old.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ampere : 9th April 2018 at 13:11. Reason: Formatted quoted post
Old 9th April 2018, 13:19   #142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmDivine View Post
Apart from that is there any other specific thing to look forward before buying an AT CRV 2.0 which is more than 14 years old.
Do a complete check without fail, the reason being the parts are costly and most often unavailable, has to be ordered from Japan. So a thorough check of mechanicals including suspension, brakes and drive train, electrical, other stuff like ORVM is needed.

Since it is 14 year old car, i would definitely get a detailed check done, however juicy the deal is.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 04:41   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Thaks Jaggu, this was prior to buying the Honda CR-V, which I eventually bought in Aug 2016 a 2.4L AWD AT. Have been using it since then for regular outdoor trips. Very happy with the space and performance so far.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th April 2018 at 13:43. Reason: fixing broken quotes.
jayeshdamle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 11:37   #144

jayesh, do you still have the CR-V 2.4L AWD AT? If so could you please share your current opinion based on past one year long experience?
Old 16th October 2019, 12:24   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerover09 View Post
jayesh, do you still have the CR-V 2.4L AWD AT? If so could you please share your current opinion based on past one year long experience?

I have a 5 year old crv 2.4, what would you like to know?
Old 18th November 2020, 02:31   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
I have a 5 year old crv 2.4, what would you like to know?

Hi Moom, I am evaluating getting a 2017 CRV 2.4 AWD AT as a second car for my wife and wanted to know your experience thus far.
It would great to get your feedback on reliability , driving comfort , mileage and niggles to watch out for.
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Sid
Old 19th November 2020, 00:25   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
Hi Moom, I am evaluating getting a 2017 CRV 2.4 AWD AT as a second car for my wife and wanted to know your experience thus far.
It would great to get your feedback on reliability , driving comfort , mileage and niggles to watch out for.
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Sid
replied to your pm. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 12th January 2022, 02:55   #148
BHPian

Hi, what are the common problems to look out for, and the recommended asking price in Bangalore if we're planning to get a 2004-2006 Honda CR-V? We plan to keep it for atleast 5 years and I've come across a few examples which have 79k(lowest) and 110k(highest considered). The 79k one is a 2003 model and the 110k one is a 2006. Are there any differences apart from the looks? Would like to know if the older one is built better and would last longer as the same one was shown on Scotty Kilmer's channel on YouTube. Thanks!
Old 15th November 2023, 05:59   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechItaliaMoto View Post
Hi, what are the common problems to look out for, and the recommended asking price in Bangalore if we're planning to get a 2004-2006 Honda CR-V? We plan to keep it for atleast 5 years and I've come across a few examples which have 79k(lowest) and 110k(highest considered). The 79k one is a 2003 model and the 110k one is a 2006. Are there any differences apart from the looks? Would like to know if the older one is built better and would last longer as the same one was shown on Scotty Kilmer's channel on YouTube. Thanks!
I've owned the 2006 CR-V and the only major problem for this generation was the AC compressor. There's plenty of videos on YT about the so-called "black death" of the AC system failing because of the bad compressor. Apparently the '05 and '06 models got better units so these years had fewer complaints.

Also the the last two years had side airbags on the two two trims. Always good to have as much protection as you can get, specially on India's highways.

As for which year's model would last the longest, it depends on the engine and the service history really. The K24 is a gem provided it was looked after. My CR-V ran like butter even at 308,000 km and there was not a single rattle or niggle. Do inspect the front & back control arms for rust (if any) as that'll affect the handling and tire life.
steelybrooks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 17:39   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechItaliaMoto View Post
Hi, what are the common problems to look out for, and the recommended asking price in Bangalore if we're planning to get a 2004-2006 Honda CR-V? Thanks!
The 2006 will have a facelift and auto start stop key less entry, rear spoiler and the exhaust tip.

The 2003 did not have all these as standard fitment.

I have a 2004 done 51000 kms self driven till date, its my go to car and I intend to keep it permanently till GOI tells me I cant drive it anymore .

No major issues with the car if theyre well kept. One of the best cars for India. I would readily get the new CRV if Honda launched it in India.

Price wise I think 5-10 should be the range for the CRV depending on condition, number of owners, and mileage.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks