Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2008, 17:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Attention: All SX4 owners

Got this from OMishra...and posting for benfit of all

Here is some update for you. Please cut paste this message to appropriate website forum too.

At this time my car is with Dealer workshop for last 3 days for 10K KM service. During this time I sat with the mechanic and my doubts are confirmed.
Low end vibrations are due to week Engine mounts and less pickup is due to change in front drive shaft assembly. Both are redesigned and altered by MUL and circular is out with Dealers.

Exact part numbers and changes, differences after change I can tell after I get my car on Monday evening.

Pls check with your dealers/workshops if your Car is also having clutch/acclerator pedal vibrations or judder while moving from stop in 1st gear.

Pls update this thread with feedback too if any.
Sorry guys, been away for a week.. and I knew this was coming! I had already told ya guys that the drive shaft and the engine mounts were the problems.. anyway, for me the engine mount correction is still left.. maybe I need to contact them again ! Good that Maruti is listening..

Quote:
Yes, I just checked in morning. Its gone. Car is very powerful and responsive in lower gear low rpm, smooth in terms of vibrations.
Exactly my friend.. I had been saying that all this time after the drive shaft change... btw, congrats on the new experience

Last edited by iTNerd : 4th May 2008 at 17:42.
Old 4th May 2008, 19:28   #32
BHPian

I called the maruti toll free and they said that they don't have plan to change the shafts in all the cars. If you find problem in your car ask the dealer to check, if it is then they would change it.
Old 5th May 2008, 10:40   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Good that Maruti is listening..
Yes it is true and I have all experiences with MUL/Dealer are positive.

Quote:
Exactly my friend.. I had been saying that all this time after the drive shaft change... btw, congrats on the new experience
Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
If you find problem in your car ask the dealer to check, if it is then they would change it.
Yes its car specific. I agree don't let them play with car until you feel problem. Specially on little slop as well as stop and go. In my case, my earlier experience with engine reponse was so sluggish and pathetic that Indica or santro were better. Earlier I could equate performance of my SX4 along side Alto with AC on. (I mean on slope as well as stop and go)
Now definitely miles ahead.

Last edited by omishra : 5th May 2008 at 10:45.
Old 9th May 2008, 20:48   #34
BHPian

I contacted the MSM dealer and told them that I wanted to change the engine mount & shafts and it seems to be smoother after the change (referred by friends). The technician agreed to change it. My car has slight gear vibration and little jerk in 2nd/3rd gear, so I am going to change it during my 3rd the service, may be in next 2 weeks.
Old 12th May 2008, 10:06   #35
BHPian

[quote=omishra;812225]Here are changes -
1. Engine mounts
2. Both front drive assemblies.
3. Engine Oil (Mobil1 SuperSyn)
4. Oil Filter
5. Some plastic clips under front fender.

Drive experience after change -
1. Engine vibration from standstill to motion: It improved drastically, i can see releasing clutch slowly on plan surface without acceleration doesn't produce any vibration. On uphill it is reduced by 90% (still I can feel little bit of vibration, 10% compared prior to change)<- I think this is common.
2. Uphill stop and go: This is also not having any major vibration and same as above 1.
3.Power: Certainly now if I did not press accelerator then engine is not dieing for power. It balances car with idle rpm on our buildings parking ramp without knocking. I need to floor accelerator to move ahead. On more slop I need to give little acceleration but car moves responsively.
Responsiveness of car increased.
4. Effect of Mobil1: I have to find out because initial observation about temperature, it is stable at 1/2 position. Noise and power I could not make difference in my 25 KM driving.

THIS WAS THE ACTUAL CAR SX4 -I WAS EXPECTING.

About changes - This was for certain cars, Dealer have circular mentioning chassis number. During service they are changing it.

now part lists is here -

Hello Omishra I discussed this issue with Motorcraft noida yesterday
what they said ther are not aware of such thisng and has not received any circular in this regard.
Can you pls get the details of chasis number range and circular number maruti has send.It will benefit many people.
Can you also letus l your MASS name.
Thanks
Old 13th May 2008, 10:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Finally, my dealer is arranging a close inspection of my car with the visiting MSIL engineers on coming 15th May on the issue of clutch vibration. I am hoping they will do something to the engine mounts!

On the side note, it appears i am getting anywhere between 13-13.5 kmpl average FE for the 35 litres I drove post-drive shaft replacement under city! My odometer reads 447 kms and the fuel gauage indicator is pointing at 3rd tick! All this with full blast AC, and including numerous occasion of engine idling to use the AC in delhi's hot summer. This car does not fail to surprise me even within a year ownership.cheers:

Last edited by iTNerd : 13th May 2008 at 10:51.
Old 13th May 2008, 12:07   #37
BHPian

Quote:
On the side note, it appears i am getting anywhere between 13-13.5 kmpl average FE for the 35 litres I drove post-drive shaft replacement under city! My odometer reads 447 kms and the fuel gauage indicator is pointing at 3rd tick! All this with full blast AC, and including numerous occasion of engine idling to use the AC in delhi's hot summer. This car does not fail to surprise me even within a year ownership.cheers:
Me too! Its sure, post drive shaft replacement I am getting 13+ in City with 100% AC. I can crawl without accelerator, just by using clutch only.
Old 13th May 2008, 12:33   #38
BHPian

Hello Omishra
I am also facing this issue and I discussed this issue with Motorcraft noida yesterday what they said ther are not aware of such thisng and has not received any circular in this regard.
Can you pls get the details of chasis number range and circular number maruti has send.It will benefit many people.
Can you also let us know your MASS name.
Thanks
Old 13th May 2008, 14:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can crawl without accelerator, just by using clutch only
Can't agree more.. city drive is a brisk now

Quote:
Hello Omishra
I am also facing this issue and I discussed this issue with Motorcraft noida yesterday what they said ther are not aware of such thisng and has not received any circular in this regard.
Can you also let us know your MASS name.
Thanks
Amit, with my reference, one of team-bhp SX4 owner also got his drive shaft changed at RANA motors.. You could do so too. PM me if you want the supervisor contact

Last edited by iTNerd : 13th May 2008 at 14:27.
Old 13th May 2008, 18:09   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Can't agree more.. city drive is a brisk now
Do not agree? How can you drive with 1 feet/sec speed? same time avoiding sneaking bikers in between.
Old 14th June 2008, 16:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

hey, just to update. I got some accessories added.
* Mobile/PDA universal holder
* Steel Door Guard
* Muffler Exhaust Tip

SX4 - rocking at 6000 kms-dsc03214.jpg

SX4 - rocking at 6000 kms-dsc03220.jpg

SX4 - rocking at 6000 kms-dsc03228.jpg

SX4 - rocking at 6000 kms-dsc03226.jpg

SX4 - rocking at 6000 kms-dsc03225.jpg

SX4 - rocking at 6000 kms-dsc03298.jpg

SX4 - rocking at 6000 kms-dsc03230.jpg
Old 14th June 2008, 20:18   #42
Senior - BHPian

IT Nerd, The floor mats in your SX4 look good and as do the seat covers. Where did you pick them up and how much did they cost you. I really need some good seat covers and mats for my car.
Old 15th June 2008, 00:04   #43
BHPian

is the steel door guard MGA one ?
Old 15th June 2008, 00:44   #44
BHPian

for a moment i thought you had GPS installed. That is a neat mobile holder.

I love this car and coincidentally share the same colour as yours.

The seat covers look different did you get after market Leather seat covers?

Looking at your stitched steering cover quite possible. Is that Stanley?
Old 15th June 2008, 13:22   #45
Senior - BHPian

Very nice additions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
is the steel door guard MGA one ?
I think those are not MGA. This is what I got as MGA. Sorry for the bad pic, took in non stop rain in NCR

SX4 - rocking at 6000 kms-dscn2053.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks