Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2009, 19:50   #61
BHPian

I had gone for my 10k servicing when the works manager reported that the auto locking feature(car doors should automatically lock up after 20 secs of shutting all doors when the engine is running) in my car is not working.
I was astonished on the revelation of this secret feature which I was not aware of. Anyways, like good man I told him to fix the problem while I would patiently wait for three hours(estimated time quoted for fixing the problem!). The mechanic kept on fiddling with the wiring loom underneath the dashboard and also under the hood, when they finally decided to announce that the feature is not present in the car!
I was not expecting much out of them, so I also willingly took my car and got back.
After 12,000km plus on the clock, I have not encountered any vibrating sounds from the places which you have mentioned. However, there is very loud vibrating sound when I brake in the reverse(this takes place when the car is taken out of the garage). Any ideas, why this happens?
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Cedia - A 6000KM report-_mg_7113.jpg  

Old 4th February 2009, 22:46   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
After 12,000km plus on the clock, I have not encountered any vibrating sounds from the places which you have mentioned. However, there is very loud vibrating sound when I brake in the reverse(this takes place when the car is taken out of the garage). Any ideas, why this happens?
Cold brakes - happens on my car too only when taking out of the garage. The service guys here say there's nothing to be worried about.
Old 5th February 2009, 18:20   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Cold brakes - happens on my car too only when taking out of the garage. The service guys here say there's nothing to be worried about.
That's a relief! I was of the opinion that this will become another mystry to be solved by the service engineer.
I believe that the sound is due to the rear disks, as this didnot happen in Honda City.
Old 5th February 2009, 18:39   #64
BHPian

I too have it in the morning for the first one min or so. It should be the cold brake as reignofchaos mentioned.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks