Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 13:37   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Not in my case. You'll have to get it thoroughly checked.
Sure Ashutosh. I will try to get it done this weekend.
I was thinking to change the tyres to Michellin XM+. Will there be much improvement in the ride quality, tyre noise etc after the tyre change?
Old 19th May 2010, 11:39   #77
BHPian

Try upgrading to 15 inchers if you are going for alloys. Logan in europe has a model with 15 inch tyers and 100 hp power. Innova tyres kind should be really good for ride comfort
Old 19th May 2010, 12:24   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
Sure Ashutosh. I will try to get it done this weekend.
I was thinking to change the tyres to Michellin XM+. Will there be much improvement in the ride quality, tyre noise etc after the tyre change?
Michelins are much much better than the stock JKs, but I will still suggest you to go through the Tyre and Alloy Wheel section to look around for which tyre suits your requirements the best.

I am running 195/60 R 15s Continental CPC2s and am pretty happy with the comfort and grip level.

Also, go for 15" only if you want better looks, because the lower the tyre profile, the less comfortable it gets.

The correct upsizes for the Logan are (stock size is 185/70 R14):
195/65 R14
195/60 R15
205/55 R15
Old 24th May 2010, 14:33   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
If anything, diesel should be the better choice since Renault make far more diesels than Petrol, and diesel engines are the backbone of their EU sales. Also, do you have any specific information regarding diesel engine unreliability in Logan, or was it a more generalized comment on Renault cars overall reliability?
I too agree with this. Once Logan's diesel was on my wish list. But didn't go for it due to 1L more than my 5L (Ex-showroom) budget. Also have once heard a Meru cab driver saying very good things about Logan. He said Meru purchases hundreds & hundreds of logan and they rarely face any problem, but with Tata Indigo they face lot of problems.. something like that.
Old 2nd October 2010, 19:22   #80
BHPian

Guys, which is the best Mahindra service centre in Delhi. After a couple of days I will have to get my Logan 1.6 serviced. Also, there a couple of small dents on the right side doors and I am thinking of getting them fixed. My experience with the centre in Noida has not been so great.
Old 25th July 2011, 15:11   #81
BHPian

Re: Why I bought Logan 1.6 GLS (Petrol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
Guys, which is the best Mahindra service centre in Delhi. After a couple of days I will have to get my Logan 1.6 serviced. Also, there a couple of small dents on the right side doors and I am thinking of getting them fixed. My experience with the centre in Noida has not been so great.
Would like to know if you found a 'good' Mahindra service center in all of NCR. Koncept noida is horrible no doubt, their workshop in Okhla Ind area
is worse.
Old 28th August 2011, 12:31   #82
BHPian

Hi Sush, there havn't been updates to this thread, how is the Logan 1.6 doing? I'm picking up a 2007 1.6 GLX this weekend.
Old 10th August 2012, 12:05   #83

Hey sush...thanks to you I have picked up a Logan 1.6 GLS second hand...my wife and I love the car for his bold robust looks and reasonlably good performance!... please do provid updates about your Logan
Old 10th August 2012, 12:08   #84

Hi sush...thanks to your review I picked up a Logan 1.6 GLS couple of months back..both my wife and I love the car... please do provide updates on your Logan
Old 11th April 2019, 20:43   #85

Its been 7 years since the last post on this thread.
I bought a second hand logan petrol 1.6 in 2010. it was 35 k on odo then.
Its been running on michelin XM+ since then.
A lot of TLC and driving fun later, I find myself in 2019 still driving the beast around. It has 111K on it now.
Someone mentioned that there is a 16V 100hp logan in europe. They sold a few of them in India too. Mine is one of those. Lucky me.
I still get 16+ km on highway and 13+ in traffic.
Over the years, rear suspension, alternator, fuel pump, engine mounting, speed sensor, and a few other knick knacks have been replaced. It has always loved semisynthetic oil and still cranks up instantly and rides like a dream.
When the time comes, this one will be hard to replace.
Ps. I went back to being a student so replacing the car was not an option for me.
freerider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks