Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2008, 19:02   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj Biswas View Post
To break the monotony of cold desert landscapes, thought I'd post some pics of the black beast covered in pure white, in the Shimla winters. The pics are from a phone, so please pardon the quality

In fact, I was equally impressed by the grip the Adventure displayed on snow, it would easily hold and pull in very slippery conditions. If I had a wish, it would be to have a 4-wheel option on this car..!
One word...Zabardaaast!!

I'm sure your Adventure ate all those snowflakes???

You ought to post these experiences in the Travelogues section..

Keep them coming...

Cheers~
Old 11th August 2008, 19:18   #47
Senior - BHPian

@ Manoj Biswas - awesome pics

were the wipers working properly after the snowfall? i thought it is better to keep them off the windscreen when you park the car overnight during snowfall??
Old 12th August 2008, 10:21   #48
BHPian

Quote:
To break the monotony of cold desert landscapes, thought I'd post some pics of the black beast covered in pure white, in the Shimla winters. The pics are from a phone, so please pardon the quality

In fact, I was equally impressed by the grip the Adventure displayed on snow, it would easily hold and pull in very slippery conditions. If I had a wish, it would be to have a 4-wheel option on this car..!
Awesome pics again. One question. Do I see a Red on Yellow license plate? Or is it due to the bad pic quality?
More pics please. I really love the pic from the Himalaya series where it shows the Adventure driving towards the mountains. It is the 'money shot'. Showing off the true nature of this car.
Old 12th August 2008, 11:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
One question. Do I see a Red on Yellow license plate? Or is it due to the bad pic quality?
i guess the car had temporary registration plates on when the pic was taken - check out the new tail light cluster
Old 12th August 2008, 16:53   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
i guess the car had temporary registration plates on when the pic was taken - check out the new tail light cluster
@ planet_rocker...bulls eye!

On the wipers bit...keeping the wiper blades off the windscreen is a good idea, specially when one gets frost on the car at night, which damages the wiper rubber. This snow you see on the Adventure was caused by a single 3-hour fall in one morning, so no time to fix the wipers ! Though of-course, snow or frost, if the wiper rubber is properly cleaned with a damp towel before they are used in such conditions, they work perfectly well.

Thanks for the appreciation, Planet_rocker, thalavoy and rudrah..
Old 15th August 2008, 10:41   #51
Senior - BHPian

Manoj fantastic pics!!!

I have come across this thread at the right time as i have picked a used Adventure yesterday
Old 16th August 2008, 17:18   #52
BHPian

Congratulations Lohith, you sure have made the right choice mate! Welcome to the Adventure Club...how's the beast doing?
Old 16th August 2008, 18:55   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Lohith, you sure have made the right choice mate! Welcome to the Adventure Club...how's the beast doing?
Have left the car for servicing today, will get in few days....and then on fly free all the while i used ask for road conditions i guess now i need to just go
Old 17th August 2008, 10:16   #54
Senior - BHPian

Manoj, have started a new thread on my new acquisition you can find the updates here...http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...adventure.html
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:02   #55
BHPian

Awesome pics and an equally awesome machine to make it look like a dream. Wish they still continued to make that one. Great pics buddy.
Old 27th April 2009, 10:50   #56
BHPian

Thanks Tinnieboy!.

Unfortunately the Adventure is not in production in India anymore..but there's not much to worry about, I recently required some spares for the Adventure, and some peculiar ones to boot..thought it would take ages to procure them, but they came in pronto and all was hunky dory.

The beast continues to be awesome.. I just love this machine and am so happy that I took the decision to pick it up in the first place!
Old 13th March 2012, 22:48   #57
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Adventure 1.6 Sport in the Himalayas..19 months/19,000 km report

HI Manoj, whats the update on your adventure, also when did you move out of Shimla?
Old 13th March 2012, 23:17   #58
BHPian

Hi Manoj,

Do you pass Opera House every day enroute to work ? If yes, I never knew you were a bhpian but knew it for a fact that the guy driving this car would be an enthusiast.
Old 20th March 2012, 11:52   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
HI Manoj, whats the update on your adventure, also when did you move out of Shimla?
Hi Wondernomad, I moved to Mumbai 2 years back (with my Adventure). The car has been through a lot and still gives me all the driving and ownership joy that it did in the first 19 moths detailed earlier. Though it does miss the mountains, like it's owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
Hi Manoj,

Do you pass Opera House every day enroute to work ? If yes, I never knew you were a bhpian but knew it for a fact that the guy driving this car would be an enthusiast.
Hey thanks Kavesh and yes, I do cross Opera House in the morning on the way to work..do you live there?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

** Read the forum rules here before posting any further **

Last edited by n_aditya : 20th March 2012 at 13:29. Reason: merged posts
Old 2nd March 2020, 10:33   #60
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Nice to come across such threads. The pictures of the car show that the wanderlust tribe is there in every generation of car owners. So is there any update on the ownership? Is it sold now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks