Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2008, 01:39   #1
BHPian

The Yellow WASP 1.9D is history

Friends
I bid adieu to my Beloved Yellow Wasp today. Withstanding its name, It had Sting, It was yellow and it was a Babe..... It turned Heads, Girls turned around to look at me , okay okay , the car.
It ran like a Strong wind and Yessir, IT had BALLs of Steel. I do not remember any car on the Highway which I wanted to overtake but could not.

Experience
I am a freak by nature, I fall in love with things which people hate, Yezdis, Palios. I do not why but I have to be Unique and Dandy. The wasp was a sequel to a 1.2 Petrol version and It gave me bad habits of having ample space and legroom, power on ankle twists. The diesel was sweeter as it had a small appetite but huge metabolism. I gave me a Mileage of 18-20, on highways , in city, anywhere. The torque was evident in all aspects speed, Pick up, boost....Till the Swift came along, My bro bought a Swift Ldi and Suddenly, the Palio was slower, Heavier and Sluggish. Frantic contacts with Viper for a Clip on turbo (he he ) yielded advise of upgrading( baba clip on turbo hota to bhi kahan lagata, There is no damned space under that Bonnet). Upgrade means a bigger Car and the shortlised cars were Dzire and Safari.

I must say that the 1.9 D will be legay which nobody can copy, I loved this ultimate blend of Power and Sex Appeal, ADIOS O YELLOW ONE.......@ 39800 KMS

NEW RIDE UPDATE IN THE WHAT CAR SECTION
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...tml#post976608
Attached Thumbnails
The Yellow WASP 1.9D is history-yellowwasp.jpg  

Last edited by rohitgaur : 14th September 2008 at 01:41.
Old 14th September 2008, 06:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey Dude...Its an awesome car.Im sure you will be left with many memories and remembrance.Enjoy ur new ride.
Old 14th September 2008, 08:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

So how much maintenance did you spend in those 39k km? And how much money on farkles?
Old 14th September 2008, 10:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

I'm still in love with my 1.9D. Not so sure about how Swift and Dzire handles it, but I heard its better with MJD. With this small(BIG) car that is still going good since its launch, I dont expect it to beat newer cars with MJD in all departments. It has its own advantages and I guess I can use it for few more years. My wife also likes the torque and feels good when she compares it with her experiances with neighbour's cars in the same category.

Has anyone explored TDing this one yet? I agree, under bonnet space is a big issue here. at one point in time, I was also dreaming that if I can put the new 1.9 MJD (comes with Bravo) to it, but then I think whatever this model has its good enough for the normal city driving and its been giving a great pleasure on highways as well, So I shall just keep enjoying it and go for the tough SUV in future whenever I see opportunity in future.

I'm going to complete 3 years soon, never had any issues with the maintenance, just get the normal services done in time and take a good care and you will ride on for a long time. I'm not sure, does the naturally aspirated diesel in this baby lasts longer than other cRDIs and MJD?

Last edited by Ketan : 14th September 2008 at 10:15.
Old 14th September 2008, 11:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

Rohit, your yellow wasp still looks pretty!

I feel it is not worth upgrading just for the sake of turbo engine! Just my 2 cents....!
Old 14th September 2008, 12:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nice looking car you are bidding adieu. The yellow looks sporting and stunning. How much did your wasp go for?
Old 14th September 2008, 12:43   #7
BHPian

In case it hasn't yet left.
Would you please give the preference to Tbhpians as prospective buyers???
Old 14th September 2008, 14:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

rohit, why didnt you go for an MJD ?
Old 14th September 2008, 19:55   #9
BHPian

friends
to answer your queries
  • No Palio anymore, nobody buys it back, in case one wishes to upgrade there is a long waiting for a buyer.
  • The car is gone, it is with a dealer now, actual sale price was 225K.In case anyone wants it go to Aditya Business group: Buy or Sell Used cars , finance, car loan in chandigarh, panchkula, mohali and speak to them.
  • I bought this car used @25K odo , 14K kms down the line, money spent on maintenance would be 20K , includes the cost of a new battery.
  • I still am driving a wolf, but its got a sexy sheepskin cape.....
  • the naturally aspirated engine mated to that finicky oil pump and those complicated electricals gets 1 lakh KM fine but beyond that it plays up.
  • @phamilybhai....errr pls ignore my ignorance , what are farkles?
No doubt it was sporty, i still cringe when I see someone else driving it but now I have a perkier babe. it feels as if i ve come from mumbai to bangkok
Old 15th September 2008, 07:52   #10
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitgaur View Post
friends
to answer your queries[list]
[*]I bought this car used @25K odo , 14K kms down the line, money spent on maintenance would be 20K , includes the cost of a new battery.
You spent 20K on maintenance over 14K kilometers?
other than the battery, what else did you spend on?

Old 15th September 2008, 13:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Ripper ji,

I had a query with a gent for a 1.9D, 70k km down, 2.5-3L spent in maintenance in four years!
Old 15th September 2008, 22:27   #12
BHPian

probably that is why I decided to let it go. however money spent went on clutch nipples etc, belts, bearings...

again .....@phamilybhai....errr pls ignore my ignorance , what are farkles?

Last edited by rohitgaur : 15th September 2008 at 22:29.
Old 16th September 2008, 10:34   #13
rippergeo

scary story. the petrol palio was never costly to maintain when I had it.

Farkles-
This is what I thought it meant.
shiny bits that supposedly enhance the looks, but do not do much for performance

but I did a search
Motorcycle farkle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it means the opposite.

Old 16th September 2008, 11:23   #14
BHPian

Adios Wasp, The Swift ate it

I am posting here my final decision which I have posted in the What car section under my query for a Tucson, Safari or Dzire: Mods pls change the Title to : From the Yellow Wasp Palio 1.9D to Swift VDi

I went for a Swift VDi
Friends
I believe that all of you are gonna hate me for this......after too much thinking and weighing the Decision of whether to keep the SAFARI dream running to climax, or continue with my Palio Yellow Wasp!!!!!

On Friday evening with a decision to change the Car anywhich way ,went to the Joshi Autozone TATA Dealership in chandigarh, The Loan was sanctioned , ran into a couple of Safari owner aquaintances and ......The Safari was out. To afford a Safari that way , why lose the Palio??? I mean the same niggles and worries that haunt me here are going to Remain.

Called up lil Bro , he came down and we went with ready Cheques and a finance Soft approval for upto 10 lakhs (was interested in Safari, remember)to try to pick up a DZIRE, VDI, at maruti Showrooms in Chandigarh, pulled some strings but were told "Afeem Mil sakti hai, DZIRE VDI White Nahin".....,

I call up all my colleagues in Punjab, Haryana , UP, Rajasthan telling the guys that their Annual appraisal depends on the white Dzire ..... NO GO, I am getting frantic, I call up the Other dealer in town, He offers a Dzire Silver VDI, 50 K Premium right now (NO I DID NOT GO FOR IT) We are trying to devise ways to negotiate with this dealer,,,,,Suddenly , my phone rings, It is my regular dealer fri,end who wants the Palio right now AND if I am interested there is a Used Swift VDI, May 2008 HA HA HA HA HA. We already have an LDi with us(Lil Bros Ride), an I love the way the turbo kicks in. It is a fun car and I immensely respect Maruti for this Car.

We arrive, we are third in queue for the Swift, but we manage to sneak the Car away somehow, take it nearest Maruti Workshop, The Car is loaded on the bay , a valuer is called (lil bro is BIG time loaded with links), The Dealership true value guy's checklist is highjacked and used. Workshop team okays the Car. Valuer okays the car with Comment like " some touching has been done and the Windscreen has been replaced. the Owner confirms it, A minor brush with a tree limb.

I pay-up token money on the spot, White Swift VDI, 6834 KMS on the ODO, Minor nicks and Scratches for 450000/-all Inclusive. The Palio goes for 2.25 Lakhs, Minus the ICE( this VDI's ICE is ONE KENWOOD HU and two EXPLOD Ovals)ICE Swapped with Palio, payment given right away after ascertaining Car History with the dealership. The reason for the hurry being, Saturdays , we avoid buying a new Metal thing and Monday Onwards Shhradhs hit the circuit.

We arrive home in a sparkling white VDI behind the Sparkling white LDi,The Surprise is evident in the Family , they were expecting a truck or a Sedan... The Car is gonna get its Dulhan makeover with the Standard JVC HU with USB capabilities, 5Inch front Door speakers (the ones already are useless)and My Old Standard T2150 pio Component Speakers(This time in Enclosures) .....So Sunday will be a day to reckon...
Pics and Updates in a coupla days. No offense for any safari Lover or Dzire Lover.

A Coupla Swifts In DA House

Last edited by rohitgaur : 16th September 2008 at 11:27.
Old 16th September 2008, 15:35   #15
Senior - BHPian

rohit,

welcome to the swift VDI club. This is one car you are gonna enjoy for its turbo, its power with AC on/off, and its easy city driving capability. If you dislike it for its seating comfort, visibility and rattles, you are not alone

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks