Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2008, 08:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

I already installed parking sensors. Low kerbs are invisible to them. I did see it, but I was distracted by a passenger and let the car roll into it.
Old 16th December 2008, 17:08   #32
BHPian

Welcome to the club ImmortalZ, I have had 2 such incidents, a dent +scratch on the left lower corner exactly where bumper met the kerb, when I was making a U-turn in a narrow lane. It was the price to pay for overconfidence about the turning radius.

Then after a few weeks reversed the car into a parked motorcycle, to be honest it never appeared in any of the mirrors, got a broken tail lamp glass as the reward

Last edited by indivic : 16th December 2008 at 17:10.
Old 16th December 2008, 18:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

Reversing into a parked motorcycle was what happened to me too.... sad part was some idiot had parked it in my parking slot in my apartment. I usually blindly reverse coz nobody parks there. But that day..

Cost of tail light + cost of reverse sensor
Old 16th December 2008, 19:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

Latest mileage from 21.16L of petrol - 6.5KMPL.

***. This is the same route I drove for a week and a half when I got 11KMPL. I swear, the fuel gauge in this thing might as well be just the low fuel bulb and nothing else and it wouldn't make a difference. I need to start saving up for a ScanGuageII.

Meanwhile, I need to do tankfuls to tankfuls or I'll start getting heart attacks.

Re: the bumps, a friend of mine who drives a lot of SUVs swears that the Civic has some of the best side and rear visibility for sedans. It really does and it does inspire a lot of confidence - overconfidence - which we seem to translate into lots of scratches and dents and bumps. Incidentally, if I had an SX4, it wouldn't have hit the kerb my Civic hit because it stands as tall as a tipper lorry. I wonder how people with aftermarket low front/rear bumpers cope.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 16th December 2008 at 19:25.
Old 17th December 2008, 14:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hey Immortalz, don't worry too much about the mileage. Enjoy the car. I don't do tank fills either unless I'm driving long distance. The digital fuel gauge is not precise especially if there are 2-4 dots remaining.
Old 11th January 2009, 03:50   #36
BHPian

Just completed 11000 Kms in the last one year, counting scratches to become sizable number for a make over. Recently during my Goa trip a freaky zen passed me scratching my rear right side. I heard loud noise but then I saw nothing more than lengthy lines. I am lil' crazy to be happy.

I prefer tank fuls which I believe give increased FE compared to the 15 or 20 Ltr fills.
Old 14th January 2009, 19:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Second service update.

Current Odo : 3399KM

Second service of Violent Violet was done on Jan 2nd. With some arm wrestling by a Honda contact of mine, Peninsular agreed for a full repaint of the fender and a proper reshape. As the TVM T-BHPians found out to their annoyance, they delivered the car a full two hours late. Repaint done, reshape not. But I'm done going after them for this issue. I'll just replace the damn thing when I feel like it. Total cost came for the whole thing came to INR 0/-. They left quite a lot of swirl marks all over the place again. Its almost like they wash the car using sandpaper.

Anway, a few days later, got a Nautilus fitted thanks to BHPian ankitahuja sending me a pair at killer rates. If anyone wants a Stebel, he's the man to approach. But it didn't wired in thanks to the people at Motor Plaza chickening out at the last moment. They ripped out quite a few panels in their effort to find a way to route wiring into the passenger compartment and left the sound/heat proofing at the driver footwell undone. They also screwed up the bumper clipping below the headlight under the problem fender. I'll probably get that fixed at the third service. From the two times I tested the horn, its pretty damned loud for something sitting inside the bumper. I'm currently working on another arm wrestling match with Peninsular to get it wired in. They have raised (valid) concerns about cutting wires coming from the steering by an outside party. They won't do it themselves because they have a company policy against using outside equipment - some story about some Pioneer 2DIN getting wrecked and them getting the blame. I'll have to be sneaky about this or do a trip to EKM to get it fixed at Emperor.

Evil thoughts about an ICE upgrade are swirling in my head thanks to a short audition of green's Turbocab featuring Alpine and Hertz equipment belting out Above & Beyond. Hertz Mille and Genesis amps are being sought from several contacts all over the world. Don't expect anything soon though - I take my sweet time getting any equipment.

The car has been rock solid. With the run in period behind me, I rip it every chance I get and the fuel economy over the last 1000KM shows it - 8.5KMPL. The braking came under test last weekend during a trip to Neyyar Dam. While I was cruising at ~80KMPH speeds, a M800 popped out from behind a KSRTC super fast at an extremely close distance - 30m max. I buried the brake pedal and steered away and missed him by micrometers. At the time, it almost felt surreal - I believed the car phased through the 800. A lifelong friend of mine riding shotgun said the ABS light flashed on the dash.

There was a single rattle-esque sound from the passenger side which was traced to a piece of wrapping plastic stuck under the seat belt. Other than that, touchwood.

Onward!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic 1.8V A/T. EDIT : 9 months / 8,500KM up!-dscn1697solos.jpg  

Old 14th January 2009, 19:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

Nice review ImmortalZ. And, good FE. My highway best is 10.22 (full blast though).

My latest scar: an Amby taxi left a long scratch on the right rear door and partially took out the rear bumper. And, my car was parked!!
Old 14th January 2009, 20:57   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Current Odo : 3399KM

Second service of Violent Violet was done on Jan 2nd. With some arm wrestling by a Honda contact of mine, Peninsular agreed for a full repaint of the fender and a proper reshape. As the TVM T-BHPians found out to their annoyance, they delivered the car a full two hours late. Repaint done, reshape not. But I'm done going after them for this issue. I'll just replace the damn thing when I feel like it.
Fender costs 5k and another 5k for painting. I had to replace mine, but it left some rattle within the dashboard.. Now they want to remove the dash to fix it, and I am scared !..
Old 14th January 2009, 21:01   #40
Senior - BHPian

I've stopped keeping track of scratches. It doesn't help your mental health at all. On a positive side, the Amway car wax takes out most minor scratches. It doesn't do anything if the paint is positively cut though.

Found four or five long scratches on the driver door, obviously made using a nail. Some Silicon Glaze and elbow grease and it was gone. On the downside, a major portion of the door now looks darker thanks to the new coat of wax. I'll probably have to rewax the whole thing this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Fender costs 5k and another 5k for painting. I had to replace mine, but it left some rattle within the dashboard.. Now they want to remove the dash to fix it, and I am scared !..
Hmm, that's around what I expected. Did the impact leave the rattle inside the dash or the new fender? Cuz the latter seems quite implausible. As for letting them take it apart, you have no other choice but to trust them. From my experience with the biggest accessories shop in my city, believe me, the A.S.S is lesser of the two evils.

P.S : They charged 3350 + tax for repainting my fender.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 14th January 2009 at 21:05.
Old 14th January 2009, 21:34   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post

Hmm, that's around what I expected. Did the impact leave the rattle inside the dash or the new fender? Cuz the latter seems quite implausible. As for letting them take it apart, you have no other choice but to trust them. From my experience with the biggest accessories shop in my city, believe me, the A.S.S is lesser of the two evils.

P.S : They charged 3350 + tax for repainting my fender.
Not sure whether the impact caused to rattle. B'cos I drove it for couple of days before giving it for repair, and didn't notice it at that time. After replacing the fender, I went back and made them check the noise. They removed fender (newly fixed), bumper etc, and finally said it is coming from left side of the dash.. I am scared because it could be close to airbag unit
Old 15th January 2009, 10:44   #42
BANNED

Thanks for the update. Thats a nice photo of you have of Civic !!
Old 15th January 2009, 15:13   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Not sure whether the impact caused to rattle. B'cos I drove it for couple of days before giving it for repair, and didn't notice it at that time. After replacing the fender, I went back and made them check the noise. They removed fender (newly fixed), bumper etc, and finally said it is coming from left side of the dash.. I am scared because it could be close to airbag unit
Well, I'm guessing any problems with the airbag unit will be notified on the dash (there is a red warning light for the SRS system). From what I saw during my adventures with getting a new horn fitted, the dash on the passenger side is quite simple. There's a couple cables attached to connectors here and there and there's a big sealed plastic box behind the glove box which I assumed is the airbag controller and such. It looked pretty bulletproof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Thanks for the update. Thats a nice photo of you have of Civic !!
Happy to help! The photo was taken during my first TVM BHPian meet. Parked next to my ride is dragsterr's Getz CRDi. jkdas was in the frame, but he got Photoshopped out
Old 20th January 2009, 22:45   #44
BHPian

how much does the wiper blade cost for the civic??and also the cost of fog lamps? can i get it any other place other than the honda dealers!!
Old 20th January 2009, 22:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

report of my honda civic 2006 AT, done 125,000kms, silver colour in dubai.

new set of tyres every year after covering 50000 + kms, regular servicing and mixed driving of high and low speeds.

im lovin it!
cheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks