Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2008, 20:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

Nice review
Can we have more pics of the ICE please.
Old 1st December 2008, 21:32   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal View Post
IMO since the Dzire ZDi is heavier than SWIFT VDi they suggest 32F,29R
As we drive a lighter car we shall go with 1 Psi less than mentioned.
@thereal
i have mentioned this in your ownership thread.would be good to see what its mentioned in the swift ZXi cars!!
Old 2nd December 2008, 20:54   #33
BHPian

1st Service Completed

Thanks all for the Tire Pressure details.I will also go for the 31/28 PSI

@abhinav.gupta88: I will take more photos of the ICE and post it

1st Service Completed

Called the dealer and asked for a pick up of the vehicle from my home. I called them on Friday and asked them to take the car on Saturday. At about 9:30AM on Saturday, I received a call from a driver of their's asking for my address. I informed him and he reached home by 11:00AM. He did a visual checkup of the vehicle, noted the things that were with the vehicle(I had removed the Tool Kits and other stuffs). He then took the vehicle for Service

1hour later, I received a call from the Service Supervisor. I told him the complaints

1. Central Lock Switch in the right side front door is not working
2. Hazard Light is not working
3. Additional Horn was not fitted at the time of delivery for which I had paid 550Rs. Asked him to get it fitted

4. Extended Warranty Card not provided yet

Additional Features I asked to fit - Laminate the floor board with a plastic material so the fabric like floor board material does not get dirty and wet. I will post the pictures of that soon

The Service Supervisor told me that I can have the car on Monday. How can I wait that long without my Beast? Sadly I accepted.

Monday arrives

I got an off day on Monday as I had to work overnight on Sunday. I worked from 9AM on Sunday to 6AM on Monday continously due to a project. So from I slept from 7AM to 9:30AM.

I called the Service Center and they told me that the car is ready. Then a lady from the Accesories department called me and told me that the horn for Rs550 is a MGA horn that comes with Swift. Hence I need not buy an additional one. She told a Roots horn costs 1800. I did not want to pay that much amount for a horn,so I asked her to refund the money. She asked me to visit the showroom.I left at 12:30PM and reached the Showroom at 2PM.Got delayed as I had to take a bus and then an auto

I went with as much excitement as the day on which I got the car. And in front of the Showroom stood my Beast. Wow!!! What a feeling to see the Beast after a gap of two days. I gave it a gentle touch and walked inside. There I got the money refunded. I asked them for Extended Warranty. They brought it and to my surprise they provided a card which mentioned that I had applied only for 1year extra. But I had paid for 2years extra(total four yrs). I showed them the bill and then they got it corrected.

Back to the Beast

Having completed the formalities in the showroom, I went to my Beast with the new set of Remote Locks(they replaced it as they said they had fitted a wrong model on my car). Opened the car and felt relaxed and happy. And as a very proud owner, started the car and drove past the gate, with the Security Guard showing me the path.Felt very Royal

The gear feel was improved. The engine was much more silent.I drove to the service station nearby and settled the Bills. In the meantime they waxed my car.

Biggest Improvement
The big surprise came when I turned off the ignition. The car used to shudder and shake when turned off. But now the car did not even shake a bit when turned off. It was dead silent and it was difficult to realize that the engine has been turned off

So as a happy and proud owner I took the car and drove back home

Last edited by raj84 : 2nd December 2008 at 20:57.
Old 2nd December 2008, 21:57   #34
BHPian

nice to see an update raj. your next service would be at 10k but get the air filter cleaned in between. it gets clogged.
enjoy your ride and drive safe!!
Old 2nd December 2008, 22:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Roots horn for 1.8K is robbery. Go visit Motor Plaza for some awesome choices
Old 3rd December 2008, 08:48   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Roots horn for 1.8K is robbery. Go visit Motor Plaza for some awesome choices
Regarding Roots horns- plan the purchase while you visit Coimbatore or any where in Tamilnadu.i feel they are lot cheaper here in coimbatore.

tell me the model i will enquire the price for you,

Actually Roots horns are from Coimbatore- in case if you guys dont know
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:10   #37
BHPian

@raj84: Very Nice right-up man. Happy see to more-n-more Swift lovers.
Have you tried using System G? It brings in Magic. You can get it from any BP or HP pumps. To be exact, the pump opposite St'Mary's school pattom or infact my school.

With which MASS dealer are you servicing your vehicle?
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:35   #38
BHPian

@thereal:Thank you sir.But now I have dropped the idea of a horn. Instead I am now looking for Philips X-treme Power +80% Headlights.

Hey never knew that Roots was made in Coimbatore!! So it must be cheap over there

@Swifty2008: I serviced in Popular Services in Killipalam, Trivandrum. And I have not tried System-G. Really not courageous to test these things and sticking to the usual - "Fill Diesel, Run it" policy

@white_vdi: I was told by the Service Supervisor that the next service is at 5000Km or 6 months. Is that correct?

Attaching few pictures of the ICE and floor board lamination. Also in the windshield there are few patches that is blurring the vision at night. It is difficult to drive with this that I have to put on the Viper even without rain at night. Hope this has been eliminated with the first service. Attaching the picture of the windshield as well

Also attaching the pictures of Michelin XM1+
Attached Thumbnails
Bright Red Beast(Swift VDI ABS) - The Real Story Begins-dsc00650.jpg  

Bright Red Beast(Swift VDI ABS) - The Real Story Begins-dsc00659.jpg  

Bright Red Beast(Swift VDI ABS) - The Real Story Begins-dsc00663.jpg  

Bright Red Beast(Swift VDI ABS) - The Real Story Begins-dsc00664.jpg  

Bright Red Beast(Swift VDI ABS) - The Real Story Begins-dsc00681.jpg  

Bright Red Beast(Swift VDI ABS) - The Real Story Begins-dsc00683.jpg  

Bright Red Beast(Swift VDI ABS) - The Real Story Begins-dsc00685.jpg  

Bright Red Beast(Swift VDI ABS) - The Real Story Begins-dsc00686.jpg  

Old 3rd December 2008, 17:22   #39
BHPian

@raj84,the floor looks cool.
if you have fit the floor with that plastic that means the fabric flooring must have been removed ,right?!
btw how much did it cost you for putting the plastic floor?and is it available at all MGA dealers?
Old 3rd December 2008, 21:50   #40
BHPian

hey raj, i got my car on the 11th of last month. Im posting the pics of the car.Sorry for the poor quality(taken with the mob cam)

Tyres - 205/60 R14 G3 Potenza
Alloys - Plati
Tint - Garware

The car has completed 1950 kms now. There were slight problems with the wiper which i got it fixed.

Bright Red Beast(Swift VDI ABS) - The Real Story Begins-dsc00196.1.jpg

Bright Red Beast(Swift VDI ABS) - The Real Story Begins-dsc00194.jpg

Bright Red Beast(Swift VDI ABS) - The Real Story Begins-dsc00199.jpg

Bright Red Beast(Swift VDI ABS) - The Real Story Begins-dsc00193.jpg
Old 3rd December 2008, 22:00   #41
BHPian

yes raj,next service is at 5000kms or 6months
Old 3rd December 2008, 22:36   #42
BHPian

raj the patch on windscreen appears when you use the wipers during rains? if yes, then its not only you. almost all of us face this problem including me. cant do much about it. just keep the windshield oil n dirt free as much as possible.

@ philippose : nice alloys dude!!!

Last edited by white_vdi : 3rd December 2008 at 22:39.
Old 3rd December 2008, 22:40   #43
BHPian

@white_vdi : thanks dude
Old 3rd December 2008, 22:48   #44
BHPian

@raj84..why did you change from plan of getting philips vision plus to xtreme power??
@philippose..cool rims.
btw do you have any issues with those upgraded tyres??
Old 3rd December 2008, 22:56   #45
BHPian

@ariendj :thanks dude. No, i dont have any issues with these upgraded tyres,infact the car is so stable that i tend to take a hard curve at around 80 or 90 kmph :P

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks