Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2011, 12:56   #61
BHPian

Re: Bright Red Beast(Swift VDI ABS) - The Real Story Begins

They had the guts to charge a diesel vehicle for petrol injector cleaning ? Why did you even agree to paying the bill in the first place with such mistakes in the bill?
Old 18th February 2011, 14:46   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
They had the guts to charge a diesel vehicle for petrol injector cleaning ? Why did you even agree to paying the bill in the first place with such mistakes in the bill?
I had asked the Service Technician about this.He said it is the same rate for Diesel vehicle as well. Since I was not much knowledgeable on the mechanicals of a car, I believed it.
Old 18th February 2011, 16:11   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
ABS
I do not know whether it has ever worked. Never seen the ABS indicator flashing while driving.
If the ABS light on the speedometer console ever lights up, it would mean a malfunction in the ABS and not that the ABS is kicking in.

If you drive a non-ABS Swift after driving your Swift, you will notice the difference braking feel between the two Swifts. I had a Swift ZXi. Once I drove an LXi, I came to know how differently the brakes in the two variants felt, the braking in the ZXi was much more crisper.
Old 18th February 2011, 17:07   #64
BHPian

@ skanchan95 : Thanks for the info. I knew that the ABS light staying on after starting the car, indicated a malfunction. But I also thought that it would light up when ABS kicked in, just like the fog light or high beam indicator. So that is why I never saw the ABS indicator flashing.

I have felt the car moving in the proper direction even when I thought it would go out of track while braking in corners. This made me feel either ABS has kicked in or it is the Michelin magic.

Sometimes during heavy braking I have felt like the brake pedal has hit a metallic barrier with a crashing sound without effectively applying the brake discs. This gets rectified by releasing the brake pedal and then again pressing it. Initially I thought this was the pulsating effect of ABS but then if it cant reduce the speed then it would not be ABS. Have faced this three times in the last 2.5 years of ownership.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks