Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2010, 09:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

the photos look like they are taken in mantri elite bannerghatta road? right?
Old 16th June 2010, 13:38   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Hi vnabhi, great to hear from you! How are things with you? I have done approx 18K Kms in 20 months..not too much I guess! What about you?
Lagging behind you---a mere 22000 kms in 3 years---I was abroad for more than 90 days.
Old 19th June 2010, 18:22   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Maybe you can categorize your spent on maintenance parts, accesories etc. Hope to see the figures soon.
a) Mileage - never more than 10 Kms per litre in city. On highways though, it has even gone upto 17 kms/l once.
b) Accessories - I put alloy wheels & upgraded tyres as mentioned below - 30K approx additional(minus value for old tyres)
c) Maintenance - has been about 4k for each paid service

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk
++
wow. . you have done 18000kms! but your thread heading reads as
'2000kms report'' ?
Its time for you to write a 'Longtime Ownership' report.?
Indeed it is - how do I change the name of the thread? I will certainly take time and post a longer ownership report.
Old 19th June 2010, 20:33   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Indeed it is - how do I change the name of the thread? I will certainly take time and post a longer ownership report.
Send a message to the mods here to change the thread title.
Team-BHP - Contact Us
Old 11th September 2010, 12:10   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Send a message to the mods here to change the thread title.
Team-BHP - Contact Us
I did, but got no response.

Meanwhile, a recurrence of the intermittent noise problem I mentioned below - happens only in cold start condition when the car is started and the AC turned on - and that too, not every day. After a few more frustrating visits to the workshop, problem seems to fixed now finally - apparently replacement of belt seems to have worked.
Through all this, support from Metro ford has been good - they didn't charge me a penny, and co-operated on car pick up and drop. The customer relationship manager as well as the engineers came to my house 3 times to checkout this noise problem - since we were strugglling to replicate the scenario in the workshop. Only wish that they had been a bit more proactive in Jan itself in identifying the problem when I had reported this first.

Hopefully, this is fixed now - at least I haven't heard this noise for the past one month..
Old 11th September 2010, 21:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

@sridharps---it is good to know that all is well now. It is rare to see *** personnel visiting the customer's house, so I agree that your dealer should be commended.

By the way, I've reported your request to change the thread title to the mods.
Old 12th September 2010, 01:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread title edited. Please use the "Report Post" facility so that we can respond to edit requests faster. Thanks.
Old 14th December 2012, 15:10   #38
BHPian

Re: Grey thunder - Fiesta 1.6 SXi ( 18,000 km report)

45000 KM report
Hi there, the Fiesta has now chugged onto 45000 KMs. It has been 4 yrs and 2 months since I bought the vehicle. Overall, it has been a real pleasure and the engine is getting even more responsive,if anything!

Positives:
  • What a pleasure to drive, as always. The pickup is amazing and it just zips through effortlessly
  • The interiors & leather seating still remain very good. I have often been asked whether the car is new - so good maintenance , I guess!
  • No new problems have cropped thus far
Negatives:
  • There is the noise which I talked about in previous posts more than 2 yrs back, which still remains. This one is very peculiar. There is metallic noise during a cold start for a few seconds(typically, first time in the morning). It was given to the workshops many times, briefly vanished and came back. I have just got fond of it and used to it now!
  • Mileage - hovers between 9 and 9.5 kms per litre. Petrol prices have gone through the roof, so that hurts a bit..
Overall, I am a very satisfied Ford Fiesta Customer.
Old 15th December 2012, 13:42   #39
Senior - BHPian

@sridharps--it is nice seeing an update from you after a gap of 2 years. You are way past my mileage, which stands at 37000 in 5 years, 9 months! Wish you many more miles of mile-crunching.

I wonder why your FE is always below 2 digits. Mine has always hovered between 11 to 12.5 in Hyd city driving. Perhaps you use AC 100% (unlike me), and it is likely that BLR has more bumper-to-bumper traffic.
Old 18th December 2012, 07:54   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
@sridharps--it is nice seeing an update from you after a gap of 2 years. You are way past my mileage, which stands at 37000 in 5 years, 9 months! Wish you many more miles of mile-crunching.

I wonder why your FE is always below 2 digits. Mine has always hovered between 11 to 12.5 in Hyd city driving. Perhaps you use AC 100% (unlike me), and it is likely that BLR has more bumper-to-bumper traffic.
Thanks! Indeed it has been a while since I logged onto Team BHP. Hope to start getting more active in the days to come.
You are right - I use 100% AC. Also the tyre upsizing could not have helped either.
Old 2nd February 2013, 05:53   #41
BHPian

Almost 50k now - Additionally also now, changed the brakes and replaced battery. Spent around 14K
Old 3rd February 2013, 10:34   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Almost 50k now - Additionally also now, changed the brakes and replaced battery. Spent around 14K
Congratulations on reaching the 50K figure. So was the brakes and battery replaced during regular servicing or otherwise? What battery did you opt for? Would like to see car pics at 50K on the odo.
Old 5th February 2013, 20:44   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Hi sridharps,

I have a 1.6 SXI that I bought used 3 months back and it's clocked 53000 kms and due for service in 2 days. I too get the same noise on cold starts every morning, but that's without the AC on so there is no fan motor to make the noise. The only way I can describe the metallic sound is a 'kkhhhrrr' for a few seconds (like a purring cat) and then the noise vanishes. Never happens when cranking after the car has reached normal temperature.

BTW, anyone on the forum have problems with the OEM in dash 6 CD changer in the course of owning their car? The radio works fine, the CDs (all 6 of them) load in fine but the display alternatively reads-Bad Disc, Disc Error, Eject and then auto ejects the CDs one by one.

Is it best to get the A.S.S. guys have a look at the unit since I'll be taking the car for service in 2 days?

I'd also value any pointers from members on any other areas that should be attended to for the 50000 kms. service.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks