Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2010, 20:11   #271
BHPian

Hey gvk whats up hows your beast fairing!!
Mileage? any issues?

Even i got a white E8 monster!!

Last edited by don_carmaster : 1st May 2010 at 20:13.
Old 2nd May 2010, 08:37   #272
gvk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Hey gvk whats up hows your beast fairing!!
Mileage? any issues?

Even i got a white E8 monster!!
Hi. Congrats!!

Now I am through with my 3rd free service. Though the due date for the free service was March, I could do it only in April, once I crossed 15000 kms.

I guess the mileage I am getting is around 10, didn't check recently though. If you restrict the speed around 80 you'll certainly get 12 kmpl.
I predominantly use the monster only for highway drives and I normally touch 120 kmph.

This 6th I am leaving for a trip : Hyd-B'lore-Wayanad-Ooty-Valparai-B'lore-Hyd. Shall check the mileage and keep you posted.

E8 must be having lots of features now. How's your experience with the Xylo
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:17   #273
Senior - BHPian

Tank full to tank full method, mileage acheived, 12.95. Also, its best to go with low sulphur fuel.
Old 22nd May 2010, 12:43   #274
BHPian

A big apology and the story continued....

Hi Guys, I am back!

First and foremost a
big apology, for not updating this thread for so long! I understand that after such an exhaustive review, I definitely owed constant updates of the vehicle to you guys.

Not sure where to start, but one thing I would say is Mahindra has a very good sales staff and a very bad service one.

I am starting the story again where I stopped last. The car has done almost 38k kms till now. Yes, the rate at which it was munching miles has gone far below the initial levels. Actually it was parked most of the time at my Rajasthan home as I was mostly traveling for work and whatever time i was here I was using my Accent more in Delhi.

The small niggles that I had been talking of in my earlier posts are still there. The door still rattles (a separate story about it will come later in the thread), the driver armrest had folding problems and had came free which was sorted properly after two visits to the M.A.S.S in my case, Sri Durga Automobiles New Delhi. The rear AC switch still not replaced. The Ac air recirculation has had problems ever since. They repaired it and it got a bit better but does not match my accent.

Unfortunately, my car met with a freak accident in which the rear door and bumper was damaged. A bus driver decided to test the sturdiness of the Xylo and for a lesson got his bus damaged more then my car. One of the new DTC green buses rammed it from behind on the Gurgaon expressway when a Omni in the front suddenly got its engine seized and my sis, to avoid hitting him steered to the left.

Any ways, got both changed but that stint at Sri Durga Automobiles for the repairs put me out completely. Changing the door and the bumper typically should not take more than one or two weeks at most, but I got mine back after 2 and a half months! That too with constant calls and visits where I had to pursue them to do it. The reason they gave was that the parts are not available. First it was the door itself they waited for. Then was the glass, then was the door molding. Each and every small part took its own sweet time to arrive. Some parts like the 'Mahindra' monogram are yet to be added. The excellent paint job on the door however saved their face as it was the best I could get.

Another major problem that cropped up this January was something that shook my faith in the car a bit. While on way to Jaipur one evening, we heard a small blast/rupturing sound as if some rubber pipe has burst. I thought it as not from the vehicle and continued. A few Kms later we stopped for tea at the Behror midway. As soon as we started back, before we could get out of Behror town, the AC lost cooling and the engine check light started blinking. I immediately pulled over and looked inside the hood and under the car. I could not see anything wrong. No leakage nothing. Even the idle engine sound was the same. I did not shut the engine fearing it might not start back. Thinking I will get it checked in Jaipur, I got back in the car and moved on. But to my fear, the engine felt like it has lost the Turbo. No whistle, no sudden power surge. Even over taking became a pain. Reached Jaipur and next day went to KS Motors in Jaipur only to find closed due to Sunday being an off day. (Strangely all Vehicle dealerships and their workshops are closed on Sundays in Jaipur).

Finally I had to take it to same Sri Durga Automobiles where the super fast service advisers did not listen to the entire thing and concluded that there is some problem in the AC. They kept the car for 3 days and the fault as told was in the AC wiring where a relay had conked off. Another adviser said it was some problem with the Brake pedal light switch that was shorting. I was not at all convinced with what they told me.

Apart from that, the car had turned totally dirty (Soap water marks all over) coz it was parked near the washing bay and the dealership's highly courteous staff didn't bother to get it cleaned. The reason given: Washing is outsourced to some agent so cant get it done for free for me. Who on earth would refuse to pay for the washing only if they ask about it. I took the car in the same condition home as thought no point arguing at 7:30 in the evening.

This story does not finish here. Will continue....

PS:Mods, please move this thread to Long Term Reviews Thread.

Last edited by vinayrathore : 22nd May 2010 at 12:47.
vinayrathore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2010, 12:51   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Even the idle engine sound was the same. I did not shut the engine fearing it might not start back. Thinking I will get it checked in Jaipur, I got back in the car and moved on. But to my fear, the engine felt like it has lost the Turbo. No whistle, no sudden power surge. Even over taking became a pain. Reached Jaipur and next day went to KS Motors in Jaipur only to find closed due to Sunday being an off day. (Strangely all Vehicle dealerships and their workshops are closed on Sundays in Jaipur).
My guess is the hose connecting the manifold to the inter cooler gave way.
Old 23rd May 2010, 13:09   #276
BHPian

Apparent cheating by Sri Durga Auto

Before I continue with my update, wanted to share what I stumbled upon today.

As mentioned the Xylo was parked most of the time at my Rajasthan home, I had come here to get it for a trip to Uttrakhand planned for next weekend.

As the vehicle was parked for more than a month, I was getting it cleaned and opened the hood to top up washer reservoir with water. I casually opened the coolant reservoir to check and found water instead of Green Coolant. Got suspicious and opened the Radiator lid to find water there too. Having already started the vehicle, I knew it cant be the case of sedimentation. I started the engine once more with the lid open. It was Water!!

The vehicle last visited Sri Durga Automobiles in Feb for the Engine service and since then we never opened the hood.

Last I saw Coolant was when I checked it after the second service. After that, the Vehicle was with them for accident repair in November-December last year for around 2 months.

I never checked after that. What could it mean? Should I check all fluids after each service? Are all parts genuine and have not been changed? Am I having this small niggles I mentioned earlier because of this?

Have to leave for Delhi now. Will update the rest once I am there and have question them.
Old 22nd July 2010, 00:50   #277
BHPian

This sri duga automobiles is causing you a lot of poblems ,
Its better if you could change your dealership..

Try koncept automobiles in noida and meet Rahul there it may be a bit off track for you but it would be worth the effort.

My beast is currently at 3500 but no special problems apart from the seat covers which i got from the dealer only, they are getting torn just on normal daily usage.

The burst sound which you heard was something which one of our fellow bhpian has also suffered ,its some kind of clip which gives away between the intercooler and the manifold,

The coolant thing is kind of a shock . maybe the coolant has leaked , cause coolant leaking problem has been seen in many xyloes,though not happened with me till now(TOUCHWOOD)

Do update on mileage and any new rattles , and what about the ddas , does it still work fine??
Old 27th July 2010, 11:37   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
This sri duga automobiles is causing you a lot of poblems ,
Its better if you could change your dealership..

Try koncept automobiles in noida and meet Rahul there it may be a bit off track for you but it would be worth the effort.

My beast is currently at 3500 but no special problems apart from the seat covers which i got from the dealer only, they are getting torn just on normal daily usage.

The burst sound which you heard was something which one of our fellow bhpian has also suffered ,its some kind of clip which gives away between the intercooler and the manifold,

The coolant thing is kind of a shock . maybe the coolant has leaked , cause coolant leaking problem has been seen in many xyloes,though not happened with me till now(TOUCHWOOD)

Do update on mileage and any new rattles , and what about the ddas , does it still work fine??
Hi Sahil,

Thanks for the PM. Koncept is way too far for me considering the state of traffic in Delhi these days. I would give it a chance though.

One Good news is, I went to check the car yesterday and the perennial problems seem to have gone!! At last I feel I will get the car in 100% after more than a year of taking the delivery. The car is still with SriDurga.

Will post detailed story very soon.
Old 6th September 2010, 01:29   #279
BHPian

wow...

This has been a great thread Vinay. I think you have motivated lot of people into buying Xylo!

Goshm it to 2.5 mths to get the door changed.
Old 29th November 2010, 19:48   #280
BHPian

Hello.. Vinay!

Its been quite a while since youve updated about your beast...
Do atleast a synopsis... till now..
Waiting for your reply!!

Toodle!
Old 9th September 2011, 00:15   #281
BHPian

Re: I got home the Xylo E6! UPDATE: Pics & 3000kms report (post #106 onwards)

Hello Vinay,
its been a long time; do post the updates on your Xylo.
regards,
Old 27th December 2011, 16:58   #282
BHPian

Re: I got home the Xylo E6! UPDATE: Pics & 3000kms report (post #106 onwards)

Had posted the below message on another thread on Xylo issues in the technical section but I guess this is the appropriate thread..

Quite scary to go through all these issues here regarding the Xylo.

I have an Oct-09 E4 with 40K on the ODO. Have taken it for long vacations to Kerala (all thru K'taka, T'nadu), Rajasthan (all the way to the Pak border at Longewala) and recently to Ladakh for 20 days apart from numerous 400-600 kms drives around Goa, KA and in MH. Have driven well over 1000kms a day thrice till now and have had 3 trips over 5000kms over 15-20 days each.

Touch wood, but have never faced a single issue till date, no power loss in the high Himalayas, no suspension niggles on the patchy roads and no undue rattles or squeaks as yet.

There was one rather scary incident with the Xylo at the high pass of ChangLa near Leh at 17,000 feet. The car was moving perfectly over the horrible roads and was tackling the steep gradient very well when all of a sudden on the last turn before the ChangLa summit, it just died...just totally, completely shut down. I feared the worst, blamed it on my wife for keeping the music going, also realised that the in-car fridge too was kept on and as was the AC for most of the climb (its a psychological thing...I need the ac on when I get in the car even if its snowing outside). Opened the bonnet to find out that one of the battery connectors had come loose, fixed it back on..a few thuds with a stone and the car cranked to life and we carried on as if nothing happened.

The only time I had a puncture was in Amritsar on Independence day 2011. The culprit seemed to have been a bone fragment!!...maybe I drove over a road kill (read a dead dog) the day before and the bone got lodged in the tyre.

The only time my vehicle was at the service station for more than a day was when the M&M guys had an issue with the car lift and my car was stuck on their second floor for 3 days.

Have claimed insurance once when I scraped the right hand (driver-side) door while parking and damaged the side mirror and dented the door. Got the job done in 3 days with full claim.

Apart from this, there are minor niggles like
1) The driver seat not anchored well enough, it tends to rock a bit.
2) Passenger side front door has a minor rattle from time to time
and 3) Wiper fluid container developed a leak during my last trip, had it fixed from the M&M in Leh but it cropped up again on the way back. (hopefully fixed now)

I have been meticulous in adhering to service schedules and oil changes but have done little apart from that. City Mileage is around 10-11 rising upto 14 on the highways which is good as I consider myself to be quite an uneconimical driver. Engine sounds as smooth as it did on the 1st day and suspensions too dont seem to have detoriated a bit.

So, all in all, I maybe have been plain lucky but just have wonderful things to say about the Xylo.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks