Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2009, 00:02   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Thanks buddy! I just wrote whatever I saw in the car.

BTW the company is already watching, note the below post by Mr. Dhabhar Behram, Dy GM, M&M.
The Xylo is indeed a good vehicle. Its raining Xylos in S. Mumbai and if so many sighted then I guess the company will have trouble meeting the demand. The company is watching... Behram you listening
Old 7th March 2009, 10:53   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Mate, don't go for innova just because of the waiting period. please set your priorities first and decide on your buy. Xylo is really a vfm purchase. We have a detailed honest review from Mr. vinay here which will be of real help to you.
Innova meanwhile needs no special review. Lots of owners are around you within your reach. Ask for there experience and decide which is better for "YOUR NEED".
Don't let one negative feedback bias your decision.
I m not going for Innova. I have been very clear about Xylo. I have spent days on the www just for Xylo. I did extensive research and this vehicle is perfect for me. Just that i have sold my car and they are making me wait. You know how the saying goes "Idle brain, devils workshop"...

but I just love this car man. I was heartbroken to hear from the dealer that the car would take aleast another 10 days for it to be deilvered. And the most cruel part is that they are not very sure even if it would delivered by then. It could take longer that is what I am being told.

I talked to manager of MPL, Chennai and he says that only 4 vehicles come in a batch, there are 2 dealers in chennai and each one gets 2 vehicles. I find this system really odd. They really dont have a system by which they can monitor the delivery. He says that my booking 'might' get billed today and 'if' it gets billed today, they would be able to 'mostly' give delivery in 10 days. This type of talk does not instill confidence.

Can 'Someone' help me out....
Old 7th March 2009, 12:11   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post

(now i m even thinking of getting my booking money back and get a innova!!!)
do cancel out ur bookings just for the waitings for xylo, its a gr8 car VFM package and cause of the demand is what this waiting is for, innova too is a good refinment going strong day by day, but also with xylo's been seen in my city more and more day by day, surely it would be worth waiting.CHEERS!!!
Old 7th March 2009, 15:39   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
do cancel out ur bookings just for the waitings for xylo, its a gr8 car VFM package and cause of the demand is what this waiting is for, innova too is a good refinment going strong day by day, but also with xylo's been seen in my city more and more day by day, surely it would be worth waiting.CHEERS!!!

Sorry mate... not able to get what you are getting at... are u asking me to wait for Xylo or just go for Innova....
Old 7th March 2009, 18:43   #170
BHPian

Hi...

first things first to the moderators... If u find this thread does not belong here pls do move it.

Second... Sorry Vinay it looks like by doing this i have hijacked your thread here.But i am desperate. Sorry

This is my first thread here. I have been hanging around for sometime now. But now I am really desperate and I want some one help me. They can certainly help me.

My trouble in detail is this.

I saw and fell in love with Xylo. Had to fight with my family and had to make them reverse their decision to buy a Innova and made them book a Xylo on 8th of Feb 2009 at Mahindra MPL in chennai. On booking i was told that there would be a waiting period of 4 weeks. I felt that it was fair and they booking was done efficiently and I finalized on E8 model (7 Seater) Golden Shimmer color.

I dint want the car to get unloaded in chennai and wait for me to sell Qualis then arrange for Bank loan. So, i called them on 25th of Feb and asked them for the status of my booking. I was told that the bill would be raised on 29th of Feb and the car would be ready for registration 6 to 7 days from billing. Taking them into account, I listed my car in newspaper on 1st of March and my car was sold the same day. And the next day i marched to my banker deposited whatever i told from selling my Qualis which was about 50% of Xylo value and since they had to only fund 50%, they readily agreed and so the paper work was done and also have the approval letter by 3rd of March.

I dint want to pressure the MPL ppl so waited till 6th of March (i.e. yesterday) and went to their showroom. And my troubles start now. I meet the sale guy who made my booking and ask for the status and he says in a cool nonchalant way "It will take time sir. Why are you in such hurry? What you want?". I was totally taken aback by this statement. I explained my situation telling him that I have sold my vehicle taking his word into account. He said "Last week when you called there was good delivery rate. But now there are no cars available. You have to wait." I said i was ready to wait but he had given me a commitment of 4-5 weeks and it was almost 4 weeks and all I want is a confirmed date of delivery. Even though i was really frustrated i was very nice to him. I asked him how can there be no system by which they can monitor the booked vehicle. and i demanded to see his senior.

This guy walks in and says that there is drop in supply and there is only one truck per week coming into chennai and there are 2 dealers in chennai. Each gets only 2 vehicles so only the delay. He also revealed to me that my car was not even billed yet. And it would take 10 days to deliver my vehicle from the date it is billed. Till this time i was thinking that my vehicle was billed and i might get delivery in a weeks time. At this point, the delivery was pushed back to 15th of March.

This afternoon, I talked to manager of the showroom. The response i got from him was that there is no way to tell when i would get the delivery of the car. There about 4 ppl in waiting list before me and only after they get it I would get mine.

I m now here asking my fellow Bhpians to help me. I don’t mind waiting for this car for another 10 days but, I should be given a specific date. I really like this car and I have spent a lots and lots of time researching about this car.

Now we have no car with us now. And i m being pressurized by my family and friends to look for other options. Maybe a Innova or a Safari. Those things are there for delivery or max a waiting time of about a week. But i don’t want to go for them. I like Xylo.

* I know that there are ppl from Top Level of Mahindra in this forum.
* Can they do something about this?
* I am breaking any rules of this forum by asking for this help?
I am a real Xylo enthusiast and know that this is a real long shot. But the right ppl can get this done if they want to. I hope my first help asked in this forum would bear fruit.
Thank you guys for your time so far.
Old 7th March 2009, 20:55   #171
Senior - BHPian

@ archish: hey buddy, feels really sorry about your plight. these salesmen should be taught a lesson. when the demands meet more than their expectation, they take the customers lightly & believe me, they wont even care if you cancel your booking. you will lose your booking amount.
evaluate how much money you are losing if you buy an innova. then evaluate how much will you lose if you decide to wait for the xylo's delivery. and if necessary, cancel the xylo's booking but dont think that by doing this, you will be teaching the dealer a lesson. they are least bothered.

report the dealer to mahindra from their website. under most circumstances, you should receive a confirmation mail within 2 days.
Old 7th March 2009, 22:08   #172
BHPian

Quote:
This is my first thread here. .......
My trouble in detail is this...........
Archish, sorry to hear about your trouble. Xylo is selling in a down-market, no wonder the sales people are so arrogant. Do complain to Mahindra about how your dealer is treating you. I wrote an email to them last week complaining about the response I was (not) getting from my local M&M dealer regarding my query about the Bolero Plus. I got two email responses within 24 hours and the next day I got a call from the Bolero Team Leader at my local dealer. That evening I got a follow-up call from Mahindra asking if my concerns have been addressed. Over-all, I am quite impressed by the whole experience. So do write to them and see what happens.
Old 8th March 2009, 08:33   #173
BHPian

that sucks man most of the showroom guys act like this when the demand outstrips supply i see a lot of xylos on road they must be very good demand so that may be the main reason for the delay
my advice if u really want a xylo and u dont have any other mode of transport after selling your qualis then be patient and if needed hire a car for a week or 2
if u are really pissed of then cancel the booking and buy a inova
Old 8th March 2009, 12:07   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry mate... not able to get what you are getting at... are u asking me to wait for Xylo or just go for Innova....
oops sorry, i was saying dont and typed do, if you feel not waiting for xylo then cancel your booking and go for innova.

Archish@ sorry to hear that experience, this is the common habbit of dealers when demand surpasses, if you still want to go for xylo, better communicate with the Mahindra direct, mail them, also talk with the head of the dealer and see what;s the response from them, its unlikely to see if mahindra is likely involved, else you can go for innova.
Old 8th March 2009, 13:46   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

i know its foolish to spend such an amount for a dent caused by a ball, but the dent was on the boot door & was quite big, made my car look ugly. honestly, i was shocked when i was given the quotation of 10,000!
Raj, yesterday I went for the first service and showed them the dent on my car. They are yet to give me a quote for the dent and a new bumper as the accidental repairs guys was not available being a weekly off. However, they told me it will be approx 5k for just the dent. Was your damage more then what I have shown in the picture? I mean lets compare it in this sense as well.
I got home the Xylo E6! UPDATE: Pics & 3000kms report (post #106 onwards)-dscf4530.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
This is one of the best review thread on T-BHP (IMHO). I am smitten by the unbiased review, Vinay.
And it's good to have such detailed reviews and ownership experiences recorded here.

Totally agree with travelwriter here.
Thanks buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Mate, don't go for innova just because of the waiting period. please set your priorities first and decide on your buy. Xylo is really a vfm purchase. We have a detailed honest review from Mr. vinay here which will be of real help to you.
Innova meanwhile needs no special review. Lots of owners are around you within your reach. Ask for there experience and decide which is better for "YOUR NEED".
Don't let one negative feedback bias your decision.

Quote:

* Can they do something about this?
* I am breaking any rules of this forum by asking for this help?
I am a real Xylo enthusiast and know that this is a real long shot. But the right ppl can get this done if they want to. I hope my first help asked in this forum would bear fruit.
Thank you guys for your time so far.
Yes, Archish, it was same with the Sri Durga Auto yesterday. Though not the behaviour, but the supply was very less as compared to the bookings they have!

Behram sir, kindly note and do something about it! You are loosing customers due to this!

Guys, will post the first service experience by evening.

Last edited by vinayrathore : 8th March 2009 at 13:49.
Old 8th March 2009, 15:32   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Raj, yesterday I went for the first service and showed them the dent on my car. They are yet to give me a quote for the dent and a new bumper as the accidental repairs guys was not available being a weekly off. However, they told me it will be approx 5k for just the dent. Was your damage more then what I have shown in the picture? I mean lets compare it in this sense as well.
no vinay, it was not such a big dent, maybe around 1/4th of this. it was a small dent caused by a cricket ball. toyota charged around 4500 for dent repair & 5800 for painting. coming to that, toyota's paint quality & build is one of the worst i have seen in our market. while the paint get scratched even with a infant's fingernails, the build quality... as i said, a ball made my wallet lighter by 10,000 bucks.

before Mr. Suman charges on me, i will clarify that i am in total awe of toyota's service & reliabilty. but for indian traffic conditions (& general public mentality), you need a car with a tougher build & better resistant paint.
Old 8th March 2009, 16:06   #177
BHPian

I am going to the showroom tommorow and I would be talking to the Manager. And i have also shot a letter to customer care mail id available in the Xylo website.

Would keep updating as and when things happen. As of now I am determined to get Xylo.
Old 9th March 2009, 22:02   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi...

I suspect, if there is anyone here. I wrote many times about the lack of safety Airbags in all their products, and no one answered so far. So Obviously there is no one might be able to help you on this.

Anyhow, I am sorry about this happenings, You may want to call Mahindra corporate sales as a final try, if nothing happens, You may want to cancel it.
But still there is a waiting period for Innova. In Coimbatore it is 30 days.
Old 9th March 2009, 22:08   #179

congrats to you! but the looks are pretty boxy and wierd, howz it in driving?
Old 9th March 2009, 23:47   #180
sps
BHPian

so vinay, how much did the dent repair cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks