Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2009, 13:26   #151
rippergeo

What a smashing thread!!!
Thanks for the review vinay, I'll go back and have a look again.I have not TDed it yet, just had a look and checked out the interiors.
I have to go for a bigger car next year and listening to what you have to say, this is the most sensible option available. Seems to fit all the practical requirements and comes 2 lakhs cheaper than the toyota.
Also, a lot of though seems to have gone in to make this vehicle comfortable, which is commendable.
I hated the dashboard design and the mahindra silvertooth, but the rest of it is just great.

Old 5th March 2009, 13:55   #152
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I hated the dashboard design and the mahindra silvertooth, but the rest of it is just great.
Is it possible to get rid of just the silvertooth, and simple have the emblem alone? Would definitely look much better then.
Old 5th March 2009, 14:01   #153
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Is it possible to get rid of just the silvertooth, and simple have the emblem alone? Would definitely look much better then.
I suppose it is possible, josepeter has done something interesting on his bolero, but, in the case of the xylo, the air is routed through the bonnet from the grille, it may mess up the airflow to the intercooler that M&M have set up.

Old 6th March 2009, 11:53   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I suppose it is possible, josepeter has done something interesting on his bolero, but, in the case of the xylo, the air is routed through the bonnet from the grille, it may mess up the airflow to the intercooler that M&M have set up.

Yup Guys! I was thinking on the lines of getting a small bull bar and a pair of Hellas. Something like Tanveer has done in his Safari. That will mask the grill too. What say?

Already inquired at Shankar Road but could not find one for the Xylo. Will have to wait I think.

Last edited by vinayrathore : 6th March 2009 at 12:07.
Old 6th March 2009, 12:52   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
that is the biggest worry in my innova. its a weakling! a small dent caused by a cricket ball forced me to shelve 10,000 bugs for the repair.
This is an eye opener for me. And I thought only some of these hatchbacks were poorly built like the Swift for e.g. . Sorry for this but can't help laugh about the fact that a cricket ball made you shell out 10k bucks.
Old 6th March 2009, 13:13   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Guys! As promised, here is the detailed pictorial for the Xylo E6.

Thats a lot of storage space in the Xylo, liked it. Though i must say that the purple color combination is a bit weird. Not sure what the thinking was in coming up with such a color.
Old 6th March 2009, 14:31   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
Dear Vinay, i'm new to team BHP and i registered for the only reason that i wanted to thank you.

I booked E8 last month and i waiting the delivery in couple of days and Xylo was my choice ever seen i set my eyes on it.

We have a qualis and we wanted to replace it for long time now, we just did not have any alternative expect for Innova or Rhino. Yes rhino, we almost got rhino just because we did not have alternatives, somehow innova did not impress me. N number of test drive and everytime a New version comes out, i would call for the test drive, the sheer look of the car did not appeal to me and i just dont know why.

Then saw Xylo and test drove it and then. did like hell of out search on the net, then finally convinced my family and booked one, and ever since i booked i had doubt about my choice. it was a new model, yes yes the company must have tested in all conditions and situtations, but we can say how it performed for 'Real People'. that is when i googled for 'Xylo User Review' and found this site and your thread. the first thing i did was print your review and gave to my family to read.

i wanted to thank you. so i registered for that only reason. but as i explore this site i found really really interesting and its a great chance to meet like minded ppl.

Thanks dude.
You are most welcome Archish! You wont ever regret your decision buddy!

BTW what color you are opting for?

Last edited by vinayrathore : 6th March 2009 at 14:32.
Old 6th March 2009, 15:50   #158
BHPian

@ vinay

Its Golden Shimmer. But the delivery date is being postponed everyday. I was told that i would be given the vehicle this week start. Then was postponed to this weekend. Now they are saying it'll be only on 15th.

Taking these guys into account i have even sold my Qualis. Now, i m four wheelerless!

How did u get hold of this vehicle so soon. I m from chennai. And there are only 2 dealers one is MPL and the other is India Garge and both of them have the same story to tell. Any method that u used to make it work???

(now i m even thinking of getting my booking money back and get a innova!!!)
Old 6th March 2009, 16:16   #159
BHPian

Quote:
@ vinay

Its Golden Shimmer. But the delivery date is being postponed everyday. I was told that i would be given the vehicle this week start. Then was postponed to this weekend. Now they are saying it'll be only on 15th.

Taking these guys into account i have even sold my Qualis. Now, i m four wheelerless!

How did u get hold of this vehicle so soon. I m from chennai. And there are only 2 dealers one is MPL and the other is India Garge and both of them have the same story to tell. Any method that u used to make it work???

Actually, you can say it was mere luck. As you might have read, I was on a lookout for more than a week before I could find a piece in the entire NCR region (around 8-9 dealers). Mine was the last vehicle out of the initial lot at Sri Durga Auto before they ran out of them and the wait period after that was at least 3 weeks. Till now, the average wait period is the same but one thing I would say, it would still be worth the wait.
Old 6th March 2009, 16:19   #160
BHPian

Very informative, practical and pleasantly unbiased review. I have not read any review like this in this forum. My request to owners of Fiat Linea and Honda (new city) to follow this pattern and give us a complete picture (literally and figuratively) of the car. I can see this review leading to one person actually buying this car.

Vinay, may I suggest you to send this write up to some magazine and to the company. I am sure this will be highly appreciated and will appear in print as well.
Old 6th March 2009, 17:00   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
Very informative, practical and pleasantly unbiased review. I have not read any review like this in this forum. My request to owners of Fiat Linea and Honda (new city) to follow this pattern and give us a complete picture (literally and figuratively) of the car. I can see this review leading to one person actually buying this car.

Vinay, may I suggest you to send this write up to some magazine and to the company. I am sure this will be highly appreciated and will appear in print as well.
Thanks buddy! I just wrote whatever I saw in the car.

BTW the company is already watching, note the below post by Mr. Dhabhar Behram, Dy GM, M&M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Thanks Vinay Rathore, this makes me very happy. Please do continue to post your experiences.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 6th March 2009, 18:27   #162
Senior - BHPian

thats something exclusive in t-bhp. You are given the facts to form an opinion(by yourself). Rather than the reverse..
Old 6th March 2009, 18:32   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
This is an eye opener for me. And I thought only some of these hatchbacks were poorly built like the Swift for e.g. . Sorry for this but can't help laugh about the fact that a cricket ball made you shell out 10k bucks.

i know its foolish to spend such an amount for a dent caused by a ball, but the dent was on the boot door & was quite big, made my car look ugly. honestly, i was shocked when i was given the quotation of 10,000!
Old 6th March 2009, 18:42   #164
Senior - BHPian

This is one of the best review thread on T-BHP (IMHO). I am smitten by the unbiased review, Vinay.
And it's good to have such detailed reviews and ownership experiences recorded here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter
Totally agree with travelwriter here.
Old 6th March 2009, 18:51   #165
sps
BHPian

Quote:
@ vinay
Mate, don't go for innova just because of the waiting period. please set your priorities first and decide on your buy. Xylo is really a vfm purchase. We have a detailed honest review from Mr. vinay here which will be of real help to you.
Innova meanwhile needs no special review. Lots of owners are around you within your reach. Ask for there experience and decide which is better for "YOUR NEED".
Don't let one negative feedback bias your decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks