Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2009, 09:38   #61
sps
BHPian

enjoying your review mate. informative for a prospective xylo buyer. keep on writing.
Is it the xylo speedo which is shown on your profile picture. If yes did you take your vehicle to that speeds during run in?
Old 10th February 2009, 12:38   #62
BHPian

Congrats on buying the Xylo.
I went for a test drive the other day with a friend and really liked the vehicle. I think the xylo is a great package - it has a distinct look, has a great amount of interior space and a good engine under its hood.
Given a choice, between the Xylo, innova and tavera, i would definitely go for the xylo. Its a complete VFM package.

Enjoy driving the beast !
Old 10th February 2009, 12:42   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
enjoying your review mate. informative for a prospective xylo buyer. keep on writing.
Is it the xylo speedo which is shown on your profile picture. If yes did you take your vehicle to that speeds during run in?
Nope sps!! I wont ever do that torture to a new engine! The pic is from my CRDI Viva, my first love! Xylo manual suggests 3000 Kms as the run in period and that we should not rev above 2000rpm till that time.

Guys! I hope I am slowly answering all your questions in each episode. Pardon me for not taking up all of them individually. Will try to do them once I am done with the review. Plus I am not able to post detailed pics right now as the car is in Rajasthan with my dad right now. Will post detailed pics in one or two days asa it returns.
Old 10th February 2009, 13:53   #64
BHPian

Though i did not get a chance to TD the car, i agree from pictures the fit and finish looks definitely a good package. I read in the TD thread about handling and stability issues (taking in to consideration the body design also). Could you please let me know if you experienced any issues in handling and stability at high speeds?

Cheers
-Rajesh
Old 10th February 2009, 14:06   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vinay, congratulations on a great buy. I am really amazed by the amount of gadgetry you have mentioned in your Xylo. It really seems to be one of the most loaded VFM vehicle in this range right now.
Look forward to pics when the vehicle returns.
Cheers
Old 10th February 2009, 14:20   #66
BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase Vinay.

I must say, although I initially loathed the way the Xylo looks, after seeing a couple on the roads it has started growing on me. The rear three quarter view is actually quite nice.

Enjoy the experience and do update us on how Mahindra has progressed from the Scorpio
Old 10th February 2009, 15:01   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on buying the new Xylo. That's a nice transition from a sedan to MUV. Hope when can i make such a move from my Viva to a MUV
Old 10th February 2009, 15:24   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Plus I am not able to post detailed pics right now as the car is in Rajasthan with my dad right now. Will post detailed pics in one or two days asa it returns.
Xylo is mile munching in Jodhpur?
Old 10th February 2009, 15:30   #69
Senior - BHPian

Nice initial description Vinay.
Wasn't aware there are so many features in it!
And considering the price its quiet a VFM.
Old 10th February 2009, 19:17   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbaliga View Post
Though i did not get a chance to TD the car, i agree from pictures the fit and finish looks definitely a good package. I read in the TD thread about handling and stability issues (taking in to consideration the body design also). Could you please let me know if you experienced any issues in handling and stability at high speeds?

Cheers
-Rajesh
Hi Rajesh! Yes, I feel there is certain amount of body roll considering the absence of the anti roll bar, but trust me, its barely noticeable (details coming soon in Performance section). However the fact also remains that I did not go above 80kmph as had set overspeed warning (i think I forgot to mention this nice feature) to this but the car goes till 90kmph@2000rpm in 5th gear. Yes, another great feature in the DDAS is Over Speed alert. You can set it to 80, 100, 120 Kmph. It starts to buzz and flashes "Over Speed!! Check vehicle speed" asa you go above the set limit. You also get warned for seatbelts, handbrake, water in fuel filter, timing belt, low oil pressure, high temp and what not!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
Congratulations on the purchase Vinay.

I must say, although I initially loathed the way the Xylo looks, after seeing a couple on the roads it has started growing on me. The rear three quarter view is actually quite nice.

Enjoy the experience and do update us on how Mahindra has progressed from the Scorpio
Yes Swale! I agree, the car slowly grows on to you. It happened with me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
Xylo is mile munching in Jodhpur?
Nope buddy! Its at Churu, our native place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats on buying the new Xylo. That's a nice transition from a sedan to MUV. Hope when can i make such a move from my Viva to a MUV
Hey Mobike008! I still have the Viva and very much love it!! Is your's a CRDI? Howz it has performed? Mine has done 144k and still going on! I feel a bit of erosion in power sometimes now. What say?

Thanks guys for all your wishes!!

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th February 2009 at 19:44. Reason: only two smilies per post allowed
Old 10th February 2009, 20:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why E6?
The first thing that I had to decide after I had made my mind for the Xylo was which variant to go for. Xylo is available in four variants

E2: HVAC, Power steering, Power windows, Central Locking, Transponder-based Immobilizer, Flat bed Front Seats.

E4: Dual AC is added, rest same as E2.

E6: Adds dual ACs with roof console, Vinyl + Fabric Seats, Remote Locking, Wheel Caps, Rear Wash Wipe & Demist, Intellipark Reverse Assist, Two dinn Audio system (with USB & SD Card), Ski Racks (Optional), Digital Drive Assist System (Trip computer,Speedo,Gear engaged), Electric ORVM & Body Side Moulding, Arm Rests, Lumber Support in captain seats, Contrast exteriors & Full floor Consol, front and back fod lamps

E8: Adds Alloy Wheels, Digital Drive Assist Sytem (full info including the selectable religious symbols and a compass), Reverse Fog Lamps, Foldable Flight Trays.

Fit, finish and build:
Well guys, this is one area where this mahindra has scored the maximum. Its by far the best made mahindra I have come across. Be it the panel gaps or the paint job everything is just perfect. Everything on the exterior is no less in quality then the innova or for that matter any other foreign brand.
The seats in the Xylo are better then those in the innova and they provide Lumber support (three point adjustable) plus the driver sear height adjustment. The seats are so comfortable, they made me compare it to the back seats of the Contessa I had years back.

Instrumentation:

It then shows the last mode you were on like the first mode is the Speedo and the Gear selected where you get the speed and the gear you are in. It highlihts the gear number form all 6 shown asa you engage the clutch (read lift the foot off the clutch padel). Toggle the mode selector arrow keys and you can switch to two part trip computer. first screen shows the average speed since the last reset and the FE in Km/l. Press the toggle key again and you will see the distance travelled and the distance you can travel with the remaining amount of fuel.

The lights I would mention in the inside are prety impressive. You have a spot light for every seat plus two room lights which dim in theater style. You have puddle lights at the bottom of all five doors which sufficiently illuminate the ground before you set your foot out of the car.

The Music System is a Nippon brand two dinn MP3 USB,SD card/Aux unit with sufficient sound. All four doors have the speakers and the tweeters are installed in the front doors just inside where normally the manual ORVM adjuster joystick is installed. And yes, the ORVMs are electrically adjustable.

Haven't tested the AC completely yet but I bet its best in class. The molded roof looks amazing with all those lights and AC vents.

To be continued......
no wonder its selling like hot cakes! this review of yours has revealed some good features i dint realize during the TD.

mahindra has made it so much value for money that buying a scorpio now makes little sense! i hope they make amends with the new scorpio.
Old 10th February 2009, 21:07   #72
BHPian

Quote:
...Over Speed alert. You can set it to 80, 100, 120 Kmph. It starts to buzz and flashes "Over Speed!! Check vehicle speed" asa you go above the set limit. You also get warned for seatbelts, handbrake, water in fuel filter, timing belt, low oil pressure, high temp and what not!!
Congratulations and this is really great stuff!

I find the looks decent - and normally people bash the looks of any new car, until they get used to them!
Old 10th February 2009, 21:44   #73
Senior - BHPian

Then why the rpm meter upto 7.
Old 11th February 2009, 08:07   #74
BHPian

vinayrathore
Congratulations.
How decent is the trunk space if you fold the 3rd row? It will be wonderful if you can post a picture of the trunk with folded 3rd row.
Old 11th February 2009, 09:46   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss_now View Post
vinayrathore
Congratulations.
How decent is the trunk space if you fold the 3rd row? It will be wonderful if you can post a picture of the trunk with folded 3rd row.
If you plan to do this , it would be even more helpful if you can place couple of suitcases in the folded area so that we get a clearer picture

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks