Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How's your Dicor 2.2VTT ownership been (see 1st post for explanation)
No Issues 25 26.32%
Minor Niggles 50 52.63%
Major Issues 10 10.53%
What a pain 10 10.53%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2009, 00:02   #16
Team-BHP Support

My brother owns a Safari. Am I allowed to vote ?

Without voting, let me tell you. It has faced major issues. Though the solution was comically minor, it took TASS two months and 2 major breakdowns to figure out.
Old 15th February 2009, 02:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
... is so horribly cliched its not funny.

Safari is awesome, but the quote in bold is more perception than reality!
It is the perception of a current owner who has owned other vehicles in the past, and I think this is the case with most others. I know this is the case with me, but I havent voted because the gentleman specifically asked about the 2.2 while I own the 3.0.

So unless you are gifted with some remarkable ability to perceive what they are unable to without actually owning one your post is pretty much bereft of any credibility.
Old 15th February 2009, 07:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
but I havent voted because the gentleman specifically asked about the 2.2 while I own the 3.0.
Objectivity mucho appreciated.
@Eddy, sure, proxy voting's ok, as long as 2 people do not vote for the same car, especially differing perceptions It'd be nice if you could vote based on the owner's own take, of course.
Old 16th February 2009, 08:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Just 18 votes so far, and a couple of them aren't Dicor owners! (Yes, i did follow every user profile and tried to understand their experience)

While on this - one of my friends who bought his 4x4 sometime ago, and has been recommending it strongly, ran into some trouble yesterday! One of the ems connector caps apparently had a crack, and some water might've gone in during a wash. The car started sputtering and stalling at 8pm in BTM layout and he left it at a relatives place overnight. Of course, he and his parents have used the car over long distances all across Karnataka over numerous trips, and despite iffy roads, there have been zero issues so far. He thinks it might even just dry up and start perfectly alright in the morning today
Old 16th February 2009, 10:35   #20
Team-BHP Support

Hi Zenx,

I have cast my vote on my brother's behalf. Unfortunately, its in the worst category. If you need details, lemme know. I will forward you the email he wrote to TATA describing the pain the car caused him.
Old 16th February 2009, 16:17   #21
BHPian

Voted Major: Had a wiring related issue when i enagaged the 4X4 and the wiring got caught in the 4X4 and I lost all engine power. The service guys it seems had forgot to fix a clamp or something during the service.

Besides that one bad issue, no other reason to ever look back at my decision in my 1+yrs of ownership.
Old 3rd March 2009, 17:41   #22
BHPian

Minor!!!

Been driving the Beast for around 10 months!! Clocked around 23k kms. I would say safe as home!!!!! Come on guys whats there in a ownership without a few niggles!! Gets you to understand her more!!! My 2 Cents!!

Regards
Ramesh
Old 3rd March 2009, 17:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Well can moderators please put in the thread title Voting open for for 2.2 VTT owners only.
Seems some people have not read the preamble of the poll. Voters with no ownership experience can skew the poll particularly in small sample or 26 right now

Last edited by amitk26 : 3rd March 2009 at 18:11.
Old 3rd March 2009, 18:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Tata Safari 2.2 - The King - Rules whatelse to say nothing more

All the great kings in the past also had some small niggles in their life and same here with this King, he just rules and makes way for his people.

Last edited by gowda79 : 3rd March 2009 at 18:12.
Old 3rd March 2009, 18:13   #25
BANNED

I haven't voted as Im not a Safari owner/user, but lot of my friends own it & from their views/experiences, I can say that the Vehicle comes with niggles.
Old 3rd March 2009, 18:24   #26
BHPian

No niggles as of yet in past 1 year, and fingers crossed....This car really is the ultimate beast.

My friend has one now for 7 years and though he wouldn't have the same opinion about niggles, he certainly wouldn't trade the car for anything in the world except maybe a new safari
Old 3rd March 2009, 18:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, the numbers are indeed beginning to speak for themselves. Seems a lot of folks have not been left high and dry in the middle of nowhere, and neither do they have a persistent headache that needs a TASC-pill. Of course, many more Safaris on board, so lets see how this goes....
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Guys truly speaking its only small rattlings which is their in my vehicle other than that the vehicle is
Smooth as a Whale in Water or Smooth as a Swan on Water.

Last edited by gowda79 : 3rd March 2009 at 19:31.
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:41   #29
BHPian

Drove my friend's V.T.T. last weekend at my lonavala cottage which has a not so hot access way in the best of condition. Safari could directly get down across some fields to reach without grounding anywhere. More than adequate grunt. Offcourse rainy days and slushy black soil could be another matter altogether.
Ergonomy is fine. Steering felt quite vague though and turning radius is shocking !!! Very difficult to turn without some planning on the old mumbai pune highway at the waksai junction.
Another thing i noticed is that the clutch feels extremely rough, course while being depressed. His truck has done only 10 k and is well maintained. Is this thing common to all safaris or was a problem with this one?
I remember not noticing this thing with scorpio.
otherwise all well. I would not put my money on this one for sure. Didnt feel refined at all.
During pickup too which is quite good considering its a heavy diesel truck, there is a course edge to the engine note or feel. Have driven a NA turbo scorpio and also the mhawk one. Dont particualrly remember noticing that rough edge....
Another thing is its a 5 seater and anybody having delusions of it being a spacious 7 seater ll be sorely disappointed. The 5 sit very well way better than the scorpio but the scorpio jump sits could sit a 6 footer like me at the expense of not so spacious middle row. The safari one may only sit a couple of small ones.
Old 3rd March 2009, 20:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Voted for minor; for me squeaks and bad A.S.S.
Had I been driving another other car like I do on my Safari, it would have had some major issues by now.

@ pha, the point is teh driver will be more confident that if had been in any other car and passengers still dont get to know what we just flew through.
Firstly, please note. original statement about "major issues", and then the edit by him just below - Focus magically shifted from strength of car to feeling of passenger. I rest that part of my case!

Quote:
It is the perception of a current owner who has owned other vehicles in the past, and I think this is the case with most others. I know this is the case with me, but I havent voted because the gentleman specifically asked about the 2.2 while I own the 3.0.
Agreed. So neither have I commented on the reliability, nor voted. You are mixing up two things. More below.

Quote:
So unless you are gifted with some remarkable ability to perceive what they are unable to without actually owning one your post is pretty much bereft of any credibility.
Now, not only are you pushing the realm of logic, you are completely confusing two things:
a. I DID NOT say that safari has bad reliability. Please re-read. Duh.
b. What did I say? I said that the quote - read bold above is untrue. Because I have been to most corners of Himachal, all of Sikkim (except Dzongri), all of Gujarat (incl Rann) and I have never seen that safari's endurance to be way above the others that others would've crumbled - it is visually comprehensible that AS MANY if not more taveras, sumos, scorpios, boleros, omnis do such routes. Heck, pulsars do just as fine (and there I speak from extensive experience) in hills, and even a caliber can be ridden roughshod over useless terrain without much issues.

The point on safari comfort is absolutely a fact (and I've alluded as much on multiple threads).

Why don't you or other safari owners (having done atleast 25-30k km) post a comparo of their previous cars - saying historically, this is my maintenance cost specifically attributable to bad roads - this is what my safari has managed, my previous car costed so much.

Then let's hear quantified statements saying:
Quote:
"This are the maintenance costs which I would've faced "Had I been driving another other car like I do on my Safari""
Can we talk numbers, instead of maligning others' credibility with attribution of intent which doesn't exist? pretty please?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks